PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 15/11/15
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS, LITTLE GEARYS & SIBLINGS A)
1. Pat Clark (Lime Tree) 46 -10 Peg 9 SIBLINGS A
Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Dave Chapman (Warwick) 40 -10
3. Keith Wiles (Packington) 40 – 4
4. Keith Guest (Packington) 39 – 6
WEDNESDAY SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN
1. Phil Canning (Solihull Angling) 51 – 9 Peg 45
F1’s & Crucians on Pole & Maggot
2. John Burchell (Packington) 45 -14
3. Danny Tresigne (Colmic) 28 – 9
4. Ben Lockwood (Sensas) 22 -10
MAYPOLE AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Derek Hartshorn 49 – 0 Peg 9
F1’s on Pole & Pellet
1. Keith Webb 49 – 0 Peg 13
F1’s on Pole & Pellet
3. Ray Taylor 41 -15
(GRATUITES, LITTLE GEARYS & ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Alan Ellison (Attleborough) 38 – 9 Peg 9 GRATUITIES
Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Mick Cotton (Packington) 34 -10
3. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 32 – 8
4. Andy Saunders (Lime Tree) 30 -11
PAIRS MATCH (MOLANDS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Phil Hull (Lanes Bait) 43 -10 Peg 11 LITTLE GEARYS
F1’s on Pellet Feeder
2. Chris Horsely (Tusses) 39 – 0
3. John Newton (Smithys) 35 -13
4. Andy Jones (Packington) 34 – 9
SAC SILVER LEAGUE (MOLANDS)
1. John Newton (Smithys) 11 -10 Peg 21
Skimmers & Roach on Pole & Maggot
2. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 9 -13
3. Simon Chidler(Packington) 8 – 8
4. Ollie Corbett (Kings Heath) 7 – 7
SUNDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Jack Shirley (Packington) 93 -15 Peg 32
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Carl Lee Hopps (Packington) 60 -13
3. Phil Canning (Solihull Angling) 49 -10
4. Duncan Newton (Smithys) 46 -10
MOLANDS It has been a tough week on Molands with the water now starting to go a lot clearer and the F1’s not showing in huge numbers. Match weights to 50lb have been best with 20 – 30lb reasonable back up weights. The top tactics have been to fish at 13 metres with maggot over ground bait feeding maggots all the time. Waggler and pellet and pellet feeder are also producing a few fish. Top pegs are 2, 8, 12, 15, 21, 29, 31,
44 – 46 and 56 – 60.
GEARYS The carp are still having a go with the very mild weather and plenty of double figure fish are coming in nets to over 90lb. Bomb and pellet is the main tactic feeding 8mm pellets at 30 metres and this accounted for fish to 17lb this week. The skimmers are also showing well and nets to over 40lb have been caught on pole and maggot or caster. Top pegs are 7, 10 – 13, 16 – 19, 29, 31 – 33 and 36.
LITTLE GEARYS Match weights to 50lb this week but the fishing has been very consistent with most pegs producing lots of bites. F1’s, skimmers and a few bonus carp are the man target with a small pellet feeder fished tight to the island or pole and maggot the top tactics. The best pegs have been 3, 5, 7 – 11, 21 and 28.
GRATUITIES This is another pool that has gone quieter over the past week. Carp have provided the most of the action with a small pellet feeder or waggler with corn or bread punch accounting for fish up to 10lb. Crucians, skimmers and roach have been caught on long pole and maggot or caster.
ANNIVERSARIES A lot harder than last week with F1’s to 2lb the main target with expander pellet or double maggot the best hook baits fished over sparsely fed micro pellets. Best pegs have been 2 – 6, 13 – 15 and 21 – 23.
WILLOW Carp are being caught by fishing down the near margin with corn or dobbing bread and fish to double figures have fallen to this. Pellet feeder or a small waggler fished to the island is catching a few fish lately.
SIBLINGS A Patchy, but carp have been showing well on a few pegs with long pole and pellet across to the island the best tactic.
SIBLINGS B Lots of small F1’s are being caught on pole and maggot or pellet fishing tight across to the far bank.
SATURDAY 21st NOVEMBER – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 22nd NOVEMBER – WINTER LEAGUE
EVERY WEDNESDAY – OPEN – ALTERNATING BETWEEN MOLANDS OR LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9.30am, fish 10.30am – 3.30pm
FISHERY OPENING TIMES
FROM MONDAY 26th OCTOBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE AT 5pm. PRICES ARE £6.00 FOR A FULL DAY AND £4.50 FOR A CONCESSION TICKET.
TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR THE CHRISTMAS MATCH TO BE HELD ON SUNDAY 13th DECEMBER. THE PRICE IS £10 PER TICKET TO BE FISHED ON ALL POOLS AND A PRIZE FOR EVERYBODY.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
TO FIND DETAILS OF MATCHES FOR THE MONTH (ON THE WEBSITE) PLEASE CLICK ON THE MONTH CONCERNED, ie NOVEMBER 2015.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).