Home › Forums › Fishing › Coarse And Match Fishing › Packington Somers March 28th, 2023
Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by geepster.
28/03/2023 at 1:58 pm #316899
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
MATCH RESULTS AND FISHING REPORT – WEEK ENDING 26/3/23
1. Mick Martin (Attleborough) 83 – 9 Peg 29
Carp & F1s on pellet feeder/pole & corn
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 80 – 8
3. Dean Weston (Greyhound AC) 69 – 4
4. Kevin Edwards (Packington) 61 -14
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Pete Heaven (Greyhound) 110 -15 Peg 60
Carp & F1s on pole and pellet
2. John Burchell (Packington) 104 -14
3. Des Jarvis (Solihull Angling) 88 – 0
4. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 71 -14
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Keith Wooding (Solihull Angling) 74 – 9 Peg 58
Carp & F1s on pellet feeder
2. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 37 – 1
3. John Batey (Packington) 36 -15
4. Dave Neal (Lanes Bait) 35 -15
RIDGEMERE BLACKS (ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Mark 65 – 0 Peg 23
Carp & F1s on pole & maggot
2. Daz 58 -14
3. Paul W 48 – 7
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Pete Caton (Drennan) 100 -14 Peg 11
Carp on method & wafter
2. Dave Roberts (Packington) 83 – 9
3. Neil Russell (Packington) 70 -11
4. Trevor Hodges (Maver Elite) 66 – 3
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Andy Christie (Packington) 107 – 5 Peg 11
F1s on pole & Maggot
2. Stephen Bellion (Maver) 87 -14
3. Pete Murray (Packington) 57 – 4
4. Paul Truman (Packington) 56 -15
SAC SILVERS LEAGUE (GEARYS)
1. Ian Lines (Packington) 19 -10 Peg 36
Skimmers on pole & caster
2. John Burchell (Packington) 18 -12
3. Will McCranor (Guru) 15 – 9
4. Dave Elliott (Packington) 14 – 0
FINAL LEAGUE POINTS
1. John Burchell (Packington) 3 Points 47 – 9
2. Will McCranor (Guru) 3 Points 46 – 6
3. Ian Lines (Packington) 4 Points 44 -13
4. Paul Mortimer (Smithys) 5 Points 45 -10
5. Martin Wood (SAC) 5 Points 27 – 6
MOLANDS Fished well this week with lots of fish on the early and late pegs from 1 – 8 and
52 – 60 and it is these pegs that produced the best catches with match weights in excess of 110lb. Pole with pellet or maggot out long or down the margins, method feeder with wafter and bomb/waggler with pellet fished tight to the island were all catching well. Carp to 23lb were caught on boilies fished up to the island with the specimen guys catching a number of double figure fish.
GEARYS Like all of the pools the milder weather saw the fishing improve and catches to 100lb were caught last week. A lot of fish were on the middle stumps and a long cast with a method feeder and wafter has accounted for fish to 18lb. The new stock fish are around pegs 1 – 6 and 36 – 41 where pole fished pellet or maggot has caught lots of fish from 1 – 2lb. Bream and silver nets to 40lb were caught earlier in the week or pole fished maggots.
LITTLE GEARYS Match weights to 100lb+ were caught with the F1s showing well along with some nice carp to 15lb. Waggler or bomb with 6mm pellet, long pole shallow or on the hook with pellet or caster and down the margins with corn, maggot or pellet have all worked well the past week. Best pegs have been 1 – 11 and 25 – 30.
GRATUITIES Pole fished maggot, expander pellet and corn have caught some nice mixed bags of F1s, carp, skimmers, crucians and chub. The better carp are being caught on waggler with corn or pellet fished shallow or up to the islands.
ANNIVERSARIES Good sport from most areas of the pool with F1s and carp in the 1 – 3lb range providing the main action. Pole fished maggot, caster or pellet have all done well and on the wider pegs, bomb with 6mm pellet has been really successful.
SIBLINGS A Fish are spreading all around the pool with carp to 14lb, F1s to 6lb and silvers showing on most pegs. Pellet, corn or maggot fished across to the island or down the margins have accounted for the better nets.
SIBLINGS B Good steady fishing on Siblings B for most anglers with lots of F1s showing along with carp to double figures and plenty in the 1 – 3lb range. Maggot fished across or down the middle on the deck or shallow has worked well. Later in the day, worm or corn down the margins is worth a go.
WILLOW Always popular, Willow has been in decent form for most this week with carp to double figures and plenty of F1s and silvers being caught. Long pole with caster or pellet on the deck and shallow have accounted for the bigger nets but waggler or feeder to the island is also catching fish.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
SATURDAY 1st APRIL – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fishing 10.30am – 4.30pm
SUNDAY 2nd APRIL – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fishing 10.30am – 3.30pm
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN –
MOLANDS/GEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS (Alternate weeks)
Draw 1pm, fish 2pm – 7pm
SUMMER OPENING HOURS WILL BEGIN FROM:
WEDNESDAY 1st MARCH – THE FISHERY WILL BE OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSE AT DUSK (8pm AT THE MOMENT)
SUMMER PRICES ARE: £10.50 ADULT
£ 8.50 OAP/JUNIOR
£ 2.00 EXTRA FOR TWO RODS
PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.