Tagged: packington somers
24/02/2020 at 2:45 pm #315002
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 23/2/2020
STARLETS VETS CADENCE FISHING UK WINTER LEAGUE
1. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 55 -12 Peg 19 SIBLINGS A
Carp & F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Dave Hipkiss (Ridgemere AC) 38 – 2
3. Dave Longford (Ridgemere AC) 31 – 7
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER
1. Mark Sumners (Ridgemere AC) 65 – 8 Peg 29 MOLANDS
Carp on Waggler & Pellet
2. Roy Beasley (Packington) 53 -13
3. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 48 – 5
4. Dan Lewis (Packington) 47 -11
PACKINGTON VETS (GEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dave Atkins (Packington) 55 – 2 Peg 9 LITTLE GEARYS
Carp on Bomb & Bread
2. Roy Beasley (Packington) 29 – 8
3. Ray Durant (Ridgemere AC) 21 – 7
4. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 18 – 1
1. Shane Whittaker 57 – 8 Peg 2 SIBLINGS A
F1s & Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Dave Alsop 48 -11
3. Spike 34 – 7
SATURDAY OPEN – ROVER
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 113 -13 Peg 29 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Jon Newton (Smithys) 112 -14
3. Neville Groves (Fosters) 104 -10
4. Keith Vaughan (Solihull Angling) 49 -12
DO-OVER AC (SIBLINGS B)
1. L Bott 28 -10
2. Rob Hodgson 18 – 0
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS LEAGUE
1. Pete Brown (Maypole AC) 16 – 8 Peg 32
Skimmers on Feeder & Maggot
2. Rob Mallabone (Packington) 13 – 0
3. Dave Elliott (Packington) 10 – 8
4. Trevor Hougham (Solihull Angling) 10 – 3
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 63 – 0 Peg 7
F1s & Carp on Bomb & Bread
2. Aaron Street (Packington) 45 – 1
3. Dave Reynolds (Packington) 43 -13
4. Ray Durant (Ridgemere AC) 42 – 0
MOLANDS The very up and down weather saw sport very patchy this week with nets to around 60lb best. Waggler with pellet, bomb and bread/pellet and pole fished maggot all caught fish. The most consistent area has been from 43 – 46 and 56 – 60 with F1s and carp showing on these pegs.
GEARYS Fished tough this week with only the odd carp responding to the method feeder or bomb with bread/pellet. Mixed nets of smaller carp and skimmers are coming to the pole fished pellet or maggot and an open ended feeder with maggot.
LITTLE GEARYS Fished really well over the weekend with nets to over 100lb caught on Saturdays Open and short pole with pellet or maggot worked best. The two straight banks from pegs 5 – 15 and 20 – 25 have been the most consistent this week.
ANNIVERSARIES F1s are being caught from most pegs with the odd carp to double figures also showing. Maggot or pellet feeder fished in the open water has been the best tactic with pole fished maggot or expander pellet.
GRATUITIES Carp to double figures have featured this week in catches to 50lb with bomb or waggler with punched bread the best tactic. There have been plenty of silver fish coming to pole with caster or maggot at 13 metres.
SIBLINGS A The better of the Siblings pools with carp to double figures and F1s, ide and skimmers featuring in nets 60lb this week. Dobbing bread or corn along the far bank and pellet fished down the middle have been the best tactics with pegs 2, 5, and 15 – 19 the most consistent.
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
SIBLINGS B F1s nets to around 40lb best this week with long pole and bread/pellet fished across to the far side the best tactic and on the wider pegs at the end of the pool, a small method/pellet feeder is also has been worth a try.
WILLOW Pegs 1, 5, 7 – 10 and 12 have all been producing decent nets of F1s and carp this week. Pole fished pellet at 14 – 16 metres has been the best tactic but waggler with punched bread or a small pellet feeder also working.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER MATCH ON ALL POOLS.
Draw 9.30am, fish 11am to 4pm.
SATURDAY 29th FEBRUARY – OPEN – ROVER ON ALL POOLS.
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 1st MARCH – OPEN – WINTER LEAGUE
OPENING AND CLOSING
FROM MONDAY 28th OCTOBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND
CLOSE AT 5pm. WINTER PRICES ARE £6.00 FULL AND £5.00 CONCESSIONARY.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.