PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 3/2/19
STARLETS VETS CADENCE FISHING UK – WINTER LEAGUE
1. Ray Quiney (Packington) 45 – 4 Peg 5 WILLOW
Carp on Bomb & Bread
2. Pete Jones (Covpac) 15 – 4
3. Allan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 14 – 5
4. Dave Elliott (Packington) 12 -14
PACKINGTON VETS (WILLOW)
1. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 20 – 8 Peg 3
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Allan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 13 – 0
3. Burt McGann (Packington) 6 -12
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 6 -10
SATURDAY OPEN (ROVER MATCH)
1. Steve Bellion (Mosella) 70 – 1 Peg 10 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Shaun Little (Matrix) 51 -14
3. Dave Elliott (Packington) 26 – 8
3. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 23 – 4
SUNDAY ROVER (ROVER MATCH)
1. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 15 -14 Peg 3 WILLOW
Pole & Maggot
2. Daniel Tresigne (Smithys) 12 – 6
3. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 7 – 8
4. Stephen Allen (Tornadoes) 6 -10
By Wednesday all of the pools were frozen over and all matches up to the weekend saw anglers breaking ice to fish. There were plenty of fish caught with Siblings B providing the best weight at the weekend with 70lb of F1s coming to pole fished pellet at 13 meters. Willow has been the most consistent pool during the freeze up with F1s and skimmers showing on most pegs with the odd bigger carp as bonus fish and pole fished punched bread or pellet has been the best approach. A few F1s were showing on Little Gearys but the ice was nearly 2” thick by Sunday and this obviously slowed sport down considerably. The forecast for the coming week is to be mild so we should see all of the pools clear if ice by around Tuesday.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – OPEN – ROVER ON ALL POOLS
DRAW 9.30am, FISH 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SATURDAY 9th FEBRUARY – OPEN – ROVER ON ALL POOLS EXCEPT SIBLINGS B
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 10th FEBRUARY – WINTER LEAGUE
Stand-in places will be available
OPENING AND CLOSING
FROM 29th OCTOBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE AT 5pm.
WINTER PRICES – £6.00 DAY AND £5.00 CONCESSION
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
MATCH BOOKINGS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN FOR 2019.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).