Home › Forums › Fishing › Coarse And Match Fishing › Packington Somers March 16th, 2020
Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 2 months ago by geepster.
16/03/2020 at 1:35 pm #315043
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 15/3/2020
1. Paul Deeming (Packington) 47 -10 Peg 25 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole & Maggot/Pellet
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 45 – 1
3. Dave Atkins (Packington) 42 – 3
4. Joe Roberts (Drennan) 41 -11
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 148 – 7 Peg 45 MOLANDS
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 136 – 0
3. Jon Newton (Smithys) 131 -12
4. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 122 – 6
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 51 – 2 Peg 12
Carp & F1s on Bomb & Pellet
2. Steve Stokes (Packington) 28 -12
3. Ray Quiney (Packington) 25 -10
4. Burt McGann (Packington) 25 – 4
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Andy Findlay (Preston Innovations) 65 – 3 Peg 21
Carp on Pole/Bomb & Pellet
2. Thomas Charles (Packington) 44 -11
3. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 31 -11
4. Paul Alder (Solihull Angling) 28 – 4
RIDGEMERE AC (ANNIVERSARIES/SIBLINGS A)
1. Neil Carless 58 -10 Peg 17 SIBLINGS A
2. Lee Davis 49 – 8
3. Keith Harris 46 – 5
RIDGEMERE BLACKS (MOLANDS)
1. Darren Davies 40 – 5 Peg 2
2. Carl 39 -12
3. Frank Bagley 29 -13
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Shane Whittaker (Bagem/Middy) 70 – 0 Peg 25
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 57 -12
3. Tony Taylor (Moseley) 55 – 5
4. John Anderson (Packington) 47 – 0
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – SILVERS LEAGUE
1. Dave Elliott (Packington) 16 -12 Peg 32
Skimmers on Pole & Pellet
2. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 15 -13
3. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 13 -11
4. Jon Newton (Smithys) 13 – 7
MOLANDS A bit of warmer weather saw the carp and F1s feed really well in the middle of the week with nets to 150lb caught and really good back up catches, many over 100lb. It slowed towards the weekend but the sport on offer was still good. Pole fished maggot down the first shelf or in the margins accounted for the better nets but waggler and pellet/pellet feeder were also working well.
GEARYS Better this week with nets to around 80lb in matches and pleasure anglers enjoying decent action with some decent sized carp to nearly 20lb. In the matches, feeding 8mm pellets and fishing bomb/pellet or a small pellet feeder over the top has worked best for carp and a few big skimmers. Carp anglers fishing boilies have been catching plenty of fish into double figures. Best pegs have been 10 – 13, 18 – 23 and 31 – 36.
LITTLE GEARYS Another pool where catches went up dramatically with the warmer weather in the early part of the week and nets to 130lb were caught. Waggler with 6mm pellet, pole with pellet and maggot fished long up in the water and on the deck have all been working well this week. Best pegs have been 5 – 11 and 23 -29.
ANNIVERSARIES The F1s and carp are showing with decent sport being had all around the pool. Nets to 80lb were caught in the week with maggot or pellet on the pole working best. On the wider pegs, a small pellet/method feeder has also been good.
GRATUITIES A little better on Grats this week and it has fished ok with anglers having a choice of going for carp or silvers. The carp are responding to a small pellet feeder or waggler fished to the island and the silvers are coming well to pole fished maggot, caster or soft pellet.
SIBLINGS A In decent form during the week with nets to 90lb caught with plenty of carp up to 10lb and F1s featuring. Pole fished maggot or pellet has been the top tactic with the fish feeding more down the inside margins as well.
SIBLINGS B Lots of F1s being caught and catches to around 60lb have been caught regularly. Pole fished hard pellet or maggot fished down the middle is working best but later in the day you can catch right under your feet.
WILLOW Plenty of carp and F1s up to 5lb showing to pellet feeder fished to the island or down the margins with pole fished corn/pellet and meat starting to produce.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER MATCH ON ALL POOLS.
Draw 11.00am, fish 12.30pm to 5.30pm.
SATURDAY 21st MARCH – OPEN – GEARYS.
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 22nd MARCH – OPEN – SIBLINGS A/B.
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
OPENING AND CLOSING
FROM 1st MARCH THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.00am.
PRICES ARE £9.50 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £7.50 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET AND ALSO VARIOUS PART DAY TICKETS.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.