NATIONAL FEDERATION OF ANGLERS
(Membership Services and Sport Development)
Salary £22,000 to £25,000 per annum
We are looking for an experienced professional to head our Central Office currently based at Egginton,
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and dedicated individual with organisational skills and management flair who will be responsible for ensuring the development of high-quality services to our membership and support for the Board of Directors in their sport development plans.
Strong leadership plus excellent interpersonal and team-building skills are required together with the ability to support and motivate staff and volunteers towards meeting objectives through sound management. You will be expected to be able to provide support and advice to member clubs. You will also need to develop a good working relationship with a number of external partners with whom the NFA needs to co-operate in delivering a range of coaching activities.
Candidates should preferable hold a degree in a business management discipline, coupled with a minimum of five years experience in a business office environment. You should be a good communicator, comfortable in dealing with a variety of individuals and groups from member clubs, volunteers, community groups and external partners. You will need to be flexible, dedicated and prepared to work outside normal office hours where that proves necessary. Supervisory and budgetary management experience are essential, as is the ability to work as part of a team.
These are exiting times for angling in general and the NFA in particular. Our closer working relationships with Sport England and the opportunities to link with the developing County Sports Partnerships offer openings for angling to gain wider recognition for its ability to address a range of social problems. In turn, this should lead to better access to public funds. As the NFA’s Executive Manger, you would be at the forefront of this development.
Further details may be obtained by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the post should be made by letter accompanied by a full CV. They should be sent to NFA, Halliday House, Egginton,
Closing date: 29 October 2004.
TITLE: Executive Manager (Membership Services and Sport Development)
LOCATION: Based primarily at the NFA’s Central Office, currently at Egginton,
RESPONSIBLE TO: The President (the Chairman of the Board of Directors)
· Work with the Board Directors to develop plans that allow the NFA to meet appropriate targets, particularly those identified as important by Sport England.
· Line-manage all paid staff and monitor the work of those staff.
· Encourage staff to play an active role in suggesting changes in procedures that will lead to greater efficiencies.
· Identify skills gaps and training needs of paid staff and volunteers.
· Arrange workforce development training as appropriate.
· Oversee the development and maintenance of administrative procedures that respond to the needs of the organisation whilst improving cost effectiveness.
· Develop procedures for responding timely and effectively to correspondence/emails and telephone calls addressed to Central Office.
· Oversee the maintenance of a record of all such correspondence received and the actions taken in response.
· Maintain records of activities in achieving aims of the Development Plans.
· Produce regular reports for the Board of Directors on:
a) Central Office activities.
c) Achievements relating to Development Plans.
· Oversee the development and maintenance of a computerised bookkeeping and accounting system that is capable of providing financial activity reports for all and any areas of activity.
· Adopt a pro-active role in working with others to develop a rigorous budgetary control system that minimises the risk of annual expenditure exceeding income.
Marketing the NFA
· Adopt a pro-active role in working with others to develop strategies and material aimed at promoting the work of the NFA.
· Be prepared to work away from Central Office as required in order to promote/represent the NFA.