PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 6/3/16
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS & SIBLINGS)
1. Steve Birch (Youngs TBF) 48 – 7 Peg 17 SIBLINGS A
F1’s & Carp on Pole & Maggot
2. Pat Clark (Limetree Social) 44 -12
3. John McGann (Ridgemere AC) 43 – 5
4. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 42 – 5
SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Neil Carless (Ridgemere AC) 59 – 3 Peg 12
F1’s on Maggot Feeder
2. Steve Daley (Ridgemere AC) 56 – 7
3. Steve Lowell (Packington) 52 -11
4. Lee Myers (Packington) 48 – 5
PACKINGTON VETS (GEARYS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 47 -13 Peg 7 LITTLE GEARYS
F1’s on Pole & Maggot
2. Brian Overton (Packington) 32 -10
3. Jim Hinckley (Packington) 32 – 2
4. John McGann (Ridgemere AC) 24 -14
BIRMINGHAM THURSDAY CLUB
1. Tony Robinson 20 -10 Peg 13
F1’s on Pole & Maggot
2. Wayne Marshall 15 -13
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 54 – 3 Peg 27
Carp & Skimmers on Bomb & Bread
2. Wayne Colloff (Royal Oak) 38 – 9
3. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 33 – 2
4. Phil Hull (Lanes Bait) 32 – 0
LIMETREE SOCIAL AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dave Watson 54 – 7 Peg 13
F1’s on Pole & Maggot
2. Pat Clark 52 – 5
3. Alan Hancox 42 -11
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS LEAGUE
1. Carl Hopps (Packington) 17 – 9 Peg 17
Skimmers on Cage Feeder & Maggot
2. Ian Shirley (Packington) 16 -11
3. Keith Webb (Maypole) 16 – 9
4. Pete Brown (Maypole) 16 – 0
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS & WILLOW)
1. Neil Carless (Ridgemere AC) 44 – 8 Peg 19 MOLANDS
Carp & F1’s on Maggot Feeder
2. Shawn Little (MAP) 43 -12
3. Adam Rumble (Fosters) 39 – 5
4. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 26 -11
MOLANDS It was a very cold week with frosts nearly every night and the fishing was a little up and down because of it. Match weights to 60lb were best with big F1’s the main target, although on some days, carp to double figures were being caught down the edges later in the day or on matches. Maggot is still the top bait either on the maggot feeder or the pole down the margins. Top pegs are 2, 6, 12, 19, 27, 29, 43 – 47 and 55 – 60.
GEARYS Despite the cold weather carp are still showing on lots of pegs with fish to double figures coming to the bomb with punched bread. Good sized skimmers are being caught all around the pool as well with maggot, pinkies or caster fished over ground bait accounting for fish to 4lb in nets to 30lb.
LITTLE GEARYS The far side from pegs 5 down to 21 has been the most consistent area with F’1s showing well on these pegs. Nets to 50lb have been caught with maggot feeder catching a few then switching down to the inside margin with maggot or pellet working well later in the day.
WILLOW F1’s and carp in the 1 – 3lb range have been making up the bulk of the catches although a few chub around the 2lb mark are also being caught along with the odd bonus bigger carp. Waggler to the island is the best tactic fishing as close in as you can get with 6mm pellet or a bunch of maggots.
SIBLINGS A & B Both pools were fishing well early in the week with nets of F1’s and carp between 30 – 40lb coming from both pools but the cold weather has made it a little harder towards the weekend. Maggot or expander pellet fished over micros has been the best tactic on both pools.
ANNIVERSARIES There are still lots of fish on the early pegs with 1 – 4 producing catches to over 60lb. Mainly F1’s in the ½ – 2lb range with the odd carp, big skimmers and ide also being caught. A small maggot feeder fished on the pole with pellet or maggot has caught plenty of fish on these pegs but elsewhere on the pool it remains difficult.
EVERY WENESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN IS ON MOLANDS. THIS IS NOW AN AFTERNOON MATCH WITH THE DRAW AT 11am BUT WILL GET LATER AS THE DAYS DRAW OUT.
Draw 11am, fish 12.15pm to 5.15pm
SATURDAY 12th MARCH – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 13th MARCH – TEAMS OF THREE
FISHERY OPENING TIMES – FROM 1st MARCH
THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSES AT DUSK. PRICES ARE £9.00 FOR A FULL DAY AND £7.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
SEASON TICKETS ARE ON SALE, PRICED AT £180 FOR A FULL MEMBERSHIP AND £160 FOR A CONCESSIONARY MEMBERSHIP.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
TO FIND DETAILS OF MATCHES FOR THE MONTH (ON THE WEBSITE) PLEASE CLICK ON THE MONTH CONCERNED, ie MARCH 2016.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
www.packingtonestate.net Also see us on Facebook (Packingon Fisheries).