Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 3 months ago by geepster.
14/10/2019 at 1:47 pm #314714
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 13/10/19
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/SIBLINGS)
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 60 – 6 Peg 13 MOLANDS
F1s on Pole and Maggot Shallow
2. Steve Stokes (Packington) 49 – 1
3. Paul Deeming (Packington) 37 -14
4. Allan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 34 – 9
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. John Burchell (Packington) 175 – 3 Peg 45
Carp & F1s on Maggot Shallow
2. Dan Wooding (Solihull Angling) 165 – 0
3. Lee Richards (Packington) 131 – 2
4. Shane Whittaker (Middy/Bagem Baits) 113 – 2
MAYPOLE AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Stuart Williams 57 – 4 Peg 7
2. Keith Webb 44 – 4
3. Ray Taylor 41 – 2
PACKINGTON VETS (GEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ray Quiney (Packington) 50 – 8 Peg 27 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Billy Hawkes (Packington) 41 – 6
3. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 41 – 4
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 37 – 9
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Jon Newton (Smithys) 58 -12 Peg 46
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 28 -13
3. Phil Hull (Tusses Tackle) 18 – 0
ANGLING TRUST SILVER FEST
(GEARYS & GRATUITIES)
1. Joe Caress (Presto Innovations) 34 -14 Peg 16 GEARYS
Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Jamie Hughes (Matrix) 33 – 6
3. Luke Simcox (Smithys) 32 -14
4. Matt Godfrey (Guru) 31 – 9
SUNDAY OPEN (Prostrate Screening Fund Raiser)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 93 – 8 Peg 24
Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Max Higgot (Team Makins) 78 – 1
3. Ray Durant (Ridgemere) 71 -10
4. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 65 – 0
RIDGEMERE V MILLHOUSE AC (MOLANDS)
1. Shane Whittaker 98 -13 Peg 46
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Dave Longford jnr 37 -12
3. Dave 33 – 4
MOLANDS Molands was in cracking form through the week with nets to over 170lb caught. The main tactic has been to fish maggot shallow for F1s from 2 – 4lb showing in numbers at around 13 metres. Waggler and pellet, method feeder and caster fishing down the margins have also worked well this week. The best area has been around Scarecrow Point from pegs 41 – 49 with decent nets coming from all around. Carp to over 20lb have also featured this week.
GEARYS The up and down weather conditions are having an effect on sport but generally the fishing on Gearys has been good. A silverfish match on Saturday saw mainly every competitor catching 20lb+ of skimmers and crucians showing how good the silver fishing can be on Gearys. Carp to nearly 20lb featured in catches with nets to around 100lb of carp in matches. One pleasure angler reported catching 27 carp to 14lb fishing corn down the margins.
LITTLE GEARYS Decent sport from all around the pool this week with F1s to 4lb the main target but carp to 14lb were also caught. Fishing maggot shallow at 10 – 14.5 metres has been the top tactic but caster, pellet or corn have also caught plenty of fish. Later in the day, fishing down the margins is still catching plenty on meat, corn and pellet.
GRATUITIES We had a Silverfest Qualifier fished on Saturday with anglers catching lots of skimmers, roach and crucians along with plenty of carp that did not count. Maggot over ground bait saw the best catches with nets to nearly 30lb winning. Pleasure anglers fishing waggler with bread or corn or pellet feeder to the island have enjoyed some decent carp fishing.
SIBLINGS A Siblings A has been hard this week with the water going really clear pushing the fish into the far bank corner. Bread or corn ‘dobbed across to the far side has been the best tactic for carp. The F1s and ide are coming to maggot fished on the long pole.
SIBLINGS B Like Siblings A, the clearer water is making the pool a little harder with long pole and pellet or maggot working best for mainly F1s from 1 – 2lb but a few carp and tench also showing. The end of the pool from pegs 5 – 11 have been the most consistent.
WILLOW Good sport on Willow with plenty of carp and F1s being caught to a variety of tactics. Short pole with pellet, pellet feeder or waggler to the island have all accounted for good nets this week.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN IS NOW A ROVER
Draw 10.30pm, fish 12pm to 5pm (9.30am draw from 30th October).
SATURDAY 19th OCTOBER – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 20th OCTOBER – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 4.30pm
OPENING AND CLOSING
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT DUSK (7pm).
(WINTER TIMES AND PRICES APPLY FROM OCTOBER 28th).
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.