Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by geepster.
28/01/2019 at 1:14 pm #308317
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 27/1/19
STARLETS VETS CADENCE FISHING UK – WINTER LEAGUE
1. Dave Elliott (Packington) 37 – 2 Peg 27 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on Bomb & Bread
2. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 31 -12
3. Ray Quiney (Packington) 27 – 6
4. Dave Smith (Packington) 22 -13
PACKINGTON VETS (WILLOW/MOLANDS)
1. Steve Stokes (Packington) 27 – 2 Peg 8 WILLOW
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 26 – 8
3. Dave Wood (Lanes Bait) 13 – 0
4. Bob Gould (Packington) 12 -14
SATURDAY OPEN (ROVER MATCH)
1. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 48 -14 Peg 11 GEARYS
Carp on Method Feeder
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 40 – 4
3. Shaun Little (Matrix) 37 – 1
3. Dave Elliott (Packington) 29 – 3
RIDGEMERE AC (GEARYS)
1. Baz Byrd 68 – 3 Peg 5
Carp on Pole & Bread
2. Steve Daley 62 – 4
3. Terry Nicholls 43 – 6
4. Alan Tierny 30 – 5
FRENZEE/SPOTTED FIN WINTER LEAGUE – ROUND 8
1. Duncan Clarke (Solihull Angling) 60 – 0 Peg 10 SIBLINGS
F1s on Pole and Pellet
2. John Adamson (Packington) 53 – 1
3. Neville Groves (Fosters) 46 – 0
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 43 – 3
5. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 43 – 0
6. Newt (Smithys) 42 -14
FRENZEE/SPOTTED FIN WINTER LEAGUE – LEAGUE STANDINGS
1. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 16 Points 385 -10
2. John Burchell (Packington) 22 Points 246 -13
3. John Adamson (Packington) 27 Points 246 -14
4. Jon Newton (Smithys) 28 Points 221 -14
5. Dan Lewis (Packington) 31 Points 255 -10
MOLANDS The very cold weather last week saw Molands covered in ice for a couple of days but fish were caught before and after the thaw with carp and F1s showing in most areas. Bomb and bread, pellet feeder and long pole with maggot or pellet have been the best tactics with nets to around 40lb best this week.
GEARYS Despite the cold temperatures Gearys has still been producing nets of carp and skimmers. The carp have been coming to method feeder with ground bait/micro pellet and wafters on the hook, bomb with boilies or bread and pellet. The skimmers are coming to maggot or caster on the pole over ground bait.
LITTLE GEARYS After the ice melted Little Gearys was in decent form with nets to 60lb made up of carp and F1s. The carp are coming to dobbing bread on the pole and fish to 12lb were caught on this tactic. F1s are being caught on maggot feeder or pole fished maggot or pellet.
GRATUITIES The end pegs 1, 8, 9, 15 and 16 have all produced carp this week with corn over micros catching fish to 8lb. Plenty of skimmers are being caught on expander pellet, maggot or caster fished down the middle of the pool.
SIBLINGS A Pegs 2 – 5 and 17 – 21 have been the best pegs with carp, F1s and skimmers being caught with catches to over 40lb. Dobbing bread along the island and pellet/maggot fished down the middle have been the most productive tactics.
SIBLINGS B Siblings B picked up after being frozen through the middle of the week. Lots of F1s showing at 10 – 14 metres with pellet or maggot accounting for catches to 60lb.
WILLOW Carp and F1s to 4lb have been showing on most pegs with a small feeder fished to the island on long pole and pellet working best.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – OPEN – ROVER ON ALL POOLS
DRAW 9.30am, FISH 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SATURDAY 2nd FEBRUARY – OPEN – ROVER ON ALL POOLS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 3rd FEBRUARY – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
OPENING AND CLOSING
FROM 29th OCTOBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE AT 5pm.
WINTER PRICES – £6.00 DAY AND £5.00 CONCESSION
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
MATCH BOOKINGS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN FOR 2019.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.