banned for being too good!

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing banned for being too good!

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #54137

      Just read Paul Newell’s comments in the back of match fishing mag, feel sorry for the guy if true mates got bait banned because he too good on it. I had the pleasure of drawing next to him once and must say he came accross as a real nice chap, good luck to him.

    • #164591

      If you can’t beat him ban him, that seems the attitude

    • #164596

      TF_boss bait
      Participant

      @hempseed wrote:

      Just read Paul Newell’s comments in the back of match fishing mag, feel sorry for the guy if true mates got bait banned because he too good on it. I had the pleasure of drawing next to him once and must say he came accross as a real nice chap, good luck to him.

      met paul quite a few times at tunnel barn go every easter always moaning but a nice bloke would give you the time of the day . always remember him saying you take my money when its bloodworm fishing so my turn now .dont know what has happened as i only go once a year but at the end of the day it is a business and if no one is turning up then no profit this is the reallity
      i know mike didnt want to have any bans but you have to make a profit great fishery but politics have played a part wrightly or wrongly

    • #164606

      Can’t blame the owner for banning it if all the other anglers are staying away,it is his livelihood after all,I’d blame the sulking anglers who can’t beat him it’s up to them to raise their game,but then again it’s like that everywhere

    • #164617

      think you will find plenty of people beat Paul at tunnel while he was fishing bread .

      to be fair , i hardly fished there last year – but that was because i wanted to fish elsewhere not because of Paul.

      he is a real nice bloke and its a shame , but tunnel is a business and if they think it affected attendances you cant really blame them.

    • #164626

      If Tunnel Barn Matches were not run by the fishery, but by a match organiser who was making a percentage from the pegs, the same decision would have been made but even faster. It would have been the wrong one in terms of sportsmanship but the right one in terms of the business.

      When money is involved in anything sporting, fairness and respect largely disappears, mainly because it brings out from the woodwork all kinds of money grabbing attitudes.

      I’ve seen ploys at some matches where people have sprayed their keepnets with additives, another time someone was cleaning the mud off their boots in the water before the match. Only the mud was pellet laced. Worm cleaning using the lake water in the margins, then seeing that there are some chopped ones getting through the riddle. In the days before commis there were instances when mates were called just after a draw who then got to the peg and were prebaiting before anyone had left the carpark. These are the kind of things that need banning not methods that clearly work and anyone can learn to be good at.

      Business decision at the end of the day pressured by both the numbers not attending and those attending who had no desire to change their game.

    • #164628

      This is an unfortunate side to match fishing these days, we do not have club matches on our club water any more because a small number of anglers were winning all the time, people moaned at not being able to beat them and attendances dropped from 20 a few yrs ago to 5 at the last half dozen run.

      Now there are a few of us who have to travel up to 2hrs on average (either way) to find a match to fish. 🙁 🙁

    • #164630

      In the past clubbies would be run on rivers, lakes , resevoirs etc and no one dominated every match. The problem with commies is they are all the same pretty much and rammed with carp of one sort or another.
      Venues like TB have matches just about every day and someone will crack it with a particular method that they are very good at.Others walk and attendances fall, fact of life.
      We really need alternative venues, not many individuals how ever good they may be, dominate on rivers.
      Commies are brilliant and I love them but I could not fish the same venue several times a week even if I had the time.

    • #164634

      I guess end of day if keeping people away then only decision? I guess if fisheries decide that they wanna ban someone they can, I guess a lot of people stay away from venues if dominated, maybe a few bans is the way forward

    • #164635

      just so people know —

      Paul hasnt been banned – bread as feed has been .

      Paul has decided he doesnt want to fish the venue again as he thinks it isnt fair .

    • #164638

      TF_carpcruncher
      Participant

      I dont blame him…. hes perfected a method its upto them to perfect there game!!

    • #164640

      TF_Anthonywaters
      Participant

      Not a unique case loads of fisheries have banned baits and methods which have no detrement to the fishery, quality of fishing or fish welfare but simply just becuse some anglers are good at them and others dont like the style of fishing, Im not sure which method has been banned here I cant tell its bread from the post, incidentally bread seems to attract alot of attention when it comes to banning methods at venues.

    • #164641

      I know paul is not banned it is sloppy bread, but if an angler was dominating a fishery and causing people not to attend and was using same bait as everyone else (like pellet) then sounds like the fishery owner would ban them to get anglers turning up and paying his wage

    • #164642

      TF_carpmagic
      Participant

      I fish tunnel a bit in the summer and i think to say paul dominated is some way off the mark. Yes he won a few matches but i would say there are others who won a lot more. I personally think there is a lot more to this than a few people moaning about a method. Tunnel has some of the best f1 anglers in the country fishing it in Stu Palsar, Pete Caton, etc and i know they never had a problem with the bread. It wasnt something they wanted to fish but neither did they ask for it to be banned.

    • #164643

      Just read so called article, bloody hell he didn’t hold back naming names did he?

    • #164644

      TF_baitchef
      Participant

      Seems a bit excessive to ban it when they could have just put a limit on it? 🙁

      A hypothetical question, would a fishery ban its own feed pellets if an angler dominated using them? 😉

    • #164647

      TF_carpcruncher
      Participant

      where is the artical?

    • #164649

      TF_browning
      Participant

      I run what people say is a great silver fish only league in the winter,we have anglers of all standards fish this league from england internationals,open match anglers,and club anglers alike.people know what anglers fish this league and never moan or complain and you generally find that the club anglers that fish are helped by the top anglers and we have a waiting list every year because the fishing is so good.
      my point is people have a choice whether they go to these venues or not,if they do perhaps they should up there game and learn off the regulars that attend and not try to get a bait banned because it has worked for someone who has put the time and effort into it.

    • #164660

      TF_arrow otter
      Participant

      @carpmagic wrote:

      I fish tunnel a bit in the summer and i think to say paul dominated is some way off the mark. Yes he won a few matches but i would say there are others who won a lot more. I personally think there is a lot more to this than a few people moaning about a method. Tunnel has some of the best f1 anglers in the country fishing it in Stu Palsar, Pete Caton, etc and i know they never had a problem with the bread. It wasnt something they wanted to fish but neither did they ask for it to be banned.

      The above anglers never had a problem with bread 😮 your on drugs carpmagic, just like the names in the article theyve moaned and slatted the method for years, like Paul said if he wouldnt have been winning on it nobody would have ever said a word about it and thats a fact.

    • #164672

      Anonymous

      The ducks at tunnel will be gutted!!!!!!
      Maybe it would have been a better rule to have limited the amount of bread per match than to ban it totally, say 1 loaf per angler, i feel for him as it must be like taking a part of your life away,,,you seem to get attached to a venue and when you’ve been there 16 years, the love inside for the place is massive,Tough luck mate,, fishings a cruel game and so are some of the blokes around you! x

    • #164720

      TF_Anthonywaters
      Participant

      @chrismoorhead wrote:

      well that’s interesting paul wont fish there just because he cannot feed bread
      personally I would find another method and then another method and keep trying
      you guys and gals have to remember that fisheries have have there own “CLICKS”
      i.e a group of people whom the owner will only listen to ive seen this first hand
      you see guys and gals its reality anglers no matter what ability they will moan and I can only imagine the pressure the owner was under to do as they asked
      in simple terms if you work for a living and some took £100 out of your wage packet every would you say anything I know just about everybody would so spare a thought for the owner I don’t know the guy but at least understand what he was going through
      its always the case I don’t want to fish it so ban it to name and old cliche

      Happens everywhere mate rules get made up by regulars just for their own good and nowt to do with the good of the fishery or the fish welfare, then some of the regulars just automatically assume you know their fictitious rules.

    • #164721

      @chrismoorhead wrote:

      well that’s interesting paul wont fish there just because he cannot feed bread
      personally I would find another method and then another method and keep trying
      you guys and gals have to remember that fisheries have have there own “CLICKS”
      i.e a group of people whom the owner will only listen to ive seen this first hand
      you see guys and gals its reality anglers no matter what ability they will moan and I can only imagine the pressure the owner was under to do as they asked
      in simple terms if you work for a living and some took £100 out of your wage packet every would you say anything I know just about everybody would so spare a thought for the owner I don’t know the guy but at least understand what he was going through
      its always the case I don’t want to fish it so ban it to name and old cliche

      Agree with chrismoorhead , especially the bit about “CLICKS” unfortunatly its what happens at alot of commercials, they seem to have alot of power on whats gets allowed and banned usually to suit them winning, its a tough balance for the owner, as over complicated rules can also keep pleolple from returning to a venue, im sure the “clicks” would be happy just fishing against each other in 8 peggers, which wont make much profit for the owner. Bread does seem to be a popular one to ban its happened where i fish alot,

    • #164734

      Dont blame him, I can see the day when only bait bought at the site shop will be allowed on all commercials.

    • #164782

      TF_badger
      Participant

      Before reading the article, I thought it was a bit oot banning bread. Has the fishery imposed the ban on the grounds of fish welfare because IMO feeding 5 loaves of bread does seem rather excessive. Imagine if everybody followed suit, you might have a situation were 3 to 4 hundred loaves were been slung into the lakes every week. I realise that other baits fed in excess could have a detrimental effect on fish welfare, so maybe limiting the amount of bait used may have been a better option , but would that then have negated the effectiveness of the method anyway. One thing I will say if the guy says he’s not going back because he doesn’t agree with the rules, and he’s going to venues that the rules suit his style of fishing good luck to him.

    • #164816

      ”banned for being too good!”

      shome mishtake shurely?!

      given;
      A- he’s not actually banned from the venue.
      B- he’as ‘Agent X’ categorically lists the regular anglers better than him result wise -who aren’t banned.
      C- Bread slop is banned in matches.

      Given that both A & B are repeatedly stated throughout the article – then clearly the title is both misleading and pointedly untrue within the actual article following the headline.

      Liked the premise of a ‘right to reply ‘type article – but the, admittedly titillating, sensationalism in journalism by somewhat unnecessary inclusion of a headline strap misnomer shouldn’t surely therefore mean a stated contradiction in basic presented reported same article ?!!

      Not taking a view either way.- merely pointing out the contradiction in terms between headline and actual story within M/F Feb. magazine.

      .

    • #165044

      Anonymous

      sick to death of moaning anglers, if you cannot beat him with your methods join him, watch how its done and have a go. Paul if your logged in tell me how you do it.

    • #165286

      Read comments regarding my method today and also my character ,, in 16yrs it’s, true i got three bans ,more like yellow cards the last one was over six yrs ago now I do believe even the police force should wipe the slate clean after this time Ok. , if there is any scientific proof that my bait is harmfull ban it completely and dobbing Note all them experts. Writing stuff and you can’t feed,, Regards me feeding ten loaves This would spill out of a senses bucket and I don’t need that much. Early march i.would look to feed small amounts of liquidised. Ie one loaf April may will increase 2/3 loaves. June. July. 3/4 loaves. August. 5/7. Loaves. September 3/2. Oct. 1 loaf or gone till next year. I. Have never used or needed 10. Loaves. Now to put some sense into this an every day loaf is 800grms. Ok. Times five is 4 kilo Or. Two. Bags. Of. Ground bait. What on earth is wrong with that. ? Only I should have lied and said I was using senses punch crumb and a6/8 mm punch. Then they. Would have thought that’s sexy. Sold it in. The shop and happy days. ???????

    • #165287

      Read comments regarding my method today and also my character ,, in 16yrs it’s, true i got three bans ,more like yellow cards the last one was over six yrs ago now I do believe even the police force should wipe the slate clean after this time Ok. , if there is any scientific proof that my bait is harmfull ban it completely and dobbing Note all them experts. Writing stuff and you can’t feed,, Regards me feeding ten loaves This would spill out of a senses bucket and I don’t need that much. Early march i.would look to feed small amounts of liquidised. Ie one loaf April may will increase 2/3 loaves. June. July. 3/4 loaves. August. 5/7. Loaves. September 3/2. Oct. 1 loaf or gone till next year. I. Have never used or needed 10. Loaves. Now to put some sense into this an every day loaf is 800grms. Ok. Times five is 4 kilo Or. Two. Bags. Of. Ground bait. What on earth is wrong with that. ? Only I should have lied and said I was using senses punch crumb and a6/8 mm punch. Then they. Would have thought that’s sexy. Sold it in. The shop and happy days. ???????

    • #165289

      TF_Anthonywaters
      Participant

      @paulnewell wrote:

      Read comments regarding my method today and also my character ,, in 16yrs it’s, true i got three bans ,more like yellow cards the last one was over six yrs ago now I do believe even the police force should wipe the slate clean after this time Ok. , if there is any scientific proof that my bait is harmfull ban it completely and dobbing Note all them experts. Writing stuff and you can’t feed,, Regards me feeding ten loaves This would spill out of a senses bucket and I don’t need that much. Early march i.would look to feed small amounts of liquidised. Ie one loaf April may will increase 2/3 loaves. June. July. 3/4 loaves. August. 5/7. Loaves. September 3/2. Oct. 1 loaf or gone till next year. I. Have never used or needed 10. Loaves. Now to put some sense into this an every day loaf is 800grms. Ok. Times five is 4 kilo Or. Two. Bags. Of. Ground bait. What on earth is wrong with that. ? Only I should have lied and said I was using senses punch crumb and a6/8 mm punch. Then they. Would have thought that’s sexy. Sold it in. The shop and happy days. ???????

      Paul being good at something will always attract the wrong attentions, your bang right with your equation of your bait being only 4 kilo – that is the same as 2 bags of ground bait or 4 kilo of pellets, but lets face it how many anglers / organisers they just make shite up to suit themselves or their click, they dont care if its factual they just don’t want to see you doing it and god forbid pulling it off ! I had a guy recently tell me I was fishing past 16m, I wasnt, I was set up at 16m as White Acres rule, but hey ho I take a section of there’s no instrument to measure it !, just a bad feeling and people thinking im a nob ! that’s life mate there will be the scientists on here who proclaim the decomposition of bread is different to the cereals found in pellets etc they will be guessing when they make that judgement , cereal is cereal – meat is a different entity – keep your chin up Regards Ant

    • #165290

      Didn’t they use the reason/excuse that some of the liccy was not sinking and instead floating into other peoples pegs ?

Viewing 29 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.