Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 months, 1 week ago by geepster.
02/11/2020 at 2:54 pm #315619
MOLANDSPACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 1/11/2020
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 58 -12 Peg 56 MOLANDS
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Pete Barley (White Hart) 43 – 6
3. Mick White (Packington) 43 – 1
4. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 40 -11
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. John Burchell (Packington) 129 – 5 Peg 46 MOLANDS
F1s on Waggler & Pellet
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 114 – 0
3. Dan Wooding (Solihull Angling) 106 -10
4. Pete Heaven (Greyhound) 98 -15
PACKINGTON VETS (ANNIVERSARIES/SIBLINGS)
1. Roy Beasley (Packington) 29 -14 Peg 13 SIBLINGS A
Carp & F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Harvey Phillips (Vets) 28 – 4
3. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 26 – 5
4. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 25 -13
BRIGHTON AC (SIBLINGS)
1. Brendan McCarthy 28 – 5 Peg 9 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Rob Hodgson 28 – 4
2. Craig Bott 28 – 4
PTI (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Martin 88 -15 Peg 15
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Spike 67 -12
3. Shane 42 – 7
4. Steve 38 – 9
SATURDAY OPEN (ROVER)
1. Ian Mayo (Solihull Angling) 87 -15 Peg 18 GEARYS
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. John Adamson (Packington) 82 – 1
3. Phil Canning (NuFish) 73 – 9
4. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 72 – 5
OLTON AC (GRATUITIES)
1. Pete Coveny 14 -10
2. Alan Cooke 11 -14
3. Curtis Phillips 11 – 7
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS)
1. Tony Taylor (Solihull Angling) 72 – 9 Peg 19 SIBLINGS A
Carp & F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Mark Sidwells (DS Pole Floats) 60 – 0
3. Lee Richards (Packington) 55 – 3
4. Paul Ashfield (Packington) 35 – 8
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS LEAGUE
1. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 18 -11 Peg 13
2. Pete Brown (Maypole) 14 – 3
3. Bob Coles (Packington) 11 – 4
3. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 11 – 4
MOLANDS Still in good form with the new stockings encouraging the older fish to feed. Nets in matches to 130lb with carp to double figures and F1s to 8lb featuring. Bomb with boilies or pellets fished tight to the island is accounting for the carp with maggot fished long or close in on the pole best for the F1s. Decent sport to be had from all areas but 40 – 60 has been the best area.
GEARYS The mild conditions have seen the carp feeding well with match nets to around 100lb best but pleasure anglers have enjoyed even better days. The carp are showing to bomb with boilies or big pellets. Nice silver fish sport to be had with the high bank area producing catches of skimmers to over 30lb.
LITTLE GEARYS Slow at the start of the week but sport improved as the weather turned mild. Nets to over 100lb were caught in matches with pole fished pellet or maggot working best. The most consistent area has been the far bank from pegs 7 – 15.
WILLOW Carp and F1s are showing on most pegs with pole fished maggot/caster or pellet all catching a few fish. The bigger carp are still being caught close in with corn over micros accounting for fish to double figures.
ANNIVERSARIES The middle area on pegs 6, 17, 19 and 21 – 23 have produced the best action with the F1s to 5lb being caught on pole fished maggot or expander pellet and a small maggot feeder fished into the open water.
SIBLINGS A Much improved this week with fish being caught all around the pool and nets to over 70lb were caught. Pole fished maggot or pellet fished down the track or dobbing bread across has been the best tactic.
SIBLINGS B Nets to over 50lb were best this week with the bulk of the fish showing around pegs 5 – 11 at the end of the Point. Maggots fished down the middle or close in later in the day have worked best for the F1s to 4lb.
GRATUITIES Fished a little hard this week with nets to around 20lb best, made up mainly of silver fish including the odd bonus carp. Pole fished maggot or caster is working fished over micros or ground bait.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – ROVER
SATURDAY 7th NOVEMBER – OPEN – ROVER
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 8th NOVEMBER – WINTER LEAGUE
PLEASE NOTE: ANGLERS MUST PHONE TO BOOK IN AT THE LODGE 24 HOURS
BEFORE MATCH. WE EXPECT ALL VISITORS TO ADHERE TO THE
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURE IN PLACE.
FROM NOVEMBER 2nd, THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7.30am AND CLOSES AT 5pm.
DAY TICKETS £7.00 AND CONCESSION £5.00.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE FISHERY IF SHOWING ANY SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.