Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 10 months ago by geepster.
20/03/2017 at 12:18 pm #298173
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 19/3/17
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Bob Calcott (Packington) 53 -12 Peg 3 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Trevor Harvey (Packington) 50 – 8
3. Colin West (Tornadoes) 48 – 0
4. John Downing (Packington) 41 – 8
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Shane Whittaker (Bagem Baits) 93 – 7 Peg 46
F1s & Carp on Pole & Maggot
2. Robert Street (Smithys) 90 – 8
3. Danny Tresigne (Smithys) 87 – 0
4. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 79 – 8
1. Burt McGann (Packington) 60 -15 Peg 14 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Keith Webb (Maypole AC) 44 – 5
3. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 41 -12
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 39 -11
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 45 – 2 Peg 30
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Aaron Wells (Leicester Sensas) 43 – 5
3. Ian Crossman (Browning Central) 40 – 8
4. Marie Leadbetter (Packington) 32 -14
DAVE ALSOP (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ollie 92 -12 Peg 5
2. Norman 59 – 9
3. Elliott 58 -10
LIMETREE SOCIAL (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dave Watson 89 -12
2. 81 -12
3. 80 -14
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. John Burchell (Packington) 90 – 0 Peg 45
F1s & Carp on Waggler & Pellet
2. Danny Tresigne (Smithys) 73 – 5
3. Shane Whittaker (Bagem Baits) 60 – 0
4. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 43 -12
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS LEAGUE
1. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 28 -13 Peg 37
Skimmers on Pole & Caster
2. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 27 – 1
3. Dave Armstrong (Packington) 24 -10
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 24 – 6
MOLANDS In decent form this week with pleasure anglers reporting nets to over 100lb and match weights to over 90lb. Carp are showing in numbers and the best bet for them is to fish a waggler or bomb to the island with 8mm pellet or boilies on the hook and fish to 18lb have been caught this week. The F1s are starting to feed well down the margins especially later in the day and float fished maggot or pellet is the best approach. Best pegs are 3, 4, 19, 25 – 31, 43 – 48 and 56 – 58.
GEARYS Excellent silver sport has been had this week with nets of skimmers to 40lb and good catches from most areas. Pole fished caster, pellet or maggot have been best for skimmers to 4lb. The carp are moving well too with fish to mainly 20lb coming to pellet or boilies fished on the bomb. Pegs from 21 – 24 are seeing good nets of carp being caught down the edges to corn or meat.
LITTLE GEARYS In great form this week with decent nets of F1s coming from all areas. F1s to 5lb have been the main target with nets to 100lb+ caught this week. Carp to double figures and plenty of skimmers have also been caught. The main methods are maggot feeder fished to three quarters way across on pole with maggot/ pellet or corn down the margins.
GRATUITIES Carp have been showing in numbers with the car park side from pegs 5 – 8 producing the best catches. Waggler or a small feeder fished tight to the island with pellet or corn are working well for fish into double figures. Float fished caster and maggot are accounting for good mixed nets on the other areas.
SIBLINGS A (Doughnut) Anglers fishing on ‘A’ have enjoyed good sport with mixed nets of F1s, ide, roach, skimmers and a few carp. Pegs 3, 5, 12 – 16 and 19 – 22 have been best with pole or float fished maggot, caster or expander pellet fished long to the island or down the near margins.
SIBLINGS B (Horseshoe) The end of the pool from pegs 5 – 10 have been producing some cracking catches and anglers are saying they are having a fish a chuck on these pegs. Simple pole tactics fished at 13 metres to the far bank or down the middle is working best.
WILLOW Carp numbers are going up with lots of fish in the 2- 4lb range coming out to waggler or feeder to the island. Shallow pole and pellet is working well for nets of F1s. Best pegs are 1 – 3, 5, 8 and 11.
SATURDAY 25th MARCH – OPEN MATCH – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm
SUNDAY 26th MARCH – OPEN MATCH – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN MATCH
Draw is now 11am, fish 12.30pm to 5.30pm
PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL CHANGE TO A 1pm DRAW ON MARCH 30th.
DAY TICKET OFFER
To claim a 50% discount for a Day Ticket please email [email protected] for a voucher.
SEASON TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE. £175.00 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £155.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET. PLEASE CONTACT THE LODGE.
FISHERY OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES
FROM WEDNESDAY 1st MARCH THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSE AT DUSK. NORMAL PRICES NOW APPLY WITH DAY TICKETS AT £9.00 AND CONCESSIONS AT £7.00.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.