Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by geepster.
07/02/2017 at 2:15 pm #296240
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 5/2/17
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 51 – 8 Peg 56 MOLANDS
F1’s Maggot Feeder
2. Ray Durant (Tornadoes) 47 – 6
3. Billy Hawkes (Packington) 46 – 0
4. Allan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 33 -11
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Keith Deaner (Smithys AC) 54 – 8 Peg 55
F1’s & Carp on Pole & Maggot
2. Jon Newton (Smithys AC) 45 – 8
3. Nick Jukes (Smithys AC) 36 – 0
4. Des Jarvis (Solihull Angling) 31 -12
1. Bob Calcott (Packington) 46 – 8 Peg 7 LITTLE GEARYS
F1’s on Maggot Feeder
2. Mick Cotton (Packington) 45 – 2
2. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 45 – 2
4. Pat Clark (Lime Tree) 43 – 0
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Shane Whittaker (Bagem Baits) 65 – 8 Peg 29
Carp & F1’s on Maggot Feeder
2. Duncan Clarke (Solihull Angling) 61 -12
3. Steve Hemingray (Drennan) 49 -10
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 40 -10
FRENZEE WINTER LEAGUE – Round 8
1. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 77 -15 Peg 10 SIBLINGS B
F1’s & Roach on Pole & Maggot
2. Dave Elliott (Packington) 72 – 8
3. Chris Toal (Solihull Angling) 69 -13
4. Nick Jukes (Smithys AC) 65 – 2
5. Tony Taylor (Solihull Angling) 60 – 6
6. Danny Tresigne (Packington) 50 – 9
FRENZEE WINTER LEAGUE STANDINGS
1. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 18 Points
2. Dave Elliuott (Packington) 20 Points
3. Chris Toal (Solihull Angling) 25 Points
4. Jon Newton (Smithys AC) 32 Points
MOLANDS A good week on Molands with the milder weather bringing the fish onto the feed better. F1’s to 6½lb, carp to double figures and some cracking roach with the biggest weighed in at 2 – 3lb have all featured in nets this week. Match weights to nearly 70lb with good back up weights have been caught. Maggot feeder fished across to the island, long pole with maggot or soft pellet and waggler with pellet have all been catching. Top pegs have been 2, 13, 21 – 29,
42 – 46 and 56 – 60.
GEARYS Still tough on Gearys but the milder weather saw a few more carp caught in the week with plenty of anglers catching a few fish with bomb and boilies or big pellet accounting for fish to double figures. Skimmers, roach, brown goldfish and a few F1’s are being caught on the pole with maggot, soft pellet or caster.
LITTLE GEARYS Fished the best for a while with decent catches coming from all around the pool. Match weights to over 70lb with carp and F1’s providing the main action. Maggot feeder, long pole and pellet/maggot or bread dobbed down the margins have been the most effective
tactics at the moment.
GRATUITIES Anglers have enjoyed decent silver fish with decent sized bream, skimmers, roach, perch and crucians coming to maggot or expander pellet fished on the pole. A waggler or small pellet feeder fished to the island with pellet or punched bread on the hook has caught carp to 8lb.
SIBLINGS A Pegs 5, 7, 13 – 16 and 19 have been the top pegs with lots of F1’s, ide, roach and the bigger sized carp have been caught. Pole and pellet best for F1’s and carp with maggot going well for ide and silvers.
SIBLINGS B In great form with anglers getting lots of bits from F1’s and roach and the odd bigger carp or tench. Pole fished maggot has been the top tactic.
ANNIVERSARIES Like all the pools the fishing has improved and although it is still patchy there have been some quality fish caught on Anniversaries this week. Bream to 5lb, F1’s to 3lb, roach to over 1lb and the odd tench and carp have been caught. Pole with maggot or caster has been the top tactic but on pegs where you can fish longer, a small ground bait feeder with maggot has been working.
SATURDAY 11th FEBRUARY – OPEN MATCH – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN MATCH
SEASON TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE. £175.00 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £155.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET. PLEASE CONTACT THE LODGE.
FISHERY OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES
FROM MONDAY 31st OCTOBER, THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE
AT 5pm. PRICES ARE: £6.00 FOR THE DAY AND £4.50 FOR AN OAP/JUNIOR TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.