STARLETS VETS CADENCE FISHING UK WINTER LEAGUE – CHRISTMAS MATCH
1. Graham Swift (Packington Vets) 31 -14 Peg 8 LITTLE GEARYS
2. John Lowe (Tornadoes) 31 – 2
3. Graham Newey (Packington Vets) 29 – 1
4. Dave Elliot (Packington) 27 – 8
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER
1. Jon Newton (Smithys) 51 -12 Peg 15 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole And Maggot
2. John Burchell (Packington) 32 – 2
3. Dan Lee (Packington) 20 – 4
4. Carl Hopps (Smithys) 17 -12
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Ray Durant (Ridgemere AC) 27 – 5 Peg 48
F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 27 – 4
3. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 25 – 6
4. Steve Stokes (Packington) 21 -10
SATURDAY OPEN – ROVER
1. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 30 – 4 Peg 44 MOLANDS
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Dave Elliott (Packington) 18 – 0
3. Mark Sidwells (Packington) 15 – 0
4. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 14 -12
PACKINGTON SOMERS CHRISTMAS MATCH – ALL POOLS
1. Ray Durant (Ridgemere AC) 45 -12 Peg 33 GEARYS
Carp on Bomb & Bread
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 36 – 0
3. Carl Hopps (Smithys) 33 -12
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 24 – 8
5. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 24 – 6
6. Gary Venner (Packington) 20 -12
MOLANDS The very cold and changeable conditions have really made sport difficult on Molands with the F1s switching off. Nets to around 30lb have been the best of the action with maggot feeder/pole and maggot and bomb with bread the best tactics to try.
GEARYS Like all of the pools it has been patchy on Gearys with the fish shoaling tight now the temperatures are really low. Carp to double figures were caught with bomb and bread the stand out tactic for them. Nets to 20lb of silvers were caught with ground bait feeder and maggot or pole fished caster/maggot over ground bait working best.
LITTLE GEARYS The conditions have taken their toll on Little Gearys with the F1s not liking the very changeable weather over the past week. Carp to 15lb, however, did feature in nets to 40lb with bread fished to the island, either on the waggler or straight lead. Maggot feeder was the best tactic for F1s.
ANNIVERSARIES The fish are still holding up in the open water with pegs 6, 17, 19, 21 and 23 providing nets of F1s to 30lb. Maggot feeder or long pole with maggot or expander pellet working best.
GRATUITIES The most consistent pool at the moment with carp showing on most pegs, particularly the end pegs, 1, 8, 9, 15 and 16 with bomb and bread or pole fished corn over micros. There have been decent nets of skimmers also coming to maggot or pinkies fished over ground bait.
SIBLINGS A Still very clear and fishing quite hard. Nets to around 25lb have been caught with bread dobbed around the peg the best approach. Expander pellet or maggot fished down the middle is catching a few F1s and silvers too.
SIBLINGS B Pegs 7 – 10 have produced the best fish with carp and F1s in nets to 20lb caught. Dobbing bread along the far bank or pellet/maggot fished down the middle has been the best approach.
WILLOW Waggler or a small feeder fished tight to the island has produced carp to 4lb and F1s to 3lb but like all of the pools this week it has not been easy. Pegs 1 – 5 have been the better pegs.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER MATCH ON ALL POOLS.
Draw 9.30am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SATURDAY 21st DECEMBER – OPEN – ROVER ON ALL POOLS.
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 22nd DECEMBER – WINTER LEAGUE.
OPENING AND CLOSING
FROM MONDAY 28th OCTOBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND
CLOSE AT 5pm. WINTER PRICES ARE £6.00 FULL AND £5.00 CONCESSIONARY.
WE WOULD LIKE TO WISH EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR. WE WILL BE CLOSED ON CHRISTMAS DAY, BOXING DAY AND NEW YEARS DAY.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).