FISHING REPORT – WEEK ENDING 3/7/15
STARLETS VETS (LITTLE GEARYS AND ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Joe Roberts (Drennan) 110 – 3 Peg 11 LITTLE GEARYS F1’s on Pole & Meat
2. Mick Cotton (Attleborough) 83 – 4
3. Alan Dawson (Packington) 79 – 8
4 Alan Hemming (Packington Vets) 74 – 9
SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 70 – 2 Peg 48 Carp & F1’s on Pole & Pellet
2. John Burchell (Packington) 69 – 9
3. Danny Tresigne (Packington) 67 – 8
4. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 59 -10
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS & GRATUITIES)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 47 -10 Peg 11 GRATUITIES Carp & Skimmers
2. Dave Wood (Lanes Bait) 33 -11
3. Norman Davies Packington Vets) 33 – 54. B Harris (Packington) 20 – 2
FRIDAY EVENING OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Danny Tresigne (Packington) 208 -11 Peg 21 F1’s & Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 142 – 6
3. Dan Lee (Packington) 72 – 2
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Dave Elliott (Packington) 48 – 15 Peg 17 Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Terry Winstome (Packington) 46 – 5
3. Sam Vaughan (Packington) 41 -14
3. D Lockett 38 -12
PICKLE AC (SIBLINGS A & B)
1. John Sidwell 50 – 8 Peg 3 SIBLINGS B F1’s on Pole & Paste
2. Gary Amos 47 -12
3. Chris Robinson 29 -11
TORNADOES AC (MOLANDS)
1. Wayne Marshall 110 – 7 Peg 19 Carp & F1’s on Method & Pellet
2. Paul Nightingale 60 – 0
3. Ian Bagg 51 -13
4. Nigel Smith 46 -11
SUNDAY OPEN LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Danny Tresigne (Packington) 69 – 6 Peg 28 F1’s on Pellet Feeder
2. Aiden Mansfield (MAP) 64 – 4
3. Andrew Kelk (Ivac) 51 – 7
4. Lee Heaven (Greyhound) 51 – 0
MOLANDS It has been patchy this week with the F1’s still not feeding in large numbers. Carp are making up the better nets with fish to double figures in catches to over 100lb. Method/pellet feeder fished tight across to the island on pellet waggler have accounted for the bigger catches. Pleasure anglers are catching on boilies or surface baits. Skimmers, crucians and tench can be caught on worm/caster or soft pellet fished down the first shelf. Best pegs 4, 12, 15 – 19, 27 – 31, 44 – 48 and 56 – 60.
GEARYS Still not in great form but nets to 80lb have been taken in matches and pleasure anglers have enjoyed better success, particularly those who fish into the evening. Pellet waggler or bomb and pellet/boilies are the top tactics for carp. Mixed nets of skimmers, crucians, tench and small carp are being caught on the worm and caster or meat at 5 metres. Best pegs are 10 – 13, 16 – 20, 23, 29 – 32 and 36.
LITTLE GEARYS The most consistent pool at the moment with match weights to 200lb+ and good nets being caught from all around the pool. Short pole with pellet is the most effective approach catching lots of F1’s shallow or on the deck. Pellet or method feeder to the island is also working well and meat down the margins is another tactic that has put plenty of fish into the net this week.
GRATUITIES Pleasure anglers fishing surface baits or shallow tactics such as pellet waggler have enjoyed really good success with lots of carp showing in the 2 – 4lb range and a few larger samples too. Fishing a small waggler or pole long with caster or maggot can be successful for good nets of skimmers, crucians, tench, carp and the odd barbel. Top pegs have been on the far side from 9 – 15.
ANNIVERSARIES Lots of F1’s in the 12oz – 1½lb range being caught with the odd bigger ones to 4lb showing with pole and pellet or maggot catching all around the pool. Better sized carp are showing on the early pegs from 1 – 4 with fish to double figures coming to corn or meat fished tight to the far side.
WILLOW Lots of carp and F1’s being caught by fishing right up to the island with pellet feeder or pellet waggler doing best. Some big fish to over 15lb are coming to bread or dog biscuit off the top. Pole fished shallow with pellet has also been working well on Willow.
SIBLINGS A Pleasure anglers have had some great days catching carp to 10lb, F1’s, ide and skimmers with pole to the island the best tactics and also starting to work well down the margins. Meat over micros, or pinging 4mm pellets is the best approach.
SIBLINGS B In good form with lots of F1’s backed up with carp, crucians and a few tench. Pole and paste is the top tactic, either fished down the middle or across to the far bank.
SATURDAY 9th JULY – OPEN – GEARYSDraw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 10th JULY – OPEN – MOLANDSDraw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN – MOLANDSDraw 1pm, fish 2.30pm to 7.30pm.
PACKINGTON SOMERS FESTIVAL
THE FISHERY HAS A FEW PLACES LEFT FOR THE FESTIVAL ON WEDNESDAY 13th – FRIDAY 15th JULY. IT WILL BE FISHED ON GEARYS, MOLANDS AND LITTLE GEARYS AND THE COST IS £120 ALL IN.
FISHERY OPENING TIMES
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT DUSK. PRICES ARE £9.00 FOR A FULL DAY TICKET AND £7.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
TO FIND DETAILS OF MATCHES FOR THE MONTH (ON THE WEBSITE) PLEASE CLICK ON THE MONTH CONCERNED, ie JULY 2016.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check our website onwww.packingtonestate.net
Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).