Barrow/trolley

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Barrow/trolley

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Ander son 1 week ago.

• Author

What is the best barrow/trolley out there at the moment?, been through yet another preston shuttle wheel sunday, my kit is quite heavy, rive box, large carryall, bait bucket etc, whats your thoughts?

TF_andy cranes mate
    Participant

Bout time someone did a conversion kit to make them 4 wheeled. Spread the weight out more.

preston already do a 4 wheeled version

Have a butchers here:

http://www.gt-precision-angling.co.uk/home.aspx

Well pleased wi mine – “handles like a dream” honest guv 🙂

Go down to your local tip/recycling centre and take some wheels off of a small childs bike, the mag ones are what I have (not from tip but kept from my own childs bike) and just swap the wheels. They are stronger and if like mine are solid tyres so no puncture worries!!

TF_bremes
    Participant

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-PENROSE-BARROW-PLATFORM-SXL-/110758302470?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item19c9b59306

IMHO still the best barrow on the market,had one years and its been well used n abused 😡 but still going strong.

Anonymous

@bremes wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-PENROSE-BARROW-PLATFORM-SXL-/110758302470?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item19c9b59306

IMHO still the best barrow on the market,had one years and its been well used n abused 😡 but still going strong.

I have one of these in SXL size, rarely use it as a barrow, more so as a platform for my Rive. Any time I have used it as a barrow it’s been pretty good even with the heaviest of loads, although my Rive Wheel kit gets more use.

As we are getting older more consideration should be given to your shoulders arms and back with the preston you only push with your whole body weight with the palm of hands needed so easy as long as the ground is even Unlike the platform type lot of lifting and supporting the balance till you reach your peg or car. the 4×4 is so more less senergy sapping????

I have a four by four preston and its a fantastic concept. However ive had a wheel bearing go already after two weeks and expect another at any time. I intend to find someone who will take the crap Chinese bearings out and refit with something reliable. I have used and still have the penrose for uneven ground and pegs where a platform is required, but the preston 4×4 is ausome, just push it like a pram 🙂

Rigger platform/barrow, does it all.
    http://www.rct-rigger.co.uk/

TF_chalkiewhite
    Participant

If you talk to Mark at Penrose – sepreno5000 He will do a conversion kit to make a Penrose platform a 3 wheeler

Great service I had a standard size Penrose Platform after talking with Mark, purchased just the SXL platform ( so that my Rive would fit ) used all the bits from the original platform, and then modified 2 Boss trolley wheels to fit the platform. Its got the turning circle of an old tanker … but much nicer to push with no weight on your arms.

Incidentally Mark dispatcher the trolley within the hour after payment at 3pm one afternoon received the next day, great service

so now we have a new three wheeled trolley into the equatiion w hich also comes out to support my theory of non lifting just a gentle slog rather than a large effort of pushing and lifting a one wheeled platform no brainer really 😀 😀 😀

TF_chalkiewhite
    Participant

I have an electric trolley but still prefer the Penrose trike, as it like pushing a supermarket trolly around ( its bigger than any supermarket trolley ) I just string a bungee across the handles- best pole roller yet. And it carries all my gear easily

I’ve converted my Fox Platform/Barrow into a 3-wheeler [no Del Boy comments please!] which has made carrying/pushing a heavy load so much easier – still a bit wobbly on very uneven ground but could always convert it to a 4-wheeler if I was that concerned.

I have a rive too, d25. The GT kit was great, but if you have a d25 with the non slip protectors on the wheel doesn’t fit unless you take them off…leaving you with a slidy metal footplate which wasn;t for me so it went back.

I have a fox barrow platform which is great for rivers, and works well as a rive platform. Problem with this and all other single wheel barrows is that require alot of strength to balance whem on any uneven ground as they are top heavy. Granted a preston or similar is pretty useless on uneven ground, but as a rive is high think it makes the top heaviness worse.

I also have a space shuttle, two wheeler. Much easier to push, ideal for commercials, can load them up well, and the load is spread length wise rather than upwards so they are an easier push. But on anything but mild uneven ground they are a nightmare.

So horses for courses really, my advice is get a single wheels barrow if you fish rivers and naturals with long uneven walks lots (barrow platford if you need the platform, look at a carp barrow otherwise IMO, otherwise get a space shuttle.

@chalkiewhite wrote:

If you talk to Mark at Penrose – sepreno5000 He will do a conversion kit to make a Penrose platform a 3 wheeler

Great service I had a standard size Penrose Platform after talking with Mark, purchased just the SXL platform ( so that my Rive would fit ) used all the bits from the original platform, and then modified 2 Boss trolley wheels to fit the platform. Its got the turning circle of an old tanker … but much nicer to push with no weight on your arms.

Incidentally Mark dispatcher the trolley within the hour after payment at 3pm one afternoon received the next day, great service

Chalkie is Mark Penrose still in business then?

TF_chalkiewhite
    Participant

Well the guy I spoke to in sheffield ? was Mark Penrose so I presume it the same people. They are very much in business and he is very helpful. Cannot find telephone number but always answers on – sepreno5000 on Ebay

Top quality product

Keith

TF_chalkiewhite
    Participant

Try

PENROSE ANGLING SYSTEMS LTD

UNIT 2A-3A, OLD WHALESWOOD COLLIERY, MANSFIELD ROAD, WALES BAR
    S26 5PQ SHEFFIELD , SOUTH YORKSHIRE

Phone : 01909 774555
    Fax : 01909 774666

Ander son
    Participant

I Like This Post

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.