Bury Hill 24 Hour Carp Competition (13th & 14th August)Saturday 13th August will see a repeat of the successful 24-hour carp competition held at Bury Hill in 2008. Open initially to members and their guests and thereafter to all, the draw will take place at 4pm on the Saturday with the competition running from 6pm Saturday to 6pm Sunday.
With just 20 pairs of tickets up for grabs, the cost to enter will be £120 for each pair (£60 per angler), which includes a prize fund of £30 per angler or £60 per pair. The remaining £60 being split to cover fishing costs, VAT and bailiff’s to run the 24 hour competition.
Assuming all the places are taken up, the prize fund will be as follows, in the event that the number participating is less than 20 pairs, the prize fund will be reduced accordingly:
1st place £600
2nd place £250
3rd place £150
Largest Common £100
Largest Mirror £100
• Fishery rules will apply which are available to view online or a copy can be provided upon request.
• Bait boats will not be allowed.
• Pairs will only be allowed to fish from the swims allocated.
• No braid mainlines.
• No spodding, only loose feed and pva bags will be permitted.
• Maximum 2 rods per angler.
• Bailiff to be notified immediately a carp is caught so that the fish can be weighed and returned. After capture, all fish to be retained in the landing net in the water until the bailiff arrives to weigh the fish.
• Each pair must have a large unhooking mat and landing net.
• No fixed leads.
• No method feeders.
• Should a fish be hooked before the final whistle, the angler will have 15 minutes after the whistle to land the fish, after which time the fish will not count.
Please note that full payment will be required to confirm your booking, payment can be made by credit card or cheque. Places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
To book, please contact Russ on 01306 883621 or email Russ at [email protected] or the fishery at [email protected]