Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 11 months ago by geepster.
26/02/2019 at 9:30 am #308428
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 17/2/19
STARLETS VETS CADENCE FISHING UK – WINTER LEAGUE
1. Dave Smith (NEC) 35 -13 Peg 19 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pellet Feeder
2. Dave Elliott (Packington) 35 -11
3. Ray Durant (Ridgemere) 29 – 1
4. Burt McGann (Packington) 26 – 8
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Dan Lewis (Packington) 61 -10 Peg 46 MOLANDS
Carp and F1s on Method Feeder
2. John Burchell (Packington) 55 -12
3. Mark Sumners (Beaufort AC) 54 – 0
4. Dave Smith (NEC) 52 -12
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS/SIBLINGS B)
1. Steve Allen (Tornadoes) 46 – 9 Peg 27 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on Pellet Feeder
2. Bob Calcott (Packington) 41 -11
3. Dave Neal (Lanes Bait) 32 – 4
4. Derek Davis (Packington) 31 – 4
RIDGEMERE BLACKS (SIBLINGS A & B)
1. Darren Davies 19 – 7 Peg 17 SIBLINGS A
F1s & Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Brian Overton 17 – 0
3. Darren 13 -12
SATURDAY OPEN (ROVER MATCH)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 68 -12 Peg 31 GEARYS
Carp on Pellet Feeder
2. Dave Elliott (Packington) 64 -11
3. Shaun Little (Matrix) 62 – 9
3. Neville Groves (Fosters) 56 – 8
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. David Haynes (DH Publicity) 76 -10 Peg 60
Carp and F1s on Hybrid & Wafter
2. Andy Findlay (Preston Innovations) 73 – 9
3. Max Higgott (Team Makins) 71 -10
4. John Adamson (Packington) 61 -12
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVER LEAGUE
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 22 -11 Peg 11
Skimmers & Roach on Pole & Maggot
2. David Smith (Cadence) 14 -11
3. Keith Webb (Maypole AC) 14 – 5
4. Luke Froggatt (Packington) 12 -12
MOLANDS As the weather got milder through the week the fishing got better and better with nets to over 75lb caught at the weekend with good back up weights too. Carp and F1s provided the main action with pellet feeder, Hybrid feeder and pole with pellet or maggot all accounting for decent nets. The hotspot has been around Scarecrow Point with pegs 41 – 52 on top form.
GEARYS The carp found the milder weather to their liking and nets to around 70lb were caught at the weekend with fish to 15lb being caught. Pellet or method feeder with wafter or red maggots has been the top tactic and pole fished pellet has also been fishing well, particularly along the high bank.
LITTLE GEARYS Pegs 13 round to 25 have been the best with nets of F1s to around the 60lb mark being caught. Long pole with pellet or maggot has been the most consistent tactic but fishing a feeder to the island has also been very affective. Later in the day, pole fished corn or maggot down the margins is also worth a go.
GRATUITIES Carp to double figures are featuring in nets to round 40lb with ‘dobbing’ bread on the pole or bomb and bread the best tactics in the clear water.
ANNIVERSARIES In decent form with carp to 15lb and F1s to around 5lb featuring in catches to over 50lb. Pole fished pellet, corn or maggot is the best approach for F1s and a small method feeder tight across to the island or far bank is the best for carp.
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
SIBLINGS A Like all of the pools, Siblings A has improved over the past week and nets of F1s, carp, skimmers and ide are being caught with bags to 60lb. Pole is usually the best approach with pellet, maggot and bread all catching. A small feeder to the island is also worth a try.
SIBLINGS B Pegs 5 – 10 at the end of the pool have been the most consistent with F1s to 3lb providing the main action with the odd bonus carp to about 10lb. Pole fished pellet is working best right across to the far side but they are starting to come in close later in the day.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – OPEN – ROVER ON ALL POOLS
DRAW 9.30am, FISH 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SATURDAY 23rd FEBRUARY – OPEN – ROVER MATCH
Draw 9am, fish 10.30 to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 24th FEBRUARY – WINTER LEAGUE
OPENING AND CLOSING
FROM 29th OCTOBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE AT 5pm.
WINTER PRICES – £6.00 DAY AND £5.00 CONCESSION
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
MATCH BOOKINGS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN FOR 2019.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.