Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by geepster.
14/12/2020 at 2:21 pm #315717
MOLANDSPACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 13/12/20
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS)
l. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 51 – 3 Peg 29 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Gary Lakin (Packington) 44 – 7
3. Pete Barley (White Hart) 37 – 8
4. Dave Neal (Lanes Bait) 34 – 6
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER
1. Phil Canning (NuFish) 61 -10 Peg 17 ANNIVERSARIES
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 47 – 0
3. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 44 -13
4. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 44 -11
PACKINGTON VETS (SIBLINGS/ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 57 – 7 Peg 5 SIBLINGS A
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Steve Stokes (Packington) 46 -12
3. Pete Ball (Attleborough) 32 – 4
4. Billy Hawkes (Lucas) 29 – 8
SATURDAY OPEN – ROVER
1. Roy Beasley (Packington) 104 -14 Peg 27 GEARYS
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 74 – 0
3. Neville Groves (Fosters) 45 -12
4. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 41 -10
BOTTTY’S WINTER LEAGUE (SIBLINGS)
1. Craig Bott 45 – 3 Peg 17 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Rob Hodgson 28 -11
3. Brendan McCarthey 26 -13
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS LEAGUE
1. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 8 -11 Peg 45
Roach & Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Dave Armstrong (Warwick) 8 – 5
3. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 8 – 1
4. Sean Ashley (Sensas) 7 -14
FINAL LEAGUE STANDINGS
1. Bob Coles 5 Points 26 – 4
2. Kev Hayes 5 Points 25 -15
3. Mark Downes 5 Points 24 – 7
4. Dave Armstrong 6 Points 24 -10
5. Dan Tresigne 7 Points 31 – 0
1. Tony Taylor (Moseley AC) 34 -12
2. John Khan (Packington) 33 – 6
3. John Adamson (Packington) 24 – 9
4. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 22 – 2
MOLANDS The recently stocked F1s and skimmers have featured well in catches this week with maggot or pellet fished on the pole or a maggot/cage feeder fished down the middle of the pool. The bigger carp are coming to the method feeder, bomb and bread or waggler and big pellet, all fished tight across to the island and fish to 18lb have been caught this week. Best pegs are 2 – 12, 15, 21 – 29, 42 – 48 and 50 – 60.
GEARYS The milder weather has seen the carp back on the feed and they have been up in the shallow water from pegs 19 – 31. Bomb with pellet/boilies or bread have accounted for fish to 16lb in nets to over 100lb. There have been decent nets of silvers coming to pole fished caster or maggot over ground bait with the high bank seeing skimmers to 4lb caught.
LITTLE GEARYS Nets to over 70lb caught this week with decent consistent sport to be had from most pegs. Long pole with maggot or pellet is the top tactic catching mainly F1s but the odd carp and skimmers falling to this too. Bomb or wafter with bread fished to the island is also worth a try.
GRATUITIES The quietest pool at the moment but those that are giving it a go are catching plenty of silvers on maggot fished over micros or ground bait. The carp are showing better on pegs 6 – 9 with fish to double figures coming to punched bread on the bomb or waggler.
ANNIVERSARIES Slower this week but nets to 60lb were caught and the open water on pegs 6 and 16 – 23 have been the best areas. F1s to 3lb were making up the better catches with the odd carp to 8lb. Pole fished maggot/pellet or a maggot feeder has been the best approach.
SIBLINGS A The new fish are giving lots of bites on some pegs with nets to over 60lb caught. Pole fished pellet or maggot fished down the middle is best if you are on the stockies. Dobbing bread or pellets across to the island is catching the better samples of fish with carp to 10lb and F1s to 4lb coming to this.
SIBLINGS B The pegs 9 – 17 have been the best this week with nets of F1s to 50lb being caught. Poel fished pellet or maggot is working best but a small feeder to the far bank is also giving decent sport.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – ROVER
DRAW 9am. Fish 10.30am – 3.30pm
SATURDAY 19th DECEMBER – OPEN – ROVER
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am – 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 20th DECEMBER – WINTER LEAGUE
FROM NOVEMBER 2nd, THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7.30am AND CLOSES AT 4.30pm.
DAY TICKETS £7.00 AND CONCESSION £6.00.
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURES AND FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN IN THE LODGE.
WE WOULD LIKE TO WISH EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HOPE FOR
A GREAT 2021.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.