Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 4 months ago by geepster.
04/07/2022 at 12:27 pm #316672
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
MATCH RESULTS AND FISHING REPORT – WEEK ENDING 3/7/22
1. Mick Martin (Attleborough) 63 – 4 Peg 19 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on method feeder
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 55 -10
3. Chris Phillips (Packington) 53 – 3
4. Steve Stokes (Packington) 51 – 2
WEDNESDAY SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. John Burchell (Packington) 67 -12 Peg 19
Carp & skimmers on pole & pellet
2. Mick Bull (Frenzee) 52 -12
3. Des Jarvis (Solihull Angling) 33 -10
4. Dave Elliott (Packington) 33 – 6
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS/WILLOW)
1. Pete Barley (White Hart) 58 -14 Peg 1 WILLOW
F1s on pole & paste/pellet
2. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 46 – 8
3. John Waterhouse (Packington) 46 – 0 4. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 47 -12
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Trevor Hodges (Maver) 96 -11 Peg 16
Carp & skimmers on bomb/pole & pellet
2. John Nicholls (Millpool AC) 84 – 0
3. David Haynes (DHP) 69 – 2
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 61 -12
MILLPOOL AC (MOLANDS)
1. Cliff Skyrme 91 -14 Peg 54
F1s on pole and meat
2. Mick Robinson 84 -12
3. Alan Walton 77 – 9
4. Grant Merrett 62 – 5
TORNADOES AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ian Lillystone 105 -10 Peg 13
F1s on pole & caster
2. Dean Young 91 – 7
3. Steve Nightingale 84 -10
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS)
1. Mark Sidwells (DS Pole Floats) 105 -13
2. Neil Smith (Smithys) 90 – 8
3. Arthur Hicks (Smithys) 90 – 2
4. Pete Murray (Packington) 84 – 0
CARRS ANGLING SOCIETY (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Gareth Archer 85 -10 Peg 13
F1s on pole & pellet
2. Mark Cashmore 72 – 9
3. Ray Ravenall 59 – 8
4. Gerry Rush 52 – 6
MOLANDS Much better this week with nets to 100lb caught and the F1s switching on at last. The match angers have caught best on bomb and waggler with 8mm pellet and method feeder fished tight up to the island, meat or corn or pellet short down the margins and caster shallow has started to produce as well. The carp anglers have caught fish to 22lb fishing boilies close in to the margins or across to the far bank. Best areas have been on pegs 2 – 10, 19 – 25, 41 – 46 and 56 -60.
GEARYS Very up and down this week with match weights to around 100lb best but some areas have been better than others. The deeper water near the high bank from pegs 6 – 13 and the opposite bank from 30 – 36 have been the most consistent pegs. In the matches bomb with pellet, pellet waggler and long pellet with banded hard pellet have been the top tactics. The carp angers have enjoyed success with tuna or sauce flavoured boilies fished out to the middle stumps with a PVA bag.
LITTLE GEARYS Another pool that has shown improvement this week with catches increasing each day and the fishing has been very consistent with most pegs providing good sport. There have been lots of methods working including feeder or waggler to the island, long pole with pellet or caster shallow and fishing down the margins with meat, corn, paste or 6mm pellets.
GRATUITIES Fishing down the margins with corn or paste has been good for carp up to double figures and pellet feeder or waggler to the island is also worth a go. Fishing maggot or caster for lots of silver fish including a few tench and crucians.
WILLOW In really good form with lots of carp and F1s being caught. Long pole shallow with caster or pellet has accounted for lots of F1s up to 5lb. The carp have been caught on waggler/bomb with pellet to the island or down the margins with paste, corn or worm.
SIBLINGS A Paste has been the main bait this week fished down the middle for carp to 10lb, F1s to 5lb and silver fish. Corn or pellet fished down the margins or across to the island has also been popular this week. Pegs 2, 5, 9 and 17 – 21 have been the best.
SIBLINGS B Lots of F1s showing in the 1 – 3lb range along with carp to 10lb. Paste, caster shallow and meat down the middle or in the margins has been the best approach.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
WEDNESDAY 6th JULY– SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – SIBLINGS
Draw 1pm, fish 2.30pm until 7.30pm.
SATURDAY 9th JULY – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 4.30pm.
SUNDAY 10th JULY – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 4.30pm.
FISHERY OPENS AT 7.00am
DAY TICKETS £!0.00/CONCESSIONARY TICKETS £8.00.
(£2 extra for 2 rods)
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.