Thursday 9th February 2012 Daiwa Hallcroft Veterans Open
Bridge Pool (14 Pegs)
1. C Perry (Sensas Mansfield), 21-8-0; peg outer 49
Colin Perry fished on the pole at 12m up towards the ice, where he caught 1 small carp and 10 skimmer bream on single maggot over loose fed pinkies to win today’s match.
2. R Holmes (Notts AA), 7-1-0; peg outer 30
Roger Holmes took second spot with skimmers also caught using maggot on a long pole line.
3. B Sullivan (Maltby), 4-14-0; peg island 8
Brian Sullivan fished a waggler with casters and pinkies to catch skimmers and perch for third spot.
4. A Payling (Peg One), 4-6-0; 5 P Topham (Retford), 3-8-0;
Saturday 11th February 2012 Daiwa Hallcroft Open
Moat/Bridge (20 pegs)
1. G Wilde, Barnsley, peg M Isl 65 11-1-0
Following a night where the temperature dropped to minus 9 degrees, even the aerators struggled to keep much ice free water. Anglers were pegged in ice free areas on both lakes. Geoff Wilde netted two of the four carp he hooked, using a bomb with hair rigged corn fished towards the edge of some ice.
2. J Masson, Maver Marukyu, peg B Isl 19 9-3-0
Jamie Masson fished the pole at 13m using single maggot over a few pellets to catch enough bream for second place overall.
3. D Slaymaker, Bait Tech, peg M Outer 86 7-0-0
Don Slaymaker took third spot with a few skimmers caught on bomb and pinkie fished up to the ice.
4 N Watson, Louth, 5-10-0
5 B Holmes, Fox Trentmen, 4-15-0
6 S Clark, Mansfield Sensas, 3-5-0
Sunday 12th February 2012 Daiwa Hallcroft Open
Moat/Bridge (27 pegs)
1. P Bagshaw, Maver, peg M Isl 67, 17-6-0
When a large lump of ice moved at 3pm, Pete Bagshaw was able to cast further to his left where he netted 2 carp in the last 20mins using bomb and corn tactics to win today’s open.
2. S Gray, Worksop, peg B Isl 9, 16-6-0
Stuart Gray fished the pole at 13m using maggot over micro pellet to catch skimmers to 2lb in his second place net.
3. D Oldham, MAP Leegem, peg B Isl 12, 11-10-0;
Daz Oldham took third spot also with a net of skimmers, but caught using fluoro Pinkies over pellets.
4. G Mumby, MAP Leegem, 10-10-0
5. B Sullivan, Maltby, 9-8-0
6. S Twigg, MAP Leegem, 7-12-0