PRESTONS 2G-TEN

Home Forums Fishing Fly Fishing PRESTONS 2G-TEN

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by TF_ndm3108.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

coops
      Participant

Has anyone got one of these poles? Thinking about getting one and would grateful for any info cheers Coops

Anonymous

Out of interest coops how come your thinking of changing your tourny pro for one of these???

Steve

coops
      Participant

Steve its not a certainty but i feel the torny pros sections feel a little flimsy and im a little heavy handed. Why would you recommed something else?

Anonymous

I use a pro aswell mate, been using it for just over 3 months now, hada daiwa tournament 210 before that, now that was flimsy but then again wasnt designed for commercial work. I tried a 2 g-10 and a garbo super g10 when buying my pro, my personal opinion was that the TP was the pole that best suited me. i wouldnt describe the pro as flimsy to be honest, and im not gentle with my poles by any means. Have you had a breakage or something that has made you lose confidence in the pole at all? When you get into this price bracket all the poles are very very good as you’d expect, i just dont think you’d gain anything by swapping to a preston 2g10

Steve

Anonymous

I have one, a 2G ten that is been very pleased with it. after a no 5 broke on its first use, which was clearly a fault or damage in transit, i was very unsure about its strength but have now caught a lot of fish with it and it is good. a few local anglers bought at the same time and had early breaks but are now using ok. would recomend only getting match and power top 2 dont like the short stops on it. i only use short 4’s

coops
      Participant

thanks for your view steve its much aprecated

coops

TonyJ formerly Blunthook

coops get a garbo super G10 you know it makes sense.

TF_Chum Mixer
      Participant

coops I have a mate who has a 2G10 and I think its more flimsy than my Pro, not sure you’d be any better off having handled one personally.

TF_ndm3108

I believe that it wont be long before a new preston pole comes out the GiS12 I believe.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.