Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months, 1 week ago by geepster.
02/09/2020 at 7:51 am #315503
MOLANDSPACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 30/8/2020
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 60 – 8 Peg 33
Carp on Method Feeder
2. Roy Beasley (Packington) 57 -13
3. Allan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 45 – 4
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 41 -14
LANES BAIT OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Phil Canning (NuFish) 267 – 1 Peg 13
Carp on Pole & Pellet – NEW LAKE RECORD
2. Baz Byrd (Casemore Baits) 133 – 9
3. Pete Caton (Drennan) 110 – 5
4. Neil Caton (Ridgemere AC) 103 – 2
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 166 – 13 Peg 44
F1s on Pole & Caster Shallow
2. Andy Cleaver (WMPAC) 81 -10
3. John Burchell (Packington) 67 – 8
4. Dave Neal (Lanes Bait) 64 – 0
PACKINGTON VETS (LITTLE GEARYS/ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 143 – 1 Peg 17 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole & Paste
2. Steve Stokes (Packington) 81 -10
3. Ray Quiney (Packington) 75 – 9
4. Bury McGann (Packington) 73 – 5
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 108 -11 Peg 19
Carp & F1s on Bomb/Pellet & Pole/Caster
2. Baz Byrd (Casemore Baits) 87 – 6
3. Stu Palmer (Guru) 75 -10
4. Max Higgott (Burt Baits) 74 -10
BEAUFORT AC (SIBLINGS A)
1. John Lea 15 – 0
2. Tom Keating 14 -10
3. Bernard Boland 12 -12
MILLPOOL AC (MOLANDS)
1. Grant Merrett 103 -12 Peg 23
Carp & F1s on Method Feeder
2. Pete Caton 95 -12
3. Charlie Merrett 69 -13
4. John Nicholls 66 – 5
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS)
1. Phil Canning (NuFish) 92 – 8 Peg 2 SIBLINGS A
Carp & F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Pete Heaven (Greyhound) 80 -10
3. Carl Barnfield (Packington) 74 -13
4. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 63 – 8
MOLANDS A little patchy this week with the very cool and changeable weather making the fishing a tougher. Carp to over 20lb and F1s to 10lb have featured in nets along with tench, skimmers and plenty of silvers. Match weights have been to 166lb with caster, shallow on the pole working best for F1s and bomb/pellet or method feeder accounting for the carp. Pleasure anglers have found boilies fishing tight across to the island has produced the bigger carp.
GEARYS The lake match record was caught early in the week with Phil Canning catching 267lb from peg 13 and all afternoon the fish were caught on short pole and pellet. Generally
the fishing has been very good with plenty of 100lb+ catches and bomb and pellet/method feeder or pole fished 6mm pellet have all worked well. Best areas have been pegs 9 – 13, 16 – 21 and
LITTLE GEARYS In decent form for most of the week but fished slower at the weekend with the much cooler temperatures. There have been match weights to 140lb along with some decent back up catches from all around the pool. Shallow tactics have been best with caster or pellet on the jigger or pellet waggler all producing fish. Fishing down the margins with paste or meat has also been working well later in the day.
ANNIVERSARIES Showed some good form this week with nets to nearly 100lb made up of carp and F1s. Paste or pellet on the pole fishing up to the numerous features has been best for the carp with simple tactics working in the open water for the F1s.
WILLOW Plenty of carp from 5 – 12lb were caught, either off the top on bread or dog biscuit or down the margins with corn, worm or paste. F1s to 4lb also featured but shallow tactics were better for numbers of these.
SIBLINGS A The carp switched on towards the weekend with fish to double figures coming to corn, pellet or caster fished down the margins or up to the next peg. There were plenty of F1s and silvers also coming to caster or maggot fished shallow down the middle.
SIBLINGS B Very consistent with nets to around 80lb and good back up weights. Mainly F1s but more carp were found this week and pellet, caster or paste fished down the middle or in the margins accounted for the better nets.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – MOLANDS
DRAW 1pm, FISH 2.30pm to 7.30pm.
SATURDAY 5th SEPTEMBER – OPEN – GEARYS
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 4pm.
SUNDAY 6th SEPTEMBER – OPEN – MOLANDS 1 – 29
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 4pm.
PLEASE NOTE: ANGLERS MUST PHONE TO BOOK IN AT THE LODGE 24 HOURS
BEFORE MATCH. WE EXPECT ALL VISITORS TO ADHERE TO THE
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURE IN PLACE.
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT 9pm.
DAY TICKETS £9.50 AND CONCESSION £7.50 WITH OTHER PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE FISHERY IF SHOWING ANY SYMPTONS OF CORONAVIRUS
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.