Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by geepster.
10/01/2022 at 12:25 pm #316364
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
MATCH RESULTS AND FISHING REPORT – WEEK ENDING 9/1/22
BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY OPEN – ROVER 1. Martin Wood (Packington) 74 – 9 Peg 6 ANNIES
F1s & Carp on Bomb and Pellet
2. Nick Jukes (Packington) 64 -5
3. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 49 – 10
4. Dave Elliot (Packington) 47 -11
SOLIHLL ANGLING CENTRE CHRISTMAS MATCH – ALL POOLS
1. Pete Murray (Packington) 38 – 8 Peg 4 CRESCENT
Carp on Pole & Bread
2. Janes Morris (Solihull Angling) 33 -10
3. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 30 – 5
4. Lee Cosgrove (Packington) 24 -12
5. Dean Harris (SAC) 21 – 13
6. Steve Atkins(Packington) 18 – 10
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Dave Elliot (Packington) 62 – 11 Peg 29 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Bomb & Bread
2. Jon Arthur (Matrix) 56 -12
3. Nick Jukes ( Smithys) 36 – 8
4. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 35 -14
STARLET VETS (LITTLE GEARYS/MOLANDS)
1. Tony Rowe (Packington) 61 – 8 Peg 1 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Maggot Feeder 2. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 37 -13
3. Terry Gibbons (Packington) 31 – 7
4 .Phillip Hull (Lanes Bait) 25 – 8
1. Jim Hinckley (Packington) 30 -11 Peg 10 WILLOW
Carp & F1s on Pole & Bread
2. Graham Swift (Packington) 26 -12
3. David Smith (Packington) 22 -13
4. Keith Winn(Lanes Bait) 22 – 12
SATURDAY OPEN – ROVER
1. Steve Brindley (Tackleshack) 38 – 7 Peg 12 WILLOW
F1s & Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Jack Shirley (Packington) 29 – 8
3. Paul Ashfield (Packington) 7 -13
MOLANDS Fishing well at the start of the week but the colder weather from midweek saw catches plummet. F1s and carp were coming to bomb with bread or pellet and long pole with banded pellet or maggots but as the weather got colder maggot became the best chance for bites. Best areas were 1 – 4, 23 – 27, 41 – 46 and 54 – 60.
GEARYS The carp completely switched off from midweek with only silver fish giving the chance of a few bites and even they had slowed down from the week before. Pole with maggot or worm or a small groundbait feeder caught skimmers to 2lb in nets to 15lb with the high bank the best area.
LITTLE GEARYS Like all of the pools sport has really slowed over the last few days with top catches dropping from 60lb to around 30lb. Maggot feeder or long pole with maggot or expander pellet has been the best tactic Pegs 7 – 17 and 25 – 30 have been the most consistent pegs.
ANNIVERSARIES The open area in the middle of the pool is still the best at the moment, with pegs 6 and 16 – 23 the top pegs. Bomb with pellet, waggler and pellet, maggot feeder and pole with maggots or pellet have been working with nets to around 30lb best.
GRATUITIES Good mixed nets of small carp ,f1s and silvers were coming to expander pellet or maggots fished over micros down the middle of the pool on the pole. Waggler with corn or punched bread also working tight up to the island for the odd bonus bigger carp.
WILLOW Probably the most consistent pool at the moment with nets this week to around 40lb and most pegs are providing some sport. F1s and silver fish including some nice chub and ide were coming to maggots or pellet on the pole or waggler.
SIBLINGS A Still very clear making the fishing very difficult and nets to 30lb were best this week. Dobbing bread around the peg is best for carp and fish to 25lb came to this tactic. Feeding maggots down the middle is best for F1s but they come later so you need patience.
SIBLINGS B Like Siblings A, Siblings B is very clear but the wider pegs are producing nets to 40lb mainly F1s but the odd carp to double figures are also showing. Dobbing bread or long pole with pellet or maggots has been the best approach.
CRESCENT This smaller pool has been in cracking form recently with plenty of carp from
2 – 10lb showing along with some superb sport from silvers. Bread or pellet for the bigger fish and nets of silvers were coming to maggots or pinkies.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN ROVER MATCH
Draw 9.30am, fish 10.45am until 3.30pm.
SATURDAY 15th JANUARY – OPEN – ROVER
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 16th JANUARY – WINTER LEAGUE
FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN WHEN ENTERING THE LODGE.
FISHERY OPENS AT 7.30am until 5pm from November 1st until February 28th.
DAY TICKETS £8.00/CONCESSIONARY TICKETS £7.00.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.