Tagged: packington somers
12/03/2019 at 3:41 pm #308475
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 10/3/19
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dave Elliott (Packington) 56 – 3 Peg 3 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Paul Deeming (Packington) 54 – 4
3. Burt McGann (Packington) 41 – 0
4. Graham Swift (Packington) 35 – 8
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Mark Sumners (Beaufort AC) 74 – 6 Peg 48
Carp and F1s on Pellet Feeder
2. Shane Whittaker (Middy/Bagem Baits) 58 -10
3. Mark Jacques (Tackle Shack) 48 – 7
4. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 41 – 4
PACKINGTON VETS (GEARYS/SIBLINGS A & B)
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 66 – 9 Peg 31 GEARYS
Carp on Hybrid & Wafter
2. Steve Stokes (Packington) 46 -14
3. Ray Quiney (Packington) 39 – 2
4. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 38 -11
SATURDAY OPEN (ROVER MATCH)
1. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 78 – 6 Peg 11 GEARYS
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Jon Newton (Smithys) 76 – 2
3. Lee Richards (Packington) 74 – 4
4. Max Higgott (Team Makins) 69 -12
SOLIHULL ANGLING SILVERS (GEARYS)
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 24 – 9 Peg 9
Skimmers on Pole & Corn
2. Dave Elliott (Packington) 14 -13
3. Jon Newton (Smithys) 14 -10
4. Dave Froggatt (Packington) 10 – 8
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Neville Groves (Fosters) 76 -15 Peg 27
Carp & F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 76 -10
3. John Nicholls (Packington) 48 – 0
4. Steve Daley (Ridgemere AC) 38 -11
MOLANDS In decent form until the weekend where the cold windy conditions saw catches drop. Match weights to 70lb+ have been caught this week with the feeder working best in the windy conditions and either small methods or pellet feeder with wafter, dead maggot or small banded pellet working best. Pole fished maggot down the edge caught a few F1s later in the day.
GEARYS Fished well this week with big carp up to 19lb fishing in catches to 80lb. Pellet feeder, method feeder or bomb and pellet have been the best tactic with fish falling to this all around the pool. Some decent nets of skimmers coming out as well, particularly along the high bank where pole fished corn or pellet worked best for fish to 3lb.
LITTLE GEARYS Good consistent sport for most of the week with nets to around 75lb best and decent back up weights from around the pool. Pole fished pellet fished short at five meters or out at 13 – 16 meters has been the best tactic. A small method to the island is also worth a try.
GRATUITIES The carp have been on pegs 8 and 9 and fish to double figures have come to waggler with bread or pole fished corn over micros. Plenty of silver fish have been caught around the pool with skimmers, roach, crucians and the odd tench coming to caster or maggot over ground bait.
ANNIVERSARIES In decent form this week with pegs 1 – 6 and 17 – 23 all producing good nets of F1s with the odd bonus carp to 10lb. Pole fished pellet or maggot fished out into the open water has been the best tactic.
SIBLINGS A Match weights to 50lb taken this week but the fishing has again been patchy with some areas fishing well and others not so good. Pegs 1 – 5 and 17 – 22 have been the most
consistent areas with carp, F1s, ide and skimmers showing to pole fished pellet or maggot.
SIBLINGS B The end of the pool from pegs 5 – 10 has been the best area with nets of F1s and carp being caught on long pole with pellet, maggot or worm. A small feeder has been catching on the wider pegs.
WILLOW Fished well early in the week but sport slowed down at the weekend. Carp and F1s are producing the main action with maggot or pellet fished out in the open water or corn down the edges best.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – OPEN – MOLANDS
DRAW 11am, FISH 12.30am to 5.30pm.
SATURDAY 16th MARCH – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 17th MARCH – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
OPENING AND CLOSING
FROM 1st MARCH THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSE AT DUSK (6.30pm).
PRICES – £9.00 DAY/£7.00 CONCESSION AND PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE.
SEASON TICKETS AVAILABLE.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.