Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 months, 3 weeks ago by geepster.
07/07/2020 at 1:57 pm #315290
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 5/7/2020
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Bait) 53 – 9 Peg 29 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on Plopper & Pellet
2. Mick Martin (Attleborough AC) 50 – 7
3. Paul Wakeling (Beaufort AC) 48 – 5
4. Ray Quiney (Packington) 47 -15
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Shane Whittaker (Middy/Bagem) 160 -11 Peg 27
Carp & F1s on Method & Wafter
2. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 154 -12
3. Neville Groves (Fosters) 115 – 2
4. Jon Newton (Smithys) 100 – 8
PACKINGTON VETS (LITTLE GEARYS/ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Ray Quiney (Packington) 82 -10 Peg 7 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Plopper & Pellet
2. Steve Stokes (Packington) 77 -13
3. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 73 -14
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 63 – 6
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Dom Lanni (Glebe AC) 58 – 9 Peg 46
F1s & Carp on Pole & Maggot
2. Max Higgot (Burt Baits) 57 -12
3. Grant Merrett (Lanes Bait) 54 – 6
4. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 43 – 9
1. Dick Partridge 98 -10 Peg 21
Carp & F1s on Pole & Worm
2. Bill Rutherford 70 -15
3. Mark Jones 60 – 2
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS B)
1. Pete Heaven (Greyhound) 52 – 7 Peg 3
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 43 -12
3. Dave Chapman (Warwick) 30 -10
4. Lee Heaven (Greyhound) 27 – 4
CHARNWOOD HOOKERS (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Mark Bowlers 68 – 1 Peg 7
F1s on Method Feeder & Wafter
2. Tom Arnie 67 -12
3. Mick Hunter 67 -10
MILL POOL AC (MOLANDS)
1. Cliff Skyner 98 -15 Peg 19
Carp & F1s on Method & Pellet
2. Wayne Sharman 82 -10
3. Grant Merrett 82 – 2
4. Pete Caton 76 -10
TORNADOES AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dean Young 140 – 9 Peg 10
F1s on Method & Meat
2. Ian Lillystone 134 -13
3. Wayne Marshall 131 – 4
4. Steve Nightingale 123 – 2
MOLANDS Fished well in places this week with pegs from 12 to 27 in the most consistent form. Match weights to over 160lb and carp to over 20lb featured in catches. The top tactic has been the method feeder fished tight across to the island with wafter or dead red maggot. Caster fished down the margins or long shallow has also been taking some big catches.
GEARYS Carp to 20lb have been caught with anglers fishing the bomb and boilies or big pellet accounting for the bigger fish with lots of doubles coming to this. In the matches, nets to 130lb were recorded this week and pole fished paste and pellet fished short at 4 – 5 metres have been the winning tactics, although bomb and pellet or a method feeder have also worked. Best areas have been pegs 1, 7 – 13, 16 – 20 and 20 – 33.
LITTLE GEARYS Great consistent action with nets to nearly 150lb caught this week, mainly made up of F1s from 2 – 4lb but a few larger carp to 15lb have also featured. Method feeder to the island, pellet waggler and meat or pellet down the margins have all accounted for decent catches. Pegs 5 – 12 have been the hot pegs but good sport has been had all around the pool.
ANNIVERSARIES It has been a little tougher than previous weeks on Annies but F1s from
1 – 3lb with the odd one to 7lb, ide and carp to double figures have been showing. Pole fished worm, paste or pellet have all worked best on matches. The bigger carp are coming to surface
WILLOW In really good form with plenty of double figure carp coming out along with F1s to 5lb, tench and plenty of silver fish. Paste, meat or corn down the margins have been best for carp with feeder to the islands or long pole shallow best for the F1s.
SIBLINGS A Siblings A has been a little hard in the matches but pleasure anglers, particularly those fishing in the afternoons/evenings, have enjoyed the better sport. Nets of F1s to 50lb have been best in the catches but the carp are feeding down the margins and meat or corn over pellet has accounted for fish into double figures.
SIBLINGS B F1s making up the bulk of catches with paste, pellet or maggot working best, starting by fishing over to the far bank and bringing the fish close in during sessions. Pegs 1 – 7 have been the most consistent areas.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – MOLANDS
DRAW 1pm, FISH 2.15pm to 7.15pm.
SATURDAY 11th JULY – OPEN – GEARYS – DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 12th JULY – OPEN – SIBLINGS A and B – DRAW 9am, 10.30am to 3.30pm.
PLEASE NOTE: ANGLERS MUST PHONE TO BOOK IN AT THE LODGE 24 HOURS
BEFORE MATCH. WE EXPECT ALL VISITORS TO ADHERE TO THE
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURE IN PLACE.
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT 9.30pm. DAY TICKETS £9.50 AND CONCESSION £7.50 WITH OTHER PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE FISHERY IF SHOWING ANY SYMPTONS OF CORONAVIRUS
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.