M.A.P

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mapmike 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

TF_billy the squid
    Participant

Is anyone on this site, map sponsored, or works for map or whatever, reason being, i bought a second pole last year as a backup, and for fishing dodgy pegs. The pole is a map matchtek 2. This pole never stops impressing me, yet i can’t find any info on it, like it never exsisted, whats the craic there, and can you get spares for it, or if not do any other models fit, ie topkits, sections??

Pm MapMike on here mate he’s a brand manager for Map.

TF_billy the squid
    Participant

Cheers, and that’s a cool name you got there trav!

Should help you otu Billy,

http://www.fishingspares.co.uk/index.php?cPath=1_49_201_164

I know what you mean about this pole being brilliant, it truly is a fantastic pole with a great finish on it for the money, just like all MAP poles if i’m honest.

TF_2TS
    Participant

is it the map matchtek 11 you are asking about?
    regards 2TS

TF_2TS
    Participant

from memory,they were on the market around 2005/6
    16 meters 4 match top 3, 3 power top 2 and a cupping kit,they sold very quickly then disappeared,
    my mate has one and loves it!they were priced and sold at £799, i did not see any discounting going on with this pole for the short time it was on the market.
    hope this helps
    regards 2TS

TF_billy the squid
    Participant

Yeah it is the matchtek 2,, black butt sections with gold graphics. I tryed one in 2006 at fosters @ 13m, but for some reason got talked into buying something different, which turned out to be the biggest wobbly mess i ever did use. A few years after that i bought a G10 “just superb” but was worried about using it on certain pegs, places, so bought a back up off ebay, this turned out to be the matchtek2 and as i said, every time i use it i cant believe how amazing it is, yet it only lasted a very quiet couple of seasons on the market, so my question is, Why?

We launched the pole just before the carbon price increases started. We had two shipments that sold very quickly, and when we come to re-order the price had gone which would have put about an extra £300 – £350 on the selling price!

TF_billy the squid
    Participant

Cheers for clearing that up mapmike,, are anyother map poles compatable?

The Definition and Adrenalin Pro are compatible. If you need cheaper kits the TKS kits will also fit. We still carry spares for the Matchtek anyway, and will do for some years.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.