Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by geepster.
02/01/2018 at 5:53 pm #305247
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 31/12/17
SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Darren Coates (Smithys) 27 – 4 Peg 45
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 23 – 5
3. Steve Edwards (Packington) 14 – 8
4. James Morris (Solihull Angling) 12 -12
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 16 -10 Peg 27
F1s on Pole & Pinkies
2. Mick Gibbs (Chiltern Baits) 11 -14
3. Mick Martin (Attleborough) 8 -12
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 59 – 8 Peg 44
Carp & F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 37 -12
3. Dan Wooding (Solihull Angling) 28 – 3
4. Andy Wooding (Solihull Angling) 27 -12
PACKINGTON CHRISTMAS MATCH
1. Duncan Clarke (Solihull Angling) 61 – 0 Peg 7 WILLOW
Carp & F1s on Pole & Pinkies
2. James Evans (Mosella ABC) 55 -10
3. Lee Rangner (Attleborough) 53 -14
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 50 -14
5. Steve Daley (Ridgemere AC) 42 -11
6. Allan Ellison (Attleborough) 41 – 7
MOLANDS The fishing was better at the weekend with F1s being caught all around the pool along with some decent carp. The best methods at the moment are bomb and bread for carp fished up to the island and maggot feeder down to the middle or up to the island for F1s to 5lb.
GEARYS A little up and down for carp with fish to double figures showing to bomb and bread or wafters. The skimmer fishing has been a little more consistent with nets to 20lb coming from the high bank with pole fished maggot or pinkies best.
LITTLE GEARYS Like all the pools, the fishing has been better during the milder spell and last weekend some good consistent sport was being had from all around the pool. Maggot feeder or long pole with maggot and pinkies has been the best tactic for small carp and F1s.
GRATUITIES Definitely picking up with lots of smaller carp showing along with the odd bonus fish to around 10lb. Lots of silvers on some pegs with crucians, skimmers, perch and rudd being caught on waggler and maggot or pole and caster/maggot.
WILLOW Fishing ok with carp, F1s and skimmers showing on most pegs but peg 7 is definitely the inform peg where they are catching really well down the margins into the corner on pellet or maggot.
SIBLINGS A Pegs 13 – 19 have been the best with mixed catches of F1s, ide, skimmers and roach coming to pole fishing maggot or pinkies. Dobbing bread along the far bank has caught the odd carp to 8lb.
SIBLINGS B Sibling ‘B’ has been quite hard but pole fished pellet or bread fished across to the far side has caught carp and F1s to 3lb with pegs 5 – 11 the most consistent.
CRESCENT/ALDER/FIRST BAY/REEDY BAY All these small pools have been producing plenty of bites with carp, F1s, brown Goldfish, roach and perch coming out to maggot, pinkies or pellets. Dobbing bread is also a good tactic where you can reach the far side with the pole.
SATURDAY 6th JANUARY – OPEN MATCH – MOLANDS
SUNDAY 7th JANUARY – WINTER LEAGUE
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN
DAY TICKET OFFER
TO CLAIM A 50% DISCOUNT OFF A DAY TICKET PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] FOR A VOUCHER.
WINTER OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES
FROM WEDNESDAY 1st NOVEMBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE AT DUSK. THE PRICE WILL £6.00 FOR A DAY TICKET AND £4.50 FOR A CONCESSION TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.