Tagged: packington somers
29/10/2019 at 10:10 am #314739
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 20/10/19
1. Ray Quiney (Packington) 70 – 1 Peg 27 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole and Maggot Shallow
2. John Batey (Packington) 55 – 0
3. Pete Barley (White Hart) 50 -10
4. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 48 – 4
4. Ray Durant (Ridgemere) 48 – 4
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER
1. Jon Newton (Smithys) 289 -14 Peg 23 MOLANDS
F1s on Pole & Maggot Shallow – NEW VENUE RECORD
2. Shane Whittaker (Middy/Bagem Baits) 197 -13
3. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 171 – 9
4. Pete Murray (Packington) 98 -12
MAYPOLE AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Keith Webb 103 -10 Peg 15
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Gary Lakin 90 – 5
3. Ray Taylor 74 -10
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 62 -15 Peg 15 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 51 -14
3. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 49 -11
4. Pete Bird (Coventry) 48 – 0
RIDGEMERE BLACKS (SIBLINGS B)
1. Dave Longford 34 – 9 Peg 12
F1s on Pellet Feeder & Bread
2. Carl 28 – 7
3. Darren 27 -12
BEAUFORT AC (GEARYS)
1. Andy Cornforth 27 – 6 Peg 9
Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Mark Sumners 26 -12
3. A N Other 25 -12
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 36 – 8 Peg 43
Carp & F1s on Waggler & Pellet
2. John Nicholls (Millpool AC) 30 -10
3. Fred Coxon (Ringer Baits) 23 -12
4. Luke Simcox (Smithys) 22 – 8
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS LEAGUE
1. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 14 -13 Peg 12
Roach & Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Mick Wheatley (Drennan) 13 – 0
3. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 12 – 0
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 10 -14
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Aidan Mansfield (MAP) 135 – 9 Peg 7
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Lee Heaven (Greyhound AC) 94 -10
3. Dan Eaton (DS Pole Floats) 74 -14
4. Shane Whittaker (Middy/Bagem Baits) 65 -11
MOLANDS The lake and venue record were broken during Wednesday’s Open with Jon Newton catching 289lb 14oz of big F1s from peg 23 and it could have been more as Jon went over in four nets. Long pole with maggot fished shallow between 12 inches and two feet down. was his successful tactic and this has been the best approach on most areas. Maggot feeder fished down the middle and pellet feeder fished tight to the island have also accounted for plenty of F1s as well.
GEARYS Fished ok through the week but sport dropped at the weekend with the cooler conditions turning the carp off the feed. Nets to nearly 100lb were caught on pole fished pellet or bomb and 8mm pellet. Decent catches of skimmers are coming to pole fished maggot, caster or soft pellet over ground bait.
LITTLE GEARYS In good form this week with catches to nearly 200lb caught and 100lb weights to back it up. Maggot has been working best with long pole fished shallow, maggot feeder or down the margins later in the day all working well. The middle of the straights on pegs 7 – 15 and 25 – 30 have been the best areas.
GRATUITIES Good sport to be had fishing maggot or caster down the middle with lots of skimmers, crucians, roach, perch and the odd decent carp coming to this. The bigger carp are coming to bomb and pellet fished tight to the island or waggler and punched bread.
ANNIVERSARIES There have been nets of F1s to over 90lb caught this week with pellet, maggot or caster on the pole or a small maggot feeder working well. The best pegs have been
2 – 6, 10, 17, 19 and 23.
SIBLINGS A Quite tough on Siblings A with nets to around 40lb made up of carp, F1s, ide and skimmers. Punched bread fished across to the island is picking up the better fish but generally maggot fished down the middle has given lots of bites.
SIBLINGS B The best weight in a match came off during Wednesday’s Rover with Dan Tresigne catching 171lb 8oz of F1s from peg 10 made up of 100 fish and caught on maggot shallow at five metres with a few coming down the edge later on. The end of the pool from pegs 7 – 12 has been the best area.
WILLOW Decent fishing this week with carp to double figures, F1s and crucians showing well. Pole fished pellet tight to the island on the pegs that you can reach, shallow maggot and down the margins with pellet, corn or worm have all worked well this week.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN IS NOW A ROVER MATCH.
Draw 10.30am, fish 12pm to 5pm (from 30th October 9.30am draw, fish 10.30am – 3.30pm).
SATURDAY 26th OCTOBER – OPEN – ROVER ON ALL POOLS
(EXCEPT GEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS)
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 27th OCTOBER – WINTER LEAGUE – ROUND 1
OPENING AND CLOSING
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT DUSK (7pm).
PLEASE NOTE: FROM MONDAY 28th OCTOBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE AT 5pm. WINTER PRICES – £6.00 FULL AND £5.00 CONCESSIONARY.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.