Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 10 months ago by geepster.
03/04/2017 at 3:30 pm #298835
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 2/4/17
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Phil Hull (Packington) 51 -12 Peg 5 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pellet Feeder
2. Joe Roberts (Drennan) 50 – 0
3. Trevor Harvey (Tusses Tackle) 47 – 6
4. John Harrison (Packington) 46 – 9
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Daniel Tresigne (Packington) 129 – 3 Peg 58 £100 Bonus
F1s on Pole & Caster
2. Shane Whittaker (Bagem Baits) 123 -13
3. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 101 – 0
4. Lee Richards (Packington) 79 -14
PACKINGTON VETS (GEARYS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dave Wood (Lanes Bait) 86 – 5 Peg 15 LITTLE GEARYS
2. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 65 – 7
3. Trevor Harvey (Tusses Tackle) 64 – 3
4. Brian Overton (Packington) 47 -13
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Daniel Tresigne (Smithys) 57 – 1 Peg 46
F1s & Carp on Waggler & Pellet
2. Ben Lockwood (Packington) 52 – 7
3. Lee Richards (Packington) 38 – 2
4. Daniel Wooding (Solihull Angling) 25 – 4
SUNDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Daniel Tresigne (Smithys) 67 – 3 Peg 31 £100 Bonus
Carp on Method & Meat
2. Dave Elliott (Packington) 34 – 8
3. Paul Alder (Solihull Angling) 31 – 8
4. Trevor Houghton (Solihull Angling) 30 – 2
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS A & B)
1. Trevor Hodges (Packington) 83 – 8 Peg 7 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Shane Whittaker (Bagem baits) 73 – 3
3. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 56 – 8
4. Chris Newton (Smithys) 53 – 9
MOLANDS Fishing best later in the day with the F1s and carp moving into the margins to feed and some big weights can be caught by feeding caster, pellet and maggot in 3ft of water. Waggler and pellet and maggot feeder are still accounting for decent catches as well with the fish tending to back off a little earlier in the day. Match weights to over 100lb with carp to 18lb and F1s to 7lb featuring in nets. Top pegs have been 2, 12, 15, 21 – 25, 42 – 46 and 56 – 60.
GEARYS Still needs to warm up properly for the carp to feed around the pool but some decent nets of fish were caught with pleasure anglers reporting catches of up to 15 carp including quite a few doubles to 18lb. A method or Hybrid feeder with boilies, meat or dead reds has worked best but bomb with big pellets has also caught a few. Decent nets of skimmers are still being caught with pole fished caster or maggot or ground bait best.
LITTLE GEARYS Lots of big F1s feeding all around the pool with fish to 6lb in nets to over 80lb. Down the margins is the best area with corn, pellet or maggot all working well. Shallow tactics also still catching plenty of fish with pellet waggler or long pole with pellet. Best pegs are 3 – 9, 15 – 19, 21 and 26 – 30.
GRATUITIES Carp have been showing on the top and some decent fish have been caught on floaters with bread or dog biscuit accounting for fish to 12lb. Waggler with pellet or corn fished to the island is also catching carp with smaller samples in the 2 – 5lb range coming to this. Caster or maggot working best for mixed nets of crucians and skimmers.
SIBLINGS A (Doughnut) Pole fished pellet or maggot accounting for some good sport with carp, F1s, ide, skimmers and roach feeding well and the best catches are coming down the edges or across to the far shelf. Best pegs are 3, 5, 12 – 16 and 19 – 22.
SIBLINGS B (Horseshoe) Fishing really well with loads of F1s coming to pellet, caster or maggot and now the water is coloured you can catch all day under your rod tip. Skimmers, ide and the odd bigger carp are also being caught.
WILLOW The carp are really starting to wake up with fish to double figures and plenty of smaller samples being caught on corn or meat down the margins or waggler out to the middle island. Shallow pole and pellet is working well for the F1s.
ANNIVERSARIES The warmer weather has seen sport improving with lots of F1s, ide and decent bream and roach being caught from most areas. Simple float tactics with maggot, caster or soft pellet are catching mixed nets to 80lb.
SATURDAY 8th APRIL – OPEN MATCH – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 9th APRIL – OPEN MATCH – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN MATCH
Draw is now 1pm, fish 2pm to 7pm
DAY TICKET OFFER
TO CLAIM A 50% DISCOUNT OFF A DAY TICKET PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] FOR A VOUCHER.
SEASON TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE. £175.00 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £155.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET. PLEASE CONTACT THE LODGE.
FISHERY OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES
FROM WEDNESDAY 1st MARCH THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSE AT DUSK. NORMAL PRICES NOW APPLY WITH DAY TICKETS AT £9.00 AND CONCESSIONS AT £7.00.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.