PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERYTelephone: 01676 523833FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 2/11/14
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/GEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 61 – 8 Peg 12 LITTLE GEARYS F1’s & Skimmers on Pole & Caster2. Mick Martin (Attleborough AC) 56 -103. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 39 – 83. John Downing (Packington) 39 – 4
MAYPOLE AC (GEARYS)
1. Alan Millichamp 54 – 0 Peg 19 Carp on Pole & Pellet2. Alan Pool 37 – 6 3. Ray Hassan 27 – 8
TONY’S OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 81 – 6 Peg 29 F1’s on Shallow Pole & Pellet2. John Burchell (Packington) 63 – 43. Chris Newton (Smithys) 63 – 0 4. Pete Heaven (Greyhound) 57 -14
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Derek Davies (Lanes Bait) 34 -12 Peg 47 F1’s & Crucians on Pole & Pellet2. Brian Overton (Packington) 34 – 03. Jim Wyatt (Packington) 32 – 74. Brian Cartridge (Packington) 28 -13
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Max Higgot (Team Makins) 58 – 0 2. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 55 – 03. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 48 – 44. Susie Smith (Kobra Feeders) 41 – 7
SOLIHULL ANGLING SILVER FISH LEAGUE (MOLANDS)
1. Gary Lakin (Fishing Lodge) 15 – 1 Peg 23 Skimmers & Crucians on Pole & Pellet2. Dave White (Lanes Bait) 14 – 13. Dan Wooding (Solihull Angling) 11 – 84. Jon Newton (Smithys) 11 – 6
SUNDAY OPEN (GRATUITIES & WILLOW)
1. Paul Amoss (Packington) 47 – 0 Peg 5 GRATUITIES Carp & Tench on Pole & Pellet2. Dan Diment (Polerigs UK) 44 -10 3. John Adamson (Alvechurch) 41 – 0 3. Pete Heaven (Greyhound) 41 – 0
MOLANDS The F1’s have been showing well this week with natural baits such as caster or maggot working best. F1’s to 5lb in nets to over 60lb are being caught with fishing on top of the first shelf or at five metres best. Carp are still coming to method or pellet feeder fished to the island with fish in the 5 – 8lb bracket and the odd double figure fish. Best pegs have been 2, 8 – 12, 19, 23 – 31, 42 – 48 and 56 – 60.
GEARYS The very mild weather has seen carp being caught up in the water and even off the top with floating baits but the general fishing has still been quite hard. Skimmers are showing on some pegs with catches to 30lb caught this week on pole fished maggot, pellet or caster fished over ground bait. Best pegs have been 6 – 13, 16, 19, 27 – 31 and 36.
LITTLE GEARYS Little Gearys has fished really well through the week with match weights to 80lb caught and plenty of good back up weights from around the pool. The milder weather saw shallow tactics working well with long pole and pellet or caster. Pellet or maggot fished down the first shelf is also working well at the moment. Best pegs are 3, 7 – 12, 19, 21, 24 – 29.
GRATUITIES Carp to 6lb have featured well this week with a lot of fish being caught up to the island with method or pellet feeder and punched bread or meat on the hook. Lots of crucians are showing on the pole with small expander or caster catching nets of 30lb+ fish in the 8oz – 1lb range. Best pegs have been 1, 5, 8, 9, 11 and 15.
WILLOW A little patchy this week but some decent nets of F1’s and carp have been caught, mostly by fishing up to the island with pellet feeder or wagglers. Pole and caster or expander is accounting for mixed nets of F1’s and skimmers. Best pegs have been 1, 3, 5, 6 and 10.
SIBLINGS A Carp to 10lb have featured in catches this week with lots of smaller samples showing on some areas. Fishery regular Ray Chandler sat on peg 8 and caught 40 carp and a few tench with the carp mostly between 1 and 3lb with the odd bigger fish. These all came to float fished corn across tight to the island.
SIBLINGS B Fishing really well with lots of carp and F1’s showing on all pegs. Maggot or pellet fished down the middle or across to the far bank have been the best tactics.
SATURDAY 8th NOVEMBER – OPEN – GEARYSDraw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 9th NOVEMBER – WINTER LEAGUEMOLANDS/GEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS.Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
FISHERY OPENING TIMES
FROM OCTOBER 27th THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE AT 5pm. WIINTER PRICES WILL BE REDUCED TO £6.00 FOR A FULL DAY TICKET AND £4.50 FOR A CONCESSION TICKET.
TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE SOON FOR OUR POPULAR CHRISTMAS MATCH WHICH IS TO BE HELD ON SUNDAY 14th DECEMBER.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE
TO FIND DETAILS OF MATCHES FOR THE MONTH (ON THE WEBSITE) PLEASE CLICK ON THE MONTH CONCERNED, ie NOVEMBER 2014. Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net