Last year saw our most well attended Nationals for nearly a decade and in line with this continued success, the Angling Trust is thrilled to announce the Angling Trust Feeder National, which will take place on the Gloucester Canal on Sunday 23rd August 2020.
The format for the competition will follow International rules as closely as possible and will be a teams of six event, with a £120 entry fee. All Angling Trust member clubs will be eligible to fish and the winning side will claim the opportunity to fish in the FIPS-ED World Feeder Club Championships in Either Bulgaria or the Ukraine in 2021.
Following this move the decision has also been made to shift the qualification for the FIPS-ED World Float Club Championship to a dedicated match. This will be the already well established Sensas Challenge in 2020 and qualification will go to the highest ranked English team for their chance to fish in either Slovenia or Italy in 2021.
Dates for 2020
• Sensas Challenge (World Float Club Qualification) – Sat 28th + Sun 29th March
• Team Commercial National – Lindholme Lakes (25 teams max) – Sat 25th April
• Juniors & Youth National – Packington Somers -Sat 27th June 2020
• Ladies & Disabled National – Gold Valley Lakes -Sat 18th July 2020
• Veterans (55-65yrs) & Masters (66+) National –Decoy Lakes -Wed 29th July 2020
• Individual National – Grand Union Canal (Northampton) – Sat 1st August 2020.
• Division One National – Grand Union Canal (Northampton)- Sat 15th August
• Feeder National- Gloucester Canal (World Club Feeder Qualification) – Sun 23rd August
• Division Two National – Gloucester Canal – Sat 12th September
Teams are welcomed to register their interest in the Feeder National at this early stage by emailing Sandra Johnson and application forms for all the Nationals will be available in the new year.