The England A Casting Team have come home with a bronze team medal from the Long Casting World Championships in Belgium, with Andy Copping narrowly missing out on an individual bronze medal finishing in 4th place for the England A team in the individual category.
There was some drama when England A team member Jay Lee suffered an arm injury after the second round of Day 1 and had to return home and so the team carried on competing with only 4 out of their 5 casters.
Eleven different countries fielded teams from as far away as Japan and Argentina competing alongside the European entries. The event took place over 4 days and each day the entrants had 5 casts with a different weight starting at 175g on day 1, through 150g, 125g and then 100g on day 4.
The final results were;-
1. Italy A – 4 points (Gold)
2. Argentina A – 8 points (Silver)
3. England A – 13 points (Bronze)
1. Alessio Massa – Italy A (Gold)
2. Danny Moeskops – Belgium (Silver)
3. Roberto Perugini – Italy A (Bronze)
Team England Placings
• Andy Copping – England A – 4th
• lan Varley – England A – 9th
• Jamie Blakeman – England B – 14th
• Lee Adams – England B – 18th
• Duane Lockwood – England B – 28th
• Stephen Boyt – England A – 29th
• John Hooley – England B – 30th
• Garry Dickerson – England A – 33rd
• Mike Dagnall – Individual – 39th
• Alan Bowden – England B – 43rd
• Dennis Retter – Individual – 59th
For a complete list of results visit http://emarketing.blue-leaf.co.uk/t/r-l-buttdjd-ahymitl-j/