Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 months ago by geepster.
02/10/2022 at 12:20 pm #316763
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
MATCH RESULTS AND FISHING REPORT – WEEK ENDING 25/9/22
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/WILLOW)
1. Paul Deeming (Packington) 63 -14 Peg 45 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on pole and pellet
2. Maurice Clark (Attleborough AC) 50 – 5
3. Chris Phillips (Packington) 34 – 5
4. Derek Hartshsorn (Swann Baits) 31 -14
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 169 -12 Peg 12
Carp on waggler and pellet
2. John Burchell (Packington) 119 – 8
3. Dave Roberts (Packington) 86 – 9
4. Paul Owen (Packington) 64 – 2
PACKINGTON VETS (LITTLE GEARYS/SIBLINGS)
1. Tony Rowe (Wolvesley AC) 92 – 7 Peg 15 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on pole & paste
2. Mark Sumnes (Ridgemere AC) 68 – 9
3. Roy Beasley (Packington) 65 -11
4. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 63 -12
KING OF GEARYS FINAL (GEARYS)
1. Max Higgott (Burt Baits) 116 -10 Peg 18
Carp on bomb & pellet)
2. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 109 – 3
3. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 92 -11
4. David Haynes (DHP) 90 -14
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. John Burchell (Packington) 135 – 15 Peg 7
Carp & F1s on bomb/waggler & pellet
2. Mark Russell (Smithys) 100 – 8
3. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 60 -12
4. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 51 – 1
TORNADOES AC (MOLANDS)
1. Wayne Marshall 52 – 8 Peg 46
Carp on waggler & pellet
2. Norman Davies 51 – 8
3. Nigel Smith 45 – 8
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Steve Daley (Ridgemere AC) 81 – 8 Peg 10 SIBLINGS B
Carp and F1s on paste & pellet/caster
2. Neil Carless (Ridgemere AC) 75 – 0
3. Pete Heaven (Packington) 60 – 3
4. Lee Davis (Ridgemere AC) 48 -13
MOLANDS Fished well through the week with match nets to nearly 170lb but slowed down after the frosts at the weekend. The top tactic at the moment is to fish across to the island with method/pellet feeder, waggler or bomb with 8mm pellet and down the margins later in the day with banded 6mm pellet, caster or corn. Carp to over 20lb were caught by pleasure anglers fishing boilies with tuna or strawberry the top flavours at the moment and there were still fish being caught off the top with oily floaters.
GEARYS Steady this week with nets to around 110lb best but plenty of decent sized carp being caught up to 21lb. In the matches bomb with pellet, method feeder to the middle stumps and down the margins with worm, dead maggot or pellet. Carp anglers are fishing PVA bags with boilies or corn. Best pegs have been from 11 to 21.
LITTLE GEARYS Although nets to over 130lb were caught, it was very patchy on LG this week. The fish still want to feed up close to the island or down the margins. A small pellet feeder/method feeder, waggler with 6mm pellet and bomb with 8mm pellet have all worked well across to the island and down the margins, caster, worm or pellet fished over ground bait. Carp to nearly 20lb were weighed in during the match this week.
GRATUITIES Fished ok with mixed nets of F1s, small carp, crucians, skimmers and the odd tench coming out to maggot, caster or expander pellet fished down the middle. A small feeder to the island is catching a few carp up to double figures.
WILLOW Nets to around 50lb this week with carp to double figures and F1s to 4lb. Fishing tight to the island with a feeder or waggler and down the margins with pellet, paste, corn or worm have been the best tactics.
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
ANNIVERSARIES Pegs 1 – 6 and 17 – 21 have been in the best form with the F1s producing best of the action. Pole fished pellet or caster or on the deck or shallow has been the best bet in the open water and 6mm hard pellet, waggler or bomb has been working well too.
SIBLINGS A Fished ok at times this week with carp to 12lb and F1s to 6lb featuring in catches. Pole up to the island with corn, punched bread and dead maggot have been working well. Later in the day switch to the margins with similar baits.
SIBLINGS B Lots of F1s from 1 – 4lb being caught on maggot and pellet on the deck and shallow. The carp are showing better with fish to 10lb featuring in nets with corn, pellet or bread dobbed across to the far side reeds.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 12pm, fish 1.30pm until 6.30pm.
SATURDAY 1st OCTOBER – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 4.30pm.
SUNDAY 2nd OCTOBER – OPEN – SIBLINGS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 4.30pm
FISHERY OPENS AT 7.00am
DAY TICKETS £10.00/CONCESSIONARY TICKETS £8.00.
(£2 extra for 2 rods)
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.