Tagged: packington somers
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 5 months ago by geepster.
07/09/2021 at 9:47 am #316155
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
MATCH RESULTS AND FISHING REPORT – WEEK ENDING 5/9/21
BANK HOLIDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. John Burchell (Packington) 110 – 3 Peg 17
Carp & Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Steve Allen (Tornadoes) 108 -14
3. Max Higgot (Burt Baits) 86 – 6
4. Adam Godwin (Packington) 59 -14
1. Billy Hawkes (Lucas) 74 – 5 Peg 11 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 67 -15
3. Keith Guest (Packington) 61 – 3
4. Steve Stokes (Packington) 50 – 5
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Mark Sumners (Ridgemere) 58 – 4 Peg 31
Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 56 -14
3. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 39 – 1
4. John Burchell (Packington) 25 – 6
1. Dave Hipkiss (Ridgemere) 55 – 0 Peg 5 WILLOW
Carp & F1s on Pellet Feeder
2. Mick Gibbs (Chiltern Baits) 46 -12
3. Alan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 36 – 2
4. Ray Evans (Packington) 34 – 2
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Dave Elliott (Packington) 82 – 4 Peg 20
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Keith Vaughan (Packington) 67 -14
3. Ian Coxon (Mill Pool AC) 67 -12
4. Ron Taylor (Packington) 60 – 2
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS B)
1. Phil Canning (NuFish) 143 -15 Peg 11
F1s on Pole & Caster Shallow
2. Steve Pearce (PTI) 40 – 7
3. Pete Vernon (Packington) 31 – 8
4. Adam Godwin (Packington) 28 – 0
MILLPOOL AC (GEARYS)
1. Pete Caton 110 – 7 Peg 23
Carp on Bomb/Pole & Pellet
2. Alan Walton 65 – 8
3. Paul Coste 60 -10
4. Dave Lewis 48 – 5
MOLANDS Very tough this week with the brown algal bloom putting off the F1s from feeding and it has been the carp that have made up any better catches. Carp to 20lb have been caught on boilies fishing up to the island by pleasure anglers and in the matches bomb/waggler with pellet to the island or down the middle with big pellets on the pole have been the best tactics. Most consistent pegs have been 12 – 19, 29 – 35 and 40 – 48.
GEARYS Fished well this week with match weights to over 100lb and decent back up catches and the pleasure anglers reported catching up to 20 carp in sessions. The match anglers found bomb with pellet or fishing down the margins with dead maggot or corn successful. Pleasure anglers caught off the top on dog biscuit or boilies fished over spod mix.
LITTLE GEARYS F1s to 4lb showing all around the pool but the fishing has been a little slower this week. Method feeder/pellet feeder to the island, on the deck or fishing shallow long on the pole or down the margins with paste, corn or 6mm pellet have been the best tactics. Carp to 17lb have been caught off the top when the weather became much warmer at the weekend.
GRATUITIES Carp to 15lb featured in catches last week with plenty around the 3 – 6lb mark showing. The far side has been better from pegs 9 – 15 and surface tactics or waggler with pellet or caster has worked well. There were some nice nets of silvers to be had on maggot or caster as well.
ANNIVERSARIES Like most of the pools at the moment it is a little hit or miss with the F1s fishing slow one day then feeding well the next. Caster, pellet or maggot fished over micros or on the deck or with shallow tactics have accounted for nets to 60lb this week. The better carp are showing at the far end on pegs 1 – 6, 10 and 21 – 23 with fish to 16lb caught this week.
WILLOW Steady sport with nets to around 50lb of carp, F1s and silvers coming to waggler/pellet or feeder to the island and shallow pole with pellet or maggot. The bigger carp are coming later in the day fishing down the edges with paste or big pellets with fish just into double figures.
SIBLINGS A Patchy, but if you are on the fish it has been really good sport with some nice carp showing into double figures and F1s to 5lb. Fishing down the margins has been best with corn, paste or big pellet fished over micros.
SIBLINGS B The fish are holding in or around the reeds at the moment and fishing tight up to them across the far side has seen the better nets to over 100lb. Caster or pellet dobbed around the reeds or on a ‘jigga’ float has been the best approach.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 1pm, fish 2.15pm to 7.15pm.
SATURDAY 11th SEPTEMBER– OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, Fish 10.30am to 4.30pm.
SUNDAY 12th SEPTEMBER – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS AND WILLOW
Draw 9am, Fish 10.30am to 4.30pm.
FACE MASKS ARE NOT MANDATORY BUT WE DO ASK ANYONE ENTERING THE LODGE TO WEAR ONE TO PROTECT OUR STAFF AND OTHER CUSTOMERS.
FROM MARCH 1st TICKET PRICES WILL BE £10 FOR A FULL DAY TICKET AND
£8.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
GATES OPEN AT 7am, CLOSES AT 8pm.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.