Tagged: packington somers
11/07/2018 at 8:15 am #307312
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 8/7/18
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS & SIBLINGS)
1. Dave Smith (NEC) 86 -14 Peg 31 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on Pellet Feeder
2. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 75 – 8
3. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 72 -10
4. Burt McGann (Packington) 64 – 6
MAYPOLE AC (GEARYS)
1. Derek Hartshorn 147 – 6 Peg 7
Carp on Plopper & Pellet
2. Keith Webb 94 – 0
3. Ray Hassan 59 – 0
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE (MOLANDS)
1. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 98 – 5 Peg 52
Carp on Waggler & Pellet
2. Luke Simcox (Smithys) 87 – 6
3. Phil Hull (Tusses Tackle) 66 – 6
4. Dave Smith (NEC) 64 – 0
1. Bob Calcott (Packington) 70 – 5 Peg 1 WILLOW
Carp & F1s on Pole & Paste
2. Dave Crozier (Packington) 67 -11
3. Burt McGann (Packington) 65 – 0
4. Ray Quiney (Packington) 58 -12
TWO DAYER – Day 1 (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 241 -14 Peg 27
Carp & F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Shaun Little (Matrix) 235 – 8
3. Lee Heaven (Greyhound AC) 169 – 5
4. Luke Simcox (Smithys) 169 – 3
TWO DAYER – Day 2 (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Shaun Little (Matrix) 251 – 7 Peg 15 New Venue Record
F1s on Pole & Caster
2. Mark Jacques (Tackle Shack) 234 – 0
3. Luke Simcox (Smithys) 199 -13
4. Lee Heaven (Greyhound AC) 187 – 6
TWO DAYER FINAL STANDINGS
1. Shaun Little (Matrix) 3 Points 486 -15
2. Lee Heaven (Greyhound) 3 Points 356 -11
3. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 4 Points 418 – 9
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Paul Hunter (Paulsfodder) 87-14 Peg 44
Carp on Pellet Feeder
2. Max Higgott (Team Makins) 86 -12
3. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 76 – 7
4. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 74 – 9
WOLVEY AC (GRATUITIES)
1. Mark 72 – 5 Peg 9
Carp on Pellet Feeder
2. Audrey 38 – 9
3. Curtis 33 – 9
MOLANDS The F1s have really slowed down and it is the carp that have made up the better catches this week with fish to 15lb+ in nets to around 100lb. Waggler with pellet, method feeder to the island and down the margin with meat or paste have all worked well. The The pole fished shallow or on the deck has caught F1s with nets to around 50 – 60lb best at the moment.
GEARYS The hot weather has seen the bigger fish just cruising around for most of the day but good catches were still possible and nets to nearly 150lb have been caught. Shallow tactics are working best either mugging them on a small 6mm pellet or a couple of banded maggot with pellet waggler also accounting for plenty of fish. Decent nets of skimmers also being caught with soft pellet or chopped worm and caster also doing well.
LITTLE GEARYS Fantastic week with some terrific weights being caught during the two-day event including a new lake venue record of 251lb 7oz caught by Matrix angler Shaun Little who had around 120 F1s on pellet/caster fished shallow. This was the outstanding tactic on the pool this week. Pellet feeder or a small method up to the island has also worked very well.
GRATUITIES Pellet waggler or a pellet/method feeder fished tight to the island has been catching plenty of carp in the 2 – 4lb range or meat fished down the margins and fish into double figures are coming to this. Plenty of decent mixed catches still being caught with caster or pellet fished shallow.
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
WILLOW Willow has been in good form this week with lots of F1s and carp being caught from all around the pool to a variety of tactics. Pellet waggler, bomb and pellet or off the top with dog biscuit all been working well.
ANNIVERSARIES Nets to 70lb and small carp are coming to caster fished shallow or on the deck best this week. A little more consistent with fish being caught on all areas but pegs 17 – 23 remain the hotspot.
SIBLINGS A An improvement this week with nets to 70lb being caught, which has been mainly made up of carp and F1s to 4lb. Paste or pellet fished down the middle has been the top tactic.
SIBLINGS B Still the more consistent of the Siblings pools with lots of F1s from 12oz to 2lb being caught along with carp to 8lb, ide, skimmers and the odd tench. Pellet or paste fished long to start but coming shorter as the day went on the best tactic. Shallow caster is also worth a go at the moment.
SATURDAY 14th JULY – OPEN MATCH – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 15th JULY – OPEN MATCH – MOLANDS
Draw 8am, fish 9.30am to 2.30pm
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN – MOLANDS
THE DRAW WILL BE AT 11am, FISH 12.30pm to 5.30pm (11/7/18)
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FROM THE LODGE.
FULL TICKETS ARE £180.00 AND CONCESSIONARY TICKETS ARE £160.00.
DAY TICKET OFFER
TO CLAIM A 50% DISCOUNT OFF A DAY TICKET PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] FOR A VOUCHER.
OPENING AND CLOSING
THE FISHERY NOW OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT 10pm.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
MATCH BOOKINGS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN FOR 2019.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.