Family Fishing in a new national and regional campaign designed around organising family-friendly events to help more people fish more often. It is being run as a partnership between the Angling Trust and Get Hooked on Fishing, and is supported by the Environment Agency.
We’re taking a very broad definition of ‘family’ – it’s what it means to you.
At Family Fishing-friendly venues around England
The first kick-off event is to be held at the Get Hooked on Fishing location in Northolt & Greenford Country Park in Ealing, London on Friday 18th April. Other regional events will then take place throughout the summer – see the events diary at the end of this article for full details.
Have a go sessions for beginners and returning anglers will be led by Angling Trust qualified and licensed coaches.
Top tips sessions for existing anglers from expert anglers under the supervision of qualified and licensed Angling Trust coaches.
Fishing is the key to the great outdoors. We’d like to create a fresh understanding of fishing and anglers.
A Family Fishing flagship event will:
- Be fun for all the family at a safe, family-friendly venue.
- Be held at venues with car parking, refreshments and toilets and be fully accessible to all.
- Encourage those new to fishing to try our Have a go sessions.
- Have Top tips and expert advice on hand so that existing anglers can improve their skills.
- Have other family-friendly activities available – fun for all the family!
- Have signposts to further Family Fishing-endorsed activities with the Angling Trust and Get Hooked on Fishing, plus advice about the next steps to take up fishing more often.
The launch event on Friday 18th April at Get Hooked on Fishing in Northolt & Greenford Country Park in Ealing will be attended by well-known anglers such as Keith Arthur and Dean Macey who are both Angling Trust Ambassadors and also very involved with supporting Get Hooked on Fishing too. There will be plenty of other activities too with other groups attending on the day such as the local Model Boat Club, angling clubs, face painters, bouncy castle, Woodland Hawking, Dogs Trust and more…