Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by geepster.
12/10/2022 at 12:07 pm #316770
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
MATCH RESULTS AND FISHING REPORT – WEEK ENDING 9/10/22
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/GEARYS)
1. Dave Watson (Lime Tree) 85 -12 Peg 19 GEARYS
Carp on bomb & pellet
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 73 -12
3. Bryan Twaites (Packington) 50 – 7
4. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 45 – 6
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Dan Wooding (Solihull Angling) 122 – 9 Peg 60
F1s & carp on pole & caster
2. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 121 -10
3. John Burchell (Packington) 103 – 6
4. Kevin Dales (Packington) 95 – 8
PACKINGTON VETS (LITTLE GEARYS/SIBLINGS)
1. Mark Sumnes (Ridgemere) 43 -10 Peg 15 LITTLE GEARYS
Carp & F1s on pole & pellet
2. Nick Parry (Packington) 37 -12
3. Billy Hawkes (Lucas) 34 -13
4. Steve Stokes (Packington) 34 – 7
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Max Higgott (Burt Baits) 96 -10 Peg 16
Carp on bomb & pellet
2. Dave Elliott (Packington) 73 – 9
3. Barry Byrd (Casemore Baits) 62 – 6
4. Ian Crossman (Browning Central) 49 -11
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 113 – 8 Peg 8
Carp and F1s on waggler & pellet
2. Dave Roberts (Packington) 72 – 9
3. Steve Pearce (PTI) 66 – 8
4. Pete Heaven (Greyhound) 65 -12
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS OPEN
1. Mick Wheatley (Drennan) 34 -13 Peg 27
Skimmers on pole & caster
2. Dave Smith (Maver UK) 23 – 6
3. Steve Bellion (Maver UK) 20 -14
MOLANDS Fished well during the week with the F1s feeding better and even being caught shallow on maggot and caster with fish to 8lb. There were a couple of slight frosts at the weekend and sport dipped because of this but nets to 100lb were still being caught albeit it was patchy. The carp are still either on the island or down the margins with fish to 20lb caught by pleasure anglers and in the matches this week. Bomb/waggler or pellet and down the margins with worm or 8mm pellet have been best for the bigger carp.
GEARYS Nets to nearly 100lb have been best in the matches with pegs 10 – 19 the most consistent area for the bigger catches. Bomb with 8mm pellet, pole with 6mm pellet and down the edges with dead maggot or pellet have been the best tactics in the matches. The carp anglers are still catching a few off the top but boilies fished on a PVA bag has been the top tactic for fish to 21lb this week.
LITTLE GEARYS It has been a lot harder on Little Gearys this week with nets to around 50lb best. The F1s slowed down as the water became a little clearer after the frosts. Pellet feeder or bomb and pellet fished tight to the island or down the margins with pellet, maggot or meat has been the best approach. Pegs 7 – 15 and 21 – 29 have produced the most consistent sport.
GRATUITIES Good for silver fish this week with nets to around 30lb of skimmers, roach, crucians and some quality perch which have come to maggot or caster fisher over ground bait. The carp are coming to pellet feeder or waggler fished tight up to the island or down the margins with worm or pellet.
WILLOW Like all of the pools sport has slowed a little with the F1s not showing well. Carp to double figures were coming to waggler or feeder to the island or big pellet. Maggot or pellet on the pole was best for the F1s that were caught. Best pegs have been on the far side from 7 – 12.
ANNIVERSARIES Steady fishing this week with most pegs producing F1s from 1 – 4lb and the odd carp, ide and silver fish. Bomb or waggler with 6mm pellet on the wider open pegs and pole fished pellet, caster or maggot have all been working.
SIBLINGS A Fished really tough this week with the water going clearer. Carp to double figures are being caught by dobbing bread or corn across to the island or down the margins. The F1s are being caught on pole with pellet down the middle but nets to around 30lb are best.
SIBLINGS B F1s are producing the main action with nets to 50lb coming from around the end of the pool on pegs 7 – 11. Caster, maggot or pellet fished short at five metres or down the edges has been the best approach. A few bigger carp are coming to dobbing tactics with bread fished across to the far bank.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
SATURDAY 15th OCTOBER – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 4.30pm.
SUNDAY 16th OCTOBER – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 4.30pm
NO SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE MATCH THIS WEDNESDAY
FISHERY OPENS AT 7.00am
DAY TICKETS £10.00/CONCESSIONARY TICKETS £8.00.
(£2 extra for 2 rods)
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.