Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago by geepster.
13/12/2021 at 11:18 am #316310
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
MATCH RESULTS AND FISHING REPORT – WEEK ENDING 12/12/21
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS) 1.Keith Deaner (Smithys) 51 -12 Peg 15 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole and Pellet
2. Graham Neary (Packington) 41 – 7
3. David Neal (Lanes Bait) 30 -11
4. Paul Deeming (Packington) 27 -10
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. John Burchell (Packington) 31 – 5 Peg 15 LITTLE GEARYS
Carp and F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Pete Murray (Packington) 20 -11
3. Steve Brindley (Tackleshack) 12 -14
4. Pete Heaven (Greyhound) 11 -13
PACKINGTON VETS (ANNIVERSARIES/WILLOW/SIBLINGS)
1. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 32 – 5 Peg 12 WILLOW
F1s & Carp on Pole and Maggot
2. Alan Ellison (Attleborough) 25 – 8
3. David Neal (Lanes Bait) 24 -11
4. Graham Swift (Packington) 23 -12
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS 2 DAYER (GEARYS)
1. Jon Arthur (Matrix) 21 – 3 Peg 11
Skimmers & Roach on Pole & Worm
2. Dave Armstrong (Warwick) 16 -14
3. Alan Hancox (Packington) 16 -10
1. Keith Wooding (Solihull Angling) 10 -13 Peg 4
Roach & Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Rob Wootton (Dynamite Baits) 8 – 2
3. Dave Armstrong (Warwick) 8 – 0
1. Jon Arthur (Matrix) 26 -13 2 Points
2. Dave Armstrong (Warwick) 24 -10 4 Points
3. Rob Wootton (Dynamite Baits) 23 – 6 4 Points
4. Keith Wooding (Solihull Angling) 16 -11 5 Points
SATURDAY OPEN (ROVER)
1. Roy Beasley (Packington) 50 -15 Peg 6 ANNIVERSARIES
F1s and Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 37 – 4
3. Paul Truman (Packington) 37 – 0
4. Noel Wright (Packington) 10 -11
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Gary Lakin (Packington) 33 -12 Peg 10
F1s on Pole and Maggot
2. Phil Canning (NuFish) 31 -11
3. Steve Altimas (Packington) 31 -10
SOLIHULL SILVERS LEAGUE (MOLANDS)
1. Jon Newton (Smithys) 14 -14 Peg 39
Roach & Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Mark Downes (Sensas) 14 – 0
3. Mick Wheatley (Drennan) 13 – 8
4. Ian Crossman (Browning Central) 12 -14
FINAL LEAGUE POSITIONS
1. Dave Smith (Solihull Angling) 44 – 2 4 Points
2. Ian Crossman (Browning Central) 40 -12 4 Points
3. Kev Hayes (Packington) 38 – 9 5 Points
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 38 – 0 5 Points
MOLANDS A very changeable week in which the pools were frozen over on a couple of mornings followed by some milder weather at the weekend saw the fishing very up and down. The most consistent fishing on Molands was the silver fish which saw roach, skimmers and perch in nets to 15lb. The F1s and carp were harder to catch but nets to 30lb were caught on bread or maggot feeder and there was a carp of 18lb caught during a match on Sunday. The best area was around the 40s from 42 to 48.
GEARYS Carp anglers have found a few fish by fishing PVA bags and popped boilies and carp nets to 30lb were caught. The carp are coming to bomb and punched bread or a single wafter. The silver fish are coming to maggot or pinkies fished over ground bait and the high bank from
1 – 15 has been the most consistent area.
LITTLE GEARYS Like most of the pools a covering of ice on a couple of days has made it quite difficult although Little Gearys has probably been the pick of the pools this week with match weights to 50lb. Pole fished maggot or expander pellet and maggot feeder has been the best approach.
ANNIVERSARIES There have been plenty of F1s in the big open area to the middle of the pool and a bomb with 6mm pellet, waggler or a maggot feeder has seen catches to 50lb from that area. On the other pegs maggot on the pole has caught F1s and silver fish.
GRATUITIES The silver fish fishing has been good with nets of quality roach and skimmers to 20lb being caught on caster or maggot. The odd carp are coming to punched bread or waggler.
WILLOW Consistent this week with nets to around 40lb best made up of F1s and carp. Bomb with bread fished to the island or maggot/expander pellet on the pole has been the successful way.
SIBLINGS A Still very difficult in the clear water and nets to around 20lb have been best this week. Dobbing bread around your peg for carp has been the most affective tactic but maggot or soft pellet fishing down the middle has also produced a few F1s.
SIBLINGS B The end of the pool from 5 round to 11 has been the best area with F1s to 3lb showing along with the odd carp. Dobbing bread or a pellet around the peg or fishing maggots down the middle has been the best approach.
FISHERY OPENS AT 7.30am until 5pm from November 1st until February 28th.
DAY TICKET £8.00 and £7.00 CONCESSIONARY.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN ROVER MATCH
Draw 9.30am, fish 10.45am until 3.30pm.
SATURDAY 18th DECEMBER – OPEN – ROVER
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 19th DECEMBER – WINTER LEAGUE
FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN WHEN ENTERING THE LODGE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.