PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 22/11/15
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS & GEARYS)
1. Brian Overton (Packington) 50 – 2 Peg 2 MOLANDS
Carp & F1’s on Pellet Feeder
2. Brian Wooding (Solihull Angling) 34 – 6
3. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 30 – 2
4. Mick Cotton (Packington) 29 – 4
WEDNESDAY SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN
1. Danny Tresigne (Colmic) 94 – 4 Peg 9
F1’s on Waggler & Pellet
2. Phil Canning (Solihull Angling) 74 – 8
3. John Stockton (Barford AA) 68 -10
4. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 64 – 7
(LITTLE GEARYS, WILLOW & GRATUITIES)
1. Ray Quiney (Packington) 44 – 7 Peg 5 WILLOW
Carp & F1’s on Pellet Waggler
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 33 -12
3. Don Suckling (Ridgemere AC) 31 – 3
4. John Lowe (Tornadoes) 30 – 1
SATURDAY PAIRS LEAGUE
(MOLANDS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ben Lockwood (Sensas) 63 – 8 Peg 7 LITTLE GEARYS
F1’s on Pole & Pellet
2. John Newton (Smithys) 52 -12
3. Phil Hull (Lanes Bait) 38 -12
4. Danny Tresigne (Colmic) 36 – 7
PAIRS WINNERS, GARY BOOTH AND JOHN NEWTON
BRIGHTON AC (SIBLINGS A & B)
1. Martin Beckett 24 – 4 Peg 14 SIBLINGS B
F1’S on Pole & Pellet
2. Martin Berry 24 – 0
3. Craig Bott 19 – 0
3. Miles Davidson 19 – 0
PACKINGTON WINTER LEAGUE
(MOLANDS, GEARYS, LITTLE GEARYS & ANNIVERSARIES)
1. John Newton (Smithys) 67 -13 Peg 9 LITTLE GEARYS
F1’s on Waggler/ Pole & Maggot
2. Gary Lakin (Fishing Lodge) 58 – 3
3. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 48 – 4
4. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 37 – 2
1. Ben Lockwood (Sensas) 6 Points
2. Dave Elliott (Packington) 6 Points
3. Chris Cameron (Middy/Old Ghost) 7 Points
4. John Newton (Smithys) 8 Points
MOLANDS As you would expect, given the time of year and falling temperatures, the fishing has gone very patchy on Molands but catches were up a little on last week. Nets to 50lb have been caught in matches with F1’s providing the main action along with the odd bigger carp. Pellet feeder to the island on long pole and pellet are the top tactics at the moment. Top pegs are 2, 10, 12, 15, 31, 42 – 46 and 54 – 58.
GEARYS The cold weather has slowed sport but carp to 16lb have been caught in matches and by pleasure anglers. Bomb and bread is the top tactic fished out to the middle stumps with boilies also accounting for a few fish. Pole and pellet is catching plenty of skimmers in the 12oz – 2lb range.
LITTLE GEARYS The most consistent pool at the moment with F1’s and carp showing from all around the pool. Match weights to over 70lb caught this week and a variety of methods are catching. Waggler with pellet or maggot, pellet feeder to the island and long pole with maggot or pellet are all catching plenty of fish. Top pegs are 1, 7 – 11, 15, 21 and 25 – 29.
GRATUITIES A small pellet feeder or banjo feeder fished tight up to the island with punched bread, polony or dead reds on the hook has been the best tactic on Grats catching carp to 6lb and plenty in the 2 – 3lb range. Pole fished caster or expander pellet is providing crucians and a few tench.
WILLOW Waggler with punched bread fished up to the island is working well on Willow catching F1’s and carp to 4lb. Bigger carp are being caught down the inside margin with corn or pellet accounting for fish to double figures. Best pegs are 1, 4 – 6 and 11.
SIBLINGS A & B The horseshoe (Siblings B) is the more consistent pool with F1’s showing on most pegs fishing pellet or maggot across to the far bank or down the middle. On Siblings A the fishing has been a lot patchier with the carp showing on a few pegs with 3 – 9 the better pegs. Corn over micros has been catching a few fish.
SATURDAY 28th NOVEMBER – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 29th NOVEMBER – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – OPEN – MOLANDS OR LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9.30am, fish 10.30am – 3.30pm
FISHERY OPENING TIMES
FROM MONDAY 26th OCTOBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE AT 5pm. PRICES ARE £6.00 FOR A FULL DAY AND £4.50 FOR A CONCESSION TICKET.
TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR THE CHRISTMAS MATCH TO BE HELD ON SUNDAY 13th DECEMBER. THE PRICE IS £10 PER TICKET TO BE FISHED ON ALL POOLS AND A PRIZE FOR EVERYBODY.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
TO FIND DETAILS OF MATCHES FOR THE MONTH (ON THE WEBSITE) PLEASE CLICK ON THE MONTH CONCERNED, ie NOVEMBER 2015.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).