Tagged: packington somers
02/03/2020 at 3:12 pm #315015
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 1/3/2020
STARLETS VETS CADENCE FISHING UK WINTER LEAGUE
1. Dave Atkins (Packington) 49 – 6 Peg 29 LITTLE GEARYS
Carp & F1s on Bomb & Bread
2. Roy Beasley (Packington) 46 – 6
3. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 39 – 7
4. Steve Allen (Tornadoes) 35 -12
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER
1. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 73 -15 Peg 6 ANNIVERSARIES
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. John Burchell (Packington) 66 -13
3. Dave Armstrong (Warwick) 47 – 6
4. Neville Groves (Fosters) 46 -14
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Roy Beasley (Packington) 49 – 0 Peg 43
Carp & F1s on Bomb & Bread
2. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 44 – 2
3. Ray Durant (Ridgemere AC) 40 -12
RIDGEMERE BLACKS (ANNIVERSARIES)
1. John 30 -12 Peg 21
F1s on Pellet Feeder & Wafter
2. Dave 28 – 4
3. Darren 27 -12
RIDGEMERE AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Steve Daley 41 – 9 Peg 9
F1s on Bomb & Bread
2. Mark Davies 34 – 7
3. A N Other 20 -12
SATURDAY OPEN – ROVER
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 120 – 0 Peg 45 MOLANDS
F1s & Carp on Waggler/Pellet & Pole/Maggot
2. Dave Armstrong (Warwick) 45 -10
3. Jason Sheradale (Packington) 44 -10
4. Paul Hunter (Paulsfodder) 43 – 2
PACKINGTON SOMERS WINTER LEAGUE – FINAL ROUND
1. John Burchell (Packington) 68 – 5 Peg 44 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on Waggler & Pellet
2. Jon Newton (Smithys) 61 -12
3. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 60 – 8
4. Chris Horsley (Burt Baits) 48 -12
5. Wayne Weatherstone (Solihull Angling) 47 -10
6. Carl Barnfield (Packington) 40 – 4
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 11 Points 559 – 7
2. Chris Horsley (Burt Baits) 18 Points 306 – 6
3. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 19 Points 392 – 4
4. Shane Whittaker (Middy/Bagem) 20 Points 340 – 8
5. Jon Arthur (Matrix) 22 Points 353 – 8
MOLANDS Lee Richards had the best weight of the year so far with 120lb in Saturday’s Open catching half on the waggler and pellet and the other at five metres on the pole and maggot.
The fishing has been a little up and down over the past week with one day fishing well and the most quite hard. Bomb and bread, waggler and pellet, maggot feeder and pole fished maggot or pellet have all accounted for a few fish. Scarecrow Point from pegs 42 – 48 has been the most consistent area.
GEARYS Fished quite hard this week with nets to around 50lb best and the carp have not been showing in numbers. Bomb and pellet or hybrid and wafter best tactic for carp to double figures but it has been a waiting game for bites. Decent sized skimmers are being caught on pole fished maggot or caster and a small pellet feeder with punched bread. Best pegs have been 16 – 21 and 27 – 30.
LITTLE GEARYS Steady rather than spectacular with nets to over 60lb caught this week and plenty of decent back up weights. Pole fished maggot fished at around 14 metres or just down the first shelf at five metres has been the top tactic but bomb and bread or maggot feeder also producing a few bites.
ANNIVERSARIES Nets to over 70lb this week with F1s to 4lb coming to pole fished pellet or maggot. A small pellet feeder or maggot feeder is also working well on some pegs, particularly around the big bowl on pegs 6, 16, 17, 19 and 21.
GRATUITIES A quiet week on Grats with only a few anglers having a go. Carp to double figures were caught on bread fished on waggler or bomb with the end pegs 8 and 9 doing best. There are lots of silvers to be caught on waggler with maggot or pole fished maggot, caster or soft pellet.
SIBLINGS A Fished ok this week with catches to over 50lb and pegs 2, 5 and 17 – 21 have been in the best form. Long pole with bread or pellet has been the top tactic.
SIBLINGS B Decent nets of F1s coming from the end of the pool on pegs 5 – 10. Pole fished maggot, either down the edge or across to the far side working best.
WILLOW Carp to 10lb and F1s to 5lb have featured in catches on Willow. Bomb and bread, a small method/pellet feeder or waggler and pellet all fished to the island have been the top tactics. Pegs 1, 5, 10 and 12 have been the better pegs.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER MATCH ON ALL POOLS.
Draw 11.00am, fish 12.15pm to 5.15pm.
SATURDAY 7th MARCH – OPEN – ROVER ON ALL POOLS.
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 8th MARCH – OPEN – MOLANDS (25 – 60)
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
OPENING AND CLOSING
FROM 1st MARCH THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.00am.
PRICES ARE £9.50 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £7.50 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET AND ALSO VARIOUS PART DAY TICKETS.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.