Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months, 4 weeks ago by geepster.
06/06/2022 at 1:18 pm #316644
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
MATCH RESULTS AND FISHING REPORT – WEEK ENDING 05/06/22
STARLETS VETS (SIBLINGS/WILLOW/ANNIES/GRATUITIUES)
1. Burt McGann (Packington) 72 -10 Peg 11 SIBS B
F1s on Pole & pellet
2. Pat Clark (Packington) 39 -13
3. Dave Watson (Coventry) 37 -14
4. Dave Duggan (Dams And Locks) 36 – 3
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Andie Christie (Maver) 103 – 2 Peg 52
, F1s & skimmers on pole & Meat
2. John Burchell (Packington) 68 – 7
3. Findlay Tanner (Packington) 65 -12
4. Dave Roberts (Packington) 49 -14
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Bill Rutherford (WMPAC) 65 -0 Peg 27
Carp,F1s and Skimmers on pole and worm
2. Mick White (Packington) 59 – 8
3. Mal Cooper (Packington) 46 -13 4. (Packington ) 43 -13
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Steve Bellion (Maver) 97 -12 Peg 13
Carp on bomb & pellet
2. Pete Caton (Drennan) 68 – 13
3. Grant Merrett (Packington) 53 – 7
4. Max Higgott (Burt Baits) 52 – 5
BANK HOLIDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Steve Bellion (MAVER) 116 – 5 Peg 15
F1s & carp on pole/pellet/caster
2. Max Higgott (Burt Baits) 99 – 7
3. Jack Shirley (SAC) 96 -10
4. Paul Truman (Packington) 81 -13
MILLPOOL AC (GEARYS)
1. peg 18 112 – 1
Carp on Method Feeder
2. PEG 7 87 -10
3. Colin Chapman 68 – 8
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS)
1. Danny Griffin (Packington) 108 – 9 Peg 10 SIBS B
F1s and carp on Pole & Caster
2. Mark Sidwells (DS Polefloats) 108 – 3
3. Paul Truman (Packington) 100 -13
4. Steve Brindley (Tackleshack) 57 – 7
MOLANDS . Carp to 23lb have been reported and lots of upper doubles coming to boilies mainly but a few fish coming to surface baits as well. In the matches bomb with pellet, method feeder to the island and short on the pole with pellet are the top tactics with nets to 100lb caught this week. Best pegs have been 8 – 13, 19 – 29, 42 – 48 and 52 – 60.
GEARYS A little up and down this week with the more changeable conditions but on the better days its been very good. Catches in matches to around 120lb have been best with bomb and pellet the top tactic with method feeder and long pole with hard pellet also worth a try. Carp anglers have reported fish to 24lb and boilies fished at range with a PVA bag seem to be the top method for those choosing the bigger fish.
LITTLE GEARYS Good consistent sport on Little Gearys with match weights to over 120lb caught and decent back up nets being taken from all around the pool. Method feeder to the island with meat or dead maggot on the hook, meat fished close in and down the margins and shallow with pellet or caster have been the top tactics for F1s to 7lb and carp to double figures
ANNIVERSARIES Its been steady fishing on Annies this week with mainly F1s making up catches to 50lb with shallow pole and caster or pellet working best. The more open pegs you can fish bomb or waggler with 6mm banded hard pellet.
GRATUITIES Nice mixed bags are being caught on the pole with pellet, maggot or caster fished over micros or ground bait with small carp, F1s, skimmers, crucians and chub all showing well. The bigger carp are coming to waggler/bomb with pellet to the island and off the top on dog biscuit.
WILLOW Fished better this week with nets to 80lb and F1s showing all around the pool and pole fished pellet or meat has been the best approach, A few bigger carp are being caught down the margins later in the day with fish to 17lb coming to paste, corn or worm fished over ground bait.
SIBLINGS A Catches have improved this week with nets to around 100lb best. Pole with pellet, Caster or meat fished across to the island or down the margins has been the best approach.
SIBLINGS B Consistent if not spectacular this week with nets to around 100lb + being caught with the end of the point on pegs 7-13 the top pegs Caster or pellet shallow or meat short on the pole have been the top methods with a small feeder across has also been working on the wider areas.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN — MOLANDS
Draw 1pm, fish 2.30pm until 7.30pm.
SATURDAY 11th JUNE – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 4.30pm.
SUNDAY 12TH JUNE – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 4.30pm.
FISHERY OPENS AT 7.00am until 8.30pm
DAY TICKETS £!0.00/CONCESSIONARY TICKETS £8.00.
(£2 extra for 2 rods)
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.