Anglers are being invited to attend the Angling Trust Coarse Fish Conference 2014
May 28th 2014
South Street Arts Centre
The 2014 Angling Trust Coarse fish conference is aimed at coarse anglers, fishing clubs and riparian owners, to provide inspiration and practical guidance to improve coarse fish stocks in rivers and stillwaters.
All over the country ‘catchment host’ groups have been appointed and funded by DEFRA to help bring together stakeholders and begin planning habitat improvements on rivers and lakes at a catchment level. Supported by the Environment Agency, these groups have a key part to play in the restoration of our rivers and stillwaters.
This is an exciting time and it’s important that angling is at the forefront of this movement, to help ensure that fish stocks and angling interests are a key part of the planning.
This Conference will guide anglers, angling clubs and riparian owners in how this new catchment based approach can work and how to get involved.
There will be presentations covering “hands on” habitat improvement skills and methods, examples of succesful angling club led projects and guidance on how to create a fishery improvement plan as part of a larger catchment approach.
If you are angler or angling club who loves their waters and want to do everything they can to improve and protect them, then this conference is for you.
Full details of the itinary will be published when all speakers are confirmed however the outline of the day is below.
• 10.30am – 10.50am Registration
• 11.00am – 11.15am Welcome from Mark Lloyd, Angling Trust CEO
• 11.15am – 11.45am The Catchment Based Approach – Arlin Rickards, Rivers Trust CEO
• 11.50am – 1.30pm Presentations and Q&A on river habitat and fish stock issues
• 1.35pm – 2.15pm LUNCH (buffet lunch included as part of delegate fee)
• 2.20pm – 3.25pm Presentations and Q&A on stillwater habitat and fish stock issues
• 2.55pm – 3.25pm Creating a Fishery Improvement Plan – Barry Bendall, Rivers Trust
• 3.25pm – 3.50pm Wide ranging Q&A hosted by Martin Salter, Angling Trust
For more details and to book your place at this fantastic event, please just click this link Coarse Fish Conference BookingOr contact John Cheyne on firstname.lastname@example.org