Tagged: packington somers
22/01/2018 at 5:37 pm #305420
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 21/1/18
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Joe Roberts (Drennan) 41 – 7 Peg 45 MOLANDS
F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Mick Gibbs (Chiltern Baits) 40 -10
3. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 40 – 8
4. Trevor Harvery (Packington) 40 – 6
SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. John Burchell (Packington) 48 – 4 Peg 44
F1s & Tench on Maggot Feeder
2. Dan Tresigne (Smithys AC) 33 – 5
3. Luke Simcox (Smithys AC) 21 – 6
4. Pete Brown (Maypole AC) 9 – 0
1. Ray Durant (Ridgemere) 28 – 7 Peg 18 GEARYS
Carp on Bomb & Bread
2. Roger Atkins (Solihull Angling) 19 – 2
3. Andy Saunders (Packington) 18 -11
4. Mick Gibbs (Chiltern Baits) 16 -12
SATURDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 4 -15 Peg 9
One Carp on Maggot Feeder
2. Roy Beesley (Packington) 1 -15
CADENCE FISHING UK WINTER LEAGUE
1. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 40 – 5 Peg 36 GEARYS
Carp on Bomb & Bread
2. Carl Lee-Hopps (Smithys) 35 -12
3. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 31 – 8
4. Ian Mayo (Solihull Angling) 31 – 6
5. Shane Whittaker (Middy/Bagem) 26 – 8
6. Tony Taylor (Solihull Angling) 24 – 7
1. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 13 Points 215 -13
2. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 17 Points 245 -10
3. Chris Newton (Smithsy) 18 Points 147 -13
4. Ian Crossman (Browning Central) 20 Points 143 – 1
5. Paul Fox (Fosters) 24 Points 135 -14
6. Phil Hull (Tusses Tackle) 25 Points 113 -3
MOLANDS A very cold week saw sport go up and down with the pool freezing up at the weekend. Despite this, catches to nearly 50lb were caught with F1s and carp making up the better catches and maggot feeder was the top tactic followed by long pole and maggot or pinkies.
GEARYS Bomb and bread accounted for the better catches and there were quite a few carp coming to this tactic over the weekend with fish to 18lb. The far side from 15 – 20 and 30 – 36 have been the best areas for carp. The high bank has seen skimmer nets to around 20lb on pole fished maggot or a small ground bait feeder.
LITTLE GEARYS Very up and down with the pool half frozen by Saturday. Better catches were caught earlier in the week with nets to around 30 – 40lb being caught, particularly from the far bank on pegs 7 – 11 and 25 – 29 on the near side. Maggot feeder is the best tactic fishing three quarters way across.
GRATUITIES Pole fished corn is the best tactic for carp with fish to 10lb being caught on maggots or pinkies fished on the pole giving good silver sport with the odd crucian and tench fishing in nets.
SIBLINGS B Pegs 5 and 10 have been the outstanding pegs with lots of small carp and F1s showing to pole fished maggot or soft pellet.
ANNIVERSARIES Small carp and F1s are showing on most pegs with maggot feeder or long pole and maggot/pellet the best tactic.
WILLOW Fished quite hard this week but the F1s were coming to waggler or maggot fished out to the island or down the middle on maggot or expander pellet.
SATURDAY 27th JANUARY – OPEN MATCH – MOLANDS
SUNDAY 28th JANUARY – LITTLE GEARYS
SUNDAY 28th JANUARY – SILVERS OPEN – GEARYS
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN
MOLANDS OR LITTLE GEARYS
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FROM THE LODGE.
FULL TICKETS ARE £180.00 AND CONCESSIONARY TICKETS ARE £160.00.
DAY TICKET OFFER
TO CLAIM A 50% DISCOUNT OFF A DAY TICKET PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] FOR A VOUCHER.
WINTER OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES
FROM WEDNESDAY 1st NOVEMBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE AT DUSK. THE PRICE WILL £6.00 FOR A DAY TICKET AND £4.50 FOR A CONCESSION TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.