Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 months, 3 weeks ago by geepster.
31/10/2022 at 2:52 pm #316777
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
MATCH RESULTS AND FISHING REPORT – WEEK ENDING 30/10/22
(LITTLE GEARYS/SIBLINGS B/WILLOW/ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Dean Weston (Greyhound) 32 -12 Peg 14 ANNIES
Carp & F1s on waggler & pellet
2. Paul Deeming (Packington) 30 – 8
3. Mick Martin (Attleborough AC) 28 -12
4. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 28 – 1
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Lee Heaven Greyhound AC) 203 – 3 Peg 19 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on pole & maggot shallow – £100 bonus
2. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 155 – 5
3. Nick Jukes (Smithys AC) 152 – 5
4. Jon Newton (Smithys AC) 112 -15
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 39 – 7 Peg 48
Carp on bomb & pellet
2. Bobby Gould (Packington) 23 -15
3. Jim Hinckley (Packington) 22 – 5
4. Phil Barran (Packington) 21 -15
SATURDAY OPEN (ROVER)
1. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 133 -13 Peg 6 ANNIES
Carp & F1s on pole & pellet
2. Dave Elliott (Packington) 105 -15
3. Lee Richards (Packington) 71 – 3
4. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 66 – 3
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS LEAGUE
1. Dave Smith (Maver) 15 -10 Peg 2 GRATS
Skimmers on pole & maggot/worm
2. John Brown (Solihull Angling) 14 -13
3. Ian Lines (Packington) 13 – 9
4. Steve Bellion (Maver) 12 – 8
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dave Child (Packington) 109 -13 Peg 13
Carp & F1s on pole & maggot
2. Luke Newton (Smithys) 82 -10
3. Des Jarvis (Solihull Angling) 81 – 9
4. Steve Pearce (PTI) 68 -15
MOLANDS Despite the unseasonably warm weather Molands has been a little frustrating this week. Match weights to over 100lb and carp to over 20lb have been caught but it has been very patchy. In the matches fishing tight up to the island with waggler or bomb and pellet and in the later stages coming down the margins or short with maggot or pellet for the F1s have been the most successful tactics. The bigger carp are being caught by pleasure anglers coming to boilies fished out to the island or close in down the margins.
GEARYS Gearys has been in decent form for the time of year with the mild conditions to the liking of the carp. Nets to 100lb have been caught with bomb and pellet and long pole with
pellet or corn the top tactics, later in the day corn over micros has been working down the edges
as well. Carp anglers have reported fish to 20lb along with lots of high doubles and tuna boilies combined with a PVA bag has also been doing well.
LITTLE GEARYS The F1s have been feeding well this week and some terrific catches were made with the best being Lee Heaven’s 203lb during the Wednesday Open. Lee caught long on the pole with maggot shallow which has been the top tactic. Long pole with banded 4mm or 6mm hard pellet and a small method tight to the island have also been working well. Best pegs have been 13 – 25 with the wind blowing down to these pegs.
GRATUITIES Carp to double figures and plenty in the 2 – 5lb range have been coming to waggler or bomb with pellet to the island. Nice mixed nets were coming to caster, maggot or soft pellet fished down the middle with quality perch, roach and skimmers coming to this.
WILLOW Like all of the pools Willow fished a lot better this week with nets to around 60lb mainly F1s but a few carp also being caught. Long pole up to the island with pellet or corn, waggler and bomb on the wider pegs and down the margins with corn or 8mm pellet have all worked well.
ANNIVERSARIES In good form with F1s making up the better catches but some decent carp
up to double figures also being caught. Bomb with 6mm pellet or waggler shallow has been working in the open water. The better carp are coming to maggot or pellet fished down the margins. Top pegs have been 2, 6, 10, 15, 17 and 23.
SIBLINGS A It has been tough for a while on Siblings A with the water very clear but there were signs of improvement this week. Nets to around 40lb were best with decent sized carp and F1s making up the better catches. Dobbing bread or corn along the far bank or down the near bank reed beds was the top tactic with maggots fished short also worth a try.
SIBLINGS B Fished a little better with the F1s from 1 – 4lb showing on most pegs with 7 – 11 the best area. Maggot fished short or down the edges has been the top tactic with dobbing bread also working.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
SATURDAY 5th NOVEMBER – SILVERS OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 6th NOVEMBER – WINTER LEAGUE
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE MATCH THIS WEDNESDAY IS A ROVER
Draw 9.30am, fish 10.45am until 3.45pm
FISHERY OPENS AT 7.30am until 5pm.
DAY TICKETS £8.00/CONCESSIONARY TICKETS £7.00.
(£2 extra for 2 rods)
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.