Evil O/T

Home Forums Fishing Coarse And Match Fishing Evil O/T

Viewing 120 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #54762

      So the ‘Evil one’ is dead, they should check her head for three 6’s 😮

    • #166271

      If I only had such thoughts I think I would have kept them to myself. RIP is more in keeping. Like or loathe we should respect.

    • #166272

      bigger balls than todays politicians and broke the unions idiology of striking if they didnt get what they wanted R.I.P

    • #166274

      It’s only been in hell for a few hours and already shut 3 furnaces.

    • #166275

      @JohnH wrote:

      If I only had such thoughts I think I would have kept them to myself. RIP is more in keeping. Like or loathe we should respect.

      Well said John, dread to think where we would be today without her. RIP Maggie.

    • #166276

      g bitch ……. good riddance !!!!!

    • #166277

      Tell the ones she made to work for a living!!!

    • #166278

      @redarmy wrote:

      bigger balls than todays politicians and broke the unions idiology of striking if they didnt get what they wanted R.I.P

      with you on that one 😉

    • #166280

      @ziggy169 wrote:

      Tell the ones she made to work for a living!!!

      Oh right …. (Modded) wonderfull , tarnish the poor catergorise them all and beat them with stick , whilst the rich get richer and greed takes over ……. (modded) wonderfull politics that.

      Who was that despot dictator from Chile she had shacked up in lavish royalty and grandeur in an upper crust area of London ?

      Bitch !

    • #166281

      echo that Dodge,

      sold all the public assets and utilities off to her get rich cronies and their ideology of unrestrained greed.
      nevertheless, she did show that a woman could equally make a strong leader, as this country’s first Woman pm.

    • #166283

      if you cant think of something good to say you really should keep quiet .

      She was a mother and grandmother – how would you feel if somebody said that about your relation on the day she died??

    • #166285

      That’s a bit like saying people should say respectful things or be quiet when someone like her personal crony Pinochet or Reagan died.
      Many ordinary people suffered or were falsely demonised under Thatcher – i dont see any public eulogies or equal respect shown for those of them that have since long departed or their children or grandchildren.

    • #166286

      Evil? no, Backbone yes, I did not agree with all of her policy’s but there is not a politician living or dead that I ever have, they are all much of a much IMO…..but she did have a backbone and I suppose that sets her apart from most, RIP.

    • #166287

      TF_Anthonywaters
      Participant

      She ruined the river Trent

    • #166289

      @Anthonywaters wrote:

      She ruined the river Trent

      Pure genius.

      lmao 🙂

    • #166290

      TF_bagging machine
      Participant

      Moderated – bad taste, sorry.

    • #166292

      in imho politics has no place on a fishing site so back to business got home early tonight and decided to make a butt indicator you know the one we used to have in the early 70s made from a lady’s hair pin and a cork found hair pin but no cork ,then i remembered that bottle of champagne ive been saving chink chink

    • #166293
    • #166300

      A coal mine will be a fitting place for her burial.
      To much bad blood to start changing my mind at this point. I was a shop steward during her reign. I still remember the blood and teeth on the road where the unmarked police laid in with battons and horses.
      All those in her favour, i hope you like your gas and electric bills etc – reap and sow spring to mind.

    • #166291

      i wonder if arthur scargill enjoyed his free luxury apartment in london, the man who took the miners into battle with her didnt do to bad did he 😡

    • #166301

      TF_geepster
      Participant

      This thread is causing the mods too much grief either stop with the swearing or it’s coming off.

    • #166307

      RIP The best PM of my lifetime, the only one that stood up for her principles and done what she honestly thought was right for this country, unlike Phoney Blair who did everything for himself and his wife

    • #166303

      I didn’t vote for her, I did not agree with her but over time I have come to realise she was correct. She won three elections and I honestly believe if she was still pm now we would not be in the mess we are in.
      At least you knew what you were in for, unlike now.
      Anyone looking back to the 70’s through rose tinted glasses? Strikes all over the place, IMF running the country, no fuel, no lights on, unable to bury the dead, rubbish in the streets, rats etc, yes it was really so much better then, not. Ken Livingston on Newsnight last night was saying how great it was. No wonder people voted for MT in droves.

    • #166304

      Death was too good for that,

    • #166305

      TF_bobby-jo
      Participant

      @lloydy1970 wrote:

      RIP The best PM of my lifetime, the only one that stood up for her principles and done what she honestly thought was right for this country, unlike Phoney Blair who did everything for himself and his wife

      you are spot on lloydy, has everyone forgotten the state of the country when she took over, power strikes, 3 day weeks, and who can forget the winter of discontent
      some of you need to get a grip

      R.I.P Maggie (the iron lady and true brit)

    • #166308

      Half of Tipton will turn in it’s grave!
      How ya doing Bill? Fishing Saturday? If you are, i will see you there mate – Pegs 48 and 49 are reserved! lol.
      Pad.

    • #166309

      Mod = Moderator/Administration.

    • #166316

      TF_andy cranes mate
      Participant

      Many of the countries ill’s can be traced back to her short termism, get rich quick policy’s.

    • #166325

      TF_andy cranes mate
      Participant

      Ding dong the witch is dead is now up to no.4 in the iTunes chart. Priceless.

    • #166327

      N/0 1 in the charts is Blair witch project 😀

    • #166332

      I firmly believe she was the right person for ther right time to sort out the horrific mess the country was in. (just think Churchill ??)
      ALSO !!!, how could a woman become the head of her political party which, at the time, was dominated by Harrovians and Etonians boys ” club” style politics. I tell you how, she must have had enough gut, balls and common sense to sway the vote in her favour from those elite ” boys”to make her head of the party. The whole Country ( the majority , anyway) must have seen the same things in her to make her PM.
      forget the politics for a moment and thing of the WOMAN. Those of you that mourn the loss of the coal faces and other, mostly inefficient, industries and had a hard time have the right to moan, but, God knows where we would now be if you all tried to run the Country the same way you then run yopur unions. I hate politics and politicians, but then who wants anarchy, free for all and Somalia style politics.
      What we need now is another leader with similar balls as Lady T to sort out the right mess we are in, all these banks fat cats would have nowhere to hide then 😉
      ” fishing” ( I must mention it to keep in the spirit of the forum 😉 )

    • #166338

      Love her or hate her she was elected Prime Minister by the masses and should be shown decency on her passing.
      There will never be another PM like her as we’re too lily-livered in this country now to elect anyone with the balls to take the big challenges on.
      RIP Mrs T – one of a kind.

    • #166339

      @steve r wrote:

      Love her or hate her she was elected Prime Minister by the masses and should be shown decency on her passing.
      There will never be another PM like her as we’re too lily-livered in this country now to elect anyone with the balls to take the big challenges on.
      RIP Mrs T – one of a kind.

      And she was stabbed in the back by her own to remove her .

      Got a feeling plenty are waiting in the wings to dish the dirt about her reign now she has passed away ………. time will tell .

    • #166340

      @Dodge wrote:

      @steve r wrote:

      Love her or hate her she was elected Prime Minister by the masses and should be shown decency on her passing.
      There will never be another PM like her as we’re too lily-livered in this country now to elect anyone with the balls to take the big challenges on.
      RIP Mrs T – one of a kind.

      And she was stabbed in the back by her own to remove her .

      Got a feeling plenty are waiting in the wings to dish the dirt about her reign now she has passed away ………. time will tell .

      The same thing happened to Julius Caesar ( stabbed in the back), that didnt make him a bad general. The truth is that, same as Julius Caesar, lady T immense power got to her head and both believed they could do no wrong. They were both wrong, eventually lost the plot and the first people to see it were the same people that initially gave her the power and so they took it away. ( the same happened to Churchill, more or less ).
      They had ” their finest hour”, they were good at it but failed to recognise when their time was up and step off of the pedistall (so, they got pushed).

    • #166342

      Anonymous

      I will tell you what Thatcher did. She split this country in half. She created a nation of haves and have knots. She created the North – South divide! She created an underclass that have struggled ever since to be part of our society. She gave great opportunity for some but she destroyed many ordanary hard working peoples lives!

      Thatcher and her Governments policies put 2 million more people on the dole in her first 8 long years in power. Less than 1.5 million in 1979 was over 3.5 million by 1987. She created a stuation where many people where prepared to work for next to nothing while many employers made massive profits. I was on a YTS sceems in 1981. £23.50 for a 40 hour working week. I use to work on Saturday on the side and double my YTS wages. Exploitation at its worst. Thatcher created that and so i hated her!

      She went to war with my City and was prepared to let us rot. We all hate her for that and she will never be forgiven! She also helped to hide the truth about the 96 fans that only went to watch a football match and ended up dead! The full truth is still to come out over Thatchers involvement in that cover up. I still hate her for this!

      She sold off all the publicly owned utilities to the private sector. This means that we now pay higher and higher gas, electric and water bills and allow these companys to make massive profis off the back of hard working people. I hate her for that!

      She closed down the mines. Closed the docks and ship yards. She dismantled most of our manufactuing industries in our country. I hate her for that!

      She crushed the Unions and made it almost imposible for the workers to strike. For some that might seem like a good thing. However, you forget that without strong unions. Having a safe place to work and a reasonable days pay for a hard days work is a thing of the past. Employment rights are being erroded all the time and the Unions are struggling to keep the balance between good working conditions and pay. Employees have very little rights because of her. I hate her for that!

      What you forget or dont know (middi) is that it was Thatchers Government that relaxed many of the rules and restrictions on banking in this country. This has over time created much of the mess we have today. You clearly dont remember the get rich quick culture of those who worked in the City banking sector in the 1980s that she created. The problems in the banking sector can be clearly traced back to Thatchers policies in the early 1980s. Some economists at the time argued that it could not continue forever. How right they where! Labour should and maybe could have done something about those policies when they where in power. It also has to be said that the Conservatives in opposition argued for even greater freedom for the banks. I hate her and the get rich quick bankers and yuppies for that!

      Thatchers policies gave many people the right to own there own homes. That could have been a good thing! However, many also lost there homes when interest rates hit as high as 15% bcause of her policies. Other policies of not building new affordable housing forced house prices up and increased the rents for the poor who cold not afford to own there own homes. Once again she created the opportunities for the well off to exploit the poor or less fortunate in our society. I hate her for that!

      I could continue but i would only hate her for those things as well. Thatcher did nothing for me except to make my life and many others ordanary hard working peoples lives even harder. RIP. I still hate her, lol

      Was she evil, Yes!

    • #166343

      I class my self as a northerner and come fr a run down council estate with hard working parents but Thatcher did nothing but good for us, as for hard workers under unions, the places with strong unions that I have worked at the workers were far from hard working and most shut down due to the one man one job ethos so companies moved the factories abroad where people were prepared to work for a living.

    • #166346

      I’ve lived under 3 governments, in 1979 labour left parliament with the country on its knees, in 1997 the Tories left with the country in a strong position, then in 2010 the Labour Party left again with the country yet again on its knees. Doesn’t take much working out does it

    • #166347

      I don’t buy this North South divide that everyone goes on about. London (inner) versus the rest is more like it, some areas in the south are equal or worse than some in the North.
      Some areas of the South West too are bad.
      If some made their fortune on the back of the liberalisation MT started, subsequent governments of all colours carried on with it. Wilson closed more mines than MT did but everyone just seems to want a simple scapegoat to blame and MT is just such an example.
      If anyone looking in the mirror this morning reflecting on their lot is not happy with it they, in the words of Robert Plant only have themselves to blame, “it’s nobodies fault but mine”.
      We all were sent to school, we all studied and took exams then embarked on careers, some made it some did not, some worked hard some did not, some were lucky some were not, some had poor qualifications but still made fortunes some did not. Why should the state bail out failure and reward lazyness? The cash has to come from somewhere that governments collect and in my opinion the vast majority should go to investments for the future, our children’s education.
      We all have the same life chances.
      JFK said “ask not what the country does for me but what I can do for my country”, just as valid now as 50 years ago.
      I was brought up in a small steel town but could see that the future was elsewhere so left and went to uni never going back apart from visits the family home. It was the hardest thing I ever did but when I visit a shudder goes down my spine that my entire life could have been wasted there. Anyone still living in a pit village blaming MT for their lot need to get a life.

    • #166349

      i also come from a very poor area of the north west but have always voted tory even though in a labour heartland they would never get in.ive always believed you get out of life what you put in not sit back and wait for something to be given.steve you say she took away even to this day most of the rights of the employee,i can assure you as someone who deals with these issues todays employees have never had as many rights its an absolute minefield for the employer and a nightmare to work with

    • #166350

      I feel really sorry for TB, still blaming someone who left mainstream politics 23 years ago for all his ills.
      Publicly owned utilitied were a disaster and if the government owned them you would be paying considerably more today.
      They were not given away, everyone had the chance to buy shares.
      The docks closed because of unions refusing to accept containerisation.
      Ship building went because it was too unionised and they refused to modernise.
      The midlands car industry closed because no one wanted to buy their cars anymore.
      The pits closed because we had to find sources of cleaner energy.
      Scargill used the miners for political ends, he could have compromised but refused.
      It was win at all costs for him he gambled everything on red and black came up.
      Unfortunately he did not gamble with his own money and continues to have a prosperous life, unlike many others, some socialist.
      Hillsborough events were very sad and no doubt SUCESSIVE GOVERMENTS have failed to address.
      I started work on £6.50 a week and was glad to have a job, I was never bitter and never felt exploited because I saw opportunity to get on and one day own the company myself.
      We live in a democracy, if we don’t like government’s they get thrown out, end of story move on.

    • #166351

      Sums it up in today’s press. Muppet out celebrating in Bristol because “she” made him redundant in 1984. So he’s going to have a drink for every year he’s been out of work since! Couldn’t make it up lol. Suppose the bleeding heart liberals and socialists will try saying he’s to traumatised to work, but nice to see he can still afford alcohol.

      Still on a positive as this is still a fishing site! Looks like the weather is finally going to break this weekend, be nice to fish without 5 layers of clothing for the first time in months!

    • #166352

      Lets drink to that, 16 degrees was mentioned for Sunday, don’t forget to pack the sunscreen!!

    • #166359

      its a wonder that some on here arent blaming maggie for the cold weather we have just had 😀 😀

    • #166344

      Nah, That was Norman Tebbit’s fault……………..!

    • #166345

      I just wonder if todays’ generation will react to the deaths of the gnomes of our Banking sector when they final reach their inevitable end.

      IMO they have handed out a far more crippling legacy not only on this country but into every corner of this planet. True the good old US of A hand a hand in it as well.

      We will all be paying for their single minded greed for a long long time, Maggie at least had known the rot had set in, can’t say I total agreed with what she did. What sucessive governments have done is worse, who can say good old Blair, or great job Mr Brown now, you have left us a great legacy….

      Hindsight is great, but was she worse than the recent lot, You/We voted her in 3 times, you few doubters need to step back, and look at today, easy to be critical if it directly affected you at the time,
      Could we have done with her now to sort a few out, at least she grasped the nettle, more than can be said for todays lot – Europe, Legislation, Banking, Immigration, tax Dodgers, Loafers, need I go on, trying to sort it now is also 20 years too late

      At least she had vision if a little too focused at times, wonder how far Cameron can see…. he certainly does not have ears or he would listen…

    • #166364

      In the light of recent events, I shall be putting a bottle of Single malt away ready for the demise of both Bliar and Brown, and I truly hope it isn’t too long before I get to crack them open…

    • #166369

      Passionate and commendable post from Trueblue , Liverpool bore the brunt of Thatchers hatred without doubt , many on here wont be aware of the full facts especially the southerners . She deffo had a “Hitler” thing going on with Merseyside and that bent cooper (Bettison ?) who has just resigned over his handling of Hillsborough ……. well the real truth will surely be coming out now about him and Thatcher 😉

    • #166370

      Anonymous

      Im not blaming Thatcher for all the wrongs of today. I blame her for much of the hardship that many people had to put up with in the 1980s because of her policies. Those who are suggesting that Thatcher was a great leader seem to be telling there own stories of doing very well in there own personal lives because of Thatcher policies and there own hard work. Im pleased for you. Well done!

      For many millions of people it was a very different story. Thatcher took away opportunity and killed off hope for many millions of hard working people. She will never be forgiven by many because she left a large part of society to rot though no fault of there own! They where hard working people like those who did ok in the Thatcher years. She is still hated by so many people 23 years after she left office and splits public opinion like no other. Thats for very real reasons!

      JohnH, that was £6.50 per week for your paper round when you where 12 years old, lol I also have a degree and now have my own business. I,ve always worked hard from the day i started my paper round, too. Im doing ok these days. Nothing to do with a helping hand from Thatcher and her policies aimed at those who have that can exploit those who have not!

      John, i,ve been though a working related tribunals and won. So, i undestand a little about the rights of an employee. That does not take away the argument that under Thatcher many of the employees rights where ignored by empolyers who felt that they could do anything for fear by employees that they would lose there jobs. You would be amazed at some of the things i was expected to do and did do to keep my jobs in the early 1980s that i would never do and would walk away from today. In 1986 i went to live in Jersey. With a very good work ethic i did very well. The big difference was full or close to full employment on that island. So, i was the star of the show in a company that needed good workers and respected employment law and the rights of the employee. When i returned to Liverpool and started work again in 1988. I was treated like crap but this time i did walk. I went back to education and got a degree. I saw both sides of the argument. To me Thatcher created the opportunity for exploitation of many hard working people in places like Liverpool. The City came back in the year after Thatcher and is a reasonable place to work and live. The hate for Thatcher and the very real fear of the Torys getting back in power was seen with increased majorities at both the council and General elections 3 years ago. Thatcher did real damage to my City and she will never be forgiven for that.

      The publically owned utlities that where sold off to private sector make massive profits every year. So, it stands to reason that they would have and would still make massive profits if they where still in the public ownership. That is, if they where run correctly. The difference being that the people would get a return in lower bills instead of those profits going to the wealthy owners of the shares!

      I,ve never understood why some people argue that it is wrong to do well for themselves if they attempt to stand up for the working man. You can have money and still be a socialist, JohnH. Scargill told the truth about what was planned for the mining industry. The Government told lies. A few years later after all the mines where gone. Scargill was proved to be right. The mines where closed because the Government could import coal from open face mines in places like Poland for cheaper. The Government also felt that Nuclar power stations would be more cost effective in the long run. Nothing to do with clearner energy! We still burn coal in some of our power stations in this country to create energy.

      In the case of my City. Thatcher is hated because of what she did. Micheal Hesletine on the other hand is quite well liked or at least respected. Although part of the same Government. He at least seemed to understand the plite of the City and its people and attempted to do something positive about it. Best Tory PM we never got.

    • #166371

      For EVIL Check out Mr Phoney Tony B-lair JUST HOW MANY DEAD IN IRAQ

      For RICH Check out Mr Phoney Tony B-liar Nice £55 million Gulfstream G550

      Nice work(Ha Ha Ha) if you can get it,

    • #166372

      Hard left councils revel in failure as it gives them ample opportunity to blame others for their own failings and the abject failure of their own warped doctrine. How lucky you live in this country and not in lovely North Korea as you’d all be beaten up or lined up and shot for not crying at the great leaders demise. Anyhow hopefully very soon you may well get your call up papers in the post. Me I’ve done my whack and have argie victories under my belt. UP THE PARAS AND GREEN ON,

    • #166373

      @piperpilot wrote:

      For EVIL Check out Mr Phoney Tony B-lair JUST HOW MANY DEAD IN IRAQ

      For RICH Check out Mr Phoney Tony B-liar Nice £55 million Gulfstream G550

      Nice work(Ha Ha Ha) if you can get it,

      Is that the bloke that decided we could afford to invade a country on the other side of the world, but we couldn’t afford to educate our kids?

    • #166374

      That’s the one and he who is totally responsible for the hoards of teenage kids now roaming around aimlessly and mostly with no respect whatsoever for anyone or anything. You can’t blame them as they were born and brought up in B-lair’s Britain.

    • #166376

      It’s all coming back to me now.

      Him the the joker brought in tuition fee’s and shortly after the Bliars bought their eldest son a £1.5m penthouse in Bristol where he was at university.

      oh, and within weeks of them introducing tuition fee’s, the joker announced £10billion over ten years for education in africa. You couldn’t make it up…

    • #166380

      LOL, number one bell end Thatcher,s son Mark would be shot dead or arrested on the spot in most countries after all the shit he has been up to !

      Thatcher,s daughter wernt too bad in the jungle though sat on her arse doing —- all ……

    • #166382

      Still waiting for somebody to explain to me that if labour are so good why in 1979 was the country nearly bankrupt and then after taking over a thriving country in 1997 did they leave us in the shit again in 2010?

    • #166384

      TF_baitchef
      Participant

      Well its quite simple really, Labour and there supporters don’t have any money, and the conservatives and there’s do.

    • #166386

      Anonymous

      Kagger TNB, you seem to revel in your own ignorance. Keep up the good work!

      piperpilot, if the Jersey Government is allowing hoards of teenage kids to roam around aimlessly and mostly with no respect whatsoever for anyone or anything. Dont blame Blair. Have a word with the chief Minister on your Island. Im sure something can be done! lol. Different world, Jersey when compared to Liverpool in 1986 or dare i say it, 2013. Your on another plannet!

      Lloydy1970, before 1979 the UK had been Governed by both Conservative, Labour and Lib/Lab Governments. We had what is described as consensus poltics.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-war_consensus . This will help you understand what happened before Thatcher became PM in 1979.

      From 1979 until John Major became PM there was a rolling back of the State! The Thatchers Government attacked almost every part of the State including the likes of the NHS with ideas of privatisation of everything that was set up after the War years to hold this country together. For decades after 1945, Britain had repeatedly relapsed into recession, moving from boom to bust. Thatchers Governments also had to deal with several recessions. It was John Major who brought this country out of the last recession before Tony Blair became PM in 1997. Things can only get better. Remember the song? Labour was not taking over a thriving country in 1997. It was just coming out of yet another recession. So, it could only get better and it did!!!

      From 1997 until 2010 the UK had the longest period of sustained growth since the industrial revolution (fact). Then, we had the banking crisis and a world recession. If you remember. Even in difficult times before the last General Election. Unemployment was kept stable at just under 1.5 million and people kept there homes. We did have some rising growth after the one and only recession in more than 13 years. So,it did look as if the Labour Government where following the correct policies. The Conservatives gained power with the backing of the Liberals and we had a double dip recession (predicted) which we are still struggling to get fully out of with some form of sustained and substancial growth. We are still waiting???

      Almost 3 years in to this Con/Lib Government and we have had another rolling back of the State. Not quite at the Thatcher Governments levels as yet. Unemployment is at 2.5 million with many under-employed and a lock on wage rises for the forseeable future. The Government are borrowing even more than we did under the last Labour Government but its not being used to create growth or wealth for the country. There is no growth to speak of and no expectation of it getting any better before 2017 according to the Governments own predictions. Are thing better than 3 years ago? Simple answer is no and the last Budget statement states that we are a long way off from things getting any better! Part of the reason why some argue for even more right wing reforms and a return to the Thatcherite policies of the 1980s should be implemented. Those right wing policies are not going to happen at the moment because too many people remember Thatcher and her nasty party!

      Cameron and the Conservatives should have won the last General Election with a massive majority based on what was going on in the UK and around the world. Main reason why the Conservatives never won the last Election with a majority is because the people dont trust the Conservatives after the Thatcher years.

      Hope that helps you to understand the history behind the politics and answers your question, Lloydy1970.

    • #166388

      So Trueblue, you don’t like it when somebody points out what a lying, hypocritical, thieving, warmongering, pack of scum were at the head of the last labour government?

      I shall endeavour to take your advice, and keep up the good work

    • #166389

      And FYI Chum I spend a lot of my time in Dulwich and was born and brought up the son of a docker in south east London. Also there are loads of Labour MP’s and supporters who are multi Millionaires if not Billionaires, And just how did Phoney Tony join them I wonder!!!!,

    • #166391

      Anyhow as you clearly rate yourself as an expert!!! what is the death toll in Iraq as Tone don’t seem to give a monkeys as he’s now earning the big bucks and swanning around the world in a luxury top of the range biz jet, Keep the red flag flying as in North Korea where the brainwashed earn £15 for a 100 hour week and can just about afford a bike,

    • #166390

      And I always thought there was more privatisation under Major than Thatcher and must have lived on a different 70s 80s and 90s. My dad alway told me the only people better off under labour are the extremely rich and the extremely poor and I’ve seen nothing to prove that wrong. In my opinion Phoney should be in jail for treason.

    • #166392

      And lets not forget that our troops and MY MATES went out a bought their own Boot’s and body armour because their kit was either fu+king rubbish and no one in so called government gave a flying F+CK SIMPLY BECAUSE IT WASN’T THEM OF THEIR FAMILY WHO WERE DOING THE DYING. Maybe Tone was saving up for his Jet,

    • #166395

      Anonymous

      Kagger TNB, if you can come up with some facts about lying, hypocritical, thieving, warmongering, pack of scum that were at the head of the last labour government. Then, i might have a clue what you are on about.

      Lies = Tory
      Hypocritical = Tory
      Thieving = defo Tory
      Warmongering = Thatcher Tory. Blair with Tory backing.
      Scum = Yes, another Tory

      Your correct, Piperpilot, there are loads of Labour MP’s and supporters who are multi Millionaires if not Billionaires. As for how Tony Blair made his money. £170,000 a time for doing speeches in the US does add up. Not quite the minimum wage but someone has to do it.

      Im sure Blair has no regrets over the 100,000+ Iraquis who where killed in the Iraq war.

      Thats correct piperpilot, our troops liked the US kit more. So, they swapped or bought there own kit instead of using the kit that was given to them! Easy to say the Government did not care. Those at the top in the armed forces should have made sure that it was available if it was needed. No questions asked!

      Thats right Lloydy1970, you keep lissening to your dad.

      OMG, it must have been so hard for you Tory lot while Blair was creating jobs, building schools and hospitals and Brown was making sure that we had the longest period in history of sustained growth. It must have been 13 years of pain and suffering to be a Tory.

    • #166397

      I would do true blue but he died in 1998.
      Blair did create jobs, jobs in the public sector that didn’t exist, that’s why we are in this mess now, 1000s of jobs being payed for by the public that are now costing the police and nurses their jobs

    • #166396

      You keep looking through your red tinted glasses then when labour get back in and the country goes bankrupt, blame Thatcher or Cameron

    • #166401

      TF_bobby-jo
      Participant

      it would be interesting to hear how labour would turn things round, (as they never seem to commit to what they would do) what cuts (if any) they would make, where would their spending come from, I suspect we would end up like another couple of euro countries begging for money off Germany when we went bankrupt
      would we be able to call our shelves Great Britain then

    • #166402

      @TrueBlue wrote:

      Kagger TNB, if you can come up with some facts about lying, hypocritical, thieving, warmongering, pack of scum that were at the head of the last labour government. Then, i might have a clue what you are on about.

      Lies = Tory
      Hypocritical = Tory
      Thieving = defo Tory
      Warmongering = Thatcher Tory. Blair with Tory backing.
      Scum = Yes, another Tory

      Right then mate.

      Lying.

      We were taken into a war on the strength of Iraq having WMD. They didn’t exist.
      Tory Bliar once said how he remembered Standing on the terraces with his dad watching Jackie Milburn – he stopped playing 4-5 years before Bliar was born. I could go on…

      Hypocritical.

      Tuition fees. This is my personal pet hate. Bliar and Brown had no plans to introduce them – you know the rest. And bringing them in whilst at the same time buying your son an expensive flat for him to live in while he’s studying…
      I wonder how much in debt the Bliars children are after graduation…

      Thieving.

      How about a government that changes the funding local government recieved from central government, so that MY council tax went up 18% one year and 15% the next. My wages didnt go up by those amounts, and neither did local government workers wages. If that isnt robbery what is?

      Warmongering.

      See above

      Scum.

      Well they’re politicians

      Just so you know mate, when I see an MP on the telly of ANY persuasion, I view them as only marginally above, on the scale of humanity, catholic priests, boy scout leaders, and people called Ian Huntley. I hate them all.

      What I would say, is that under Maggie the country lived within its means, and I find all this vitriol against an old lady who’s recently died, very distasteful.

    • #166404

      There is no distinction and no discernible difference between any of the political party’s that sit in Parliament, never has been ,never will be, anyone that thinks there is a difference needs a reality check, some of the finest thinkers in this Country choose not to vote because of this fact, they get in power on bogus promises then screw the ordinary guy over….it’s a reoccurring theme.

    • #166405

      do they still put the losing candidates in the stocks and stone them in norfolk bob 😀 😀 😀

    • #166411

      @redarmy wrote:

      do they still put the losing candidates in the stocks and stone them in norfolk bob 😀 😀 😀

      Not too sure mate, I can tell you one thing though, the village I live in is so small the Mayor and the village idiot is the same person he he. In-breeding is rife and if you do not have webbed feet your not “normal”. 🙂

    • #166420

      @Paddy wrote:

      A coal mine will be a fitting place for her burial.
      To much bad blood to start changing my mind at this point. I was a shop steward during her reign. I still remember the blood and teeth on the road where the unmarked police laid in with battons and horses.
      All those in her favour, i hope you like your gas and electric bills etc – reap and sow spring to mind.

      Quite a lot of blood on the road when the miners killed David Wilkie, a law abiding working man.

    • #166421

      you were obviously not there.
      There are no comparisons to be made.

    • #166422

      Anonymous

      David Wilkie was killed during the miners’ strike when two striking miners dropped a concrete block from a footbridge onto his taxi whilst he was driving a strike breaking miner to his workplace.

      Im sure most people will agree that it was very wrong of those two miners to act as they did. However, breaking strikes with scab workers is also very wrong. People where striking for the future of theres and there families lively hoods. Everything that they had worked very hard for!. People breaking strikes by scabing are the lowest form of human known to man without it being classed as breaking the law.

      Many disagree with striking these days but without the use of with-holding a persons labour in the case of industrial disputes. Reasonable safe working conditions and reasonable pay would never have been inplemented by greedy dont care employers and those in power. Many people would still be getting seriously injured or killed while in work and many people would be earning next to nothing for the hard work that they do.

      Some of the big unions went to fare in the 1970s and early 1980s. However, the miners strike was justified by the fact that they believed that all the mines where going to be closed by the Government. The Government under Thatcher clamed that only the least productive mines would close. Wthin a few years. There was almost no coal mines left in this country and loads of communities where distroyed. Qute a few examples of miners re-opening mines and making a good profits in this country which shows that Thatcher simply wished to crush the miners after being defeated a few years before in a different industrial dispute. Thatchers aim was to never again allow the miners to hold her and the Government to ransume by switching off the lighting. Nothing really to do with cost effectiveness or wanting clean air. She just wanted to crush Scargill and the miners unions!

      The poll tax was just another example of Thatchers conviction politics that went to fare. In that case. It was a policy to fare and she was removed. Many other policies that where badly thought out and underfunded and never implemented correctly in the case of Care in the Community!

    • #166424

      TF_caster rob
      Participant

      Tried to stay out of this bilefest for as long as possible.
      Ignoring TB’s historical and factual errors and having struggled though his latest “contribution” I can only conclude that his English teacher was on strike for a lot longer than the miners.

      If I was as ignorant of the use of my own native language as you are pal I’d write very little.
      As they say, better to be quiet and keep them guessing rather than open your mouth……………..

      “People breaking strikes by scabing are the lowest form of human known to man without it being classed as breaking the law.”

      WTF is “scabing”?

      Anyhow.

      Really?

      How does that compare with the use of bullying, force and intimidation to prevent an honest working man going about his lawful business in an attempt to earn his living?

    • #166425

      Anonymous

      Thatcher stopped almost all funding for dyslexic kids, Rob. So, i think i do ok in getting my points across given my disadvantages/disability. My politics teacher on the other hand ( a very good personal friend of John Major). While being a true Tory agreed with much of what i had to say and write on the subject of politics.

    • #166426

      TF_caster rob
      Participant

      Does that mean you have to type “dyslexically” too?

      Have you considered that a sufficient enough majority of the British electorate didn’t want the country to be held to ransom by TU barons and positively elected someone to prevent this?

      You say “the miners strike was justified”.
      Shame there was no ballot.

      Nevermind, you exemplify the left.
      Agree with democracy – so long as you win.

      Lose?

      Take to the streets.

    • #166427

      Anonymous

      Bullying, force and intimidation to prevent an honest working man going about his lawful business in an attempt to earn his living is wrong, Rob.

      Bullying, force and intimidation comes in many forms and has been used thoughout history by employers, Rob. Scab labour (and you know what im talking about when i use the word scab ) is just one of those instuments that was often used to break a strike and force employees back in to work instead of getting around the negotiating table and coming up with reasonable compromises and in some cases giving in to the workers demands. Without the use of strikes as a tool. Many industial norms of today would never have been implemented Not many employers are willing to pay more if they can get away with paying less for the same end product. So, in many cases a strike is/was the only option open to a workforce to gain what where reasonable demands. In many cases. Fairness where reasonable working conditions and pay is concerned works in both the employee and the employers benifit if compromises can be found. A happy workforce is often a profitable workforce more often than not. Even a socialist like myself does understand that if there is no profit for the owners. Then there is no use for a workforce and no wages!

      However, in the case of the miners strikes. Thatcher prepared for that strike and used every trick in the book including bullying, force and intimidation to break it and crush the miners and the unions forever. Nothing to do with fairness, compromise or negotation and everything to do with ridding herself and her Government of the power of the collective!

    • #166428

      Anonymous

      Rob, there was a show of hands and the vast majority voted in favour of strike action. Plenty of film on u-tube of the votes for strike action by the miners. Plenty of film of the bullying, force and intimidation used by Thatchers police too. Maybe not the secret ballots of today but workers dont have any power anymore, do they? Thatcher achieved what she set out to do when she took on the miners and the unions.

      Dont get me wrong on this subject, Rob. There where many strikes in the 1970s and 1980s that should never have taken place. My father was out of work more than in work while a docker in liverpool. They would strike for striking sake and that was wrong! So, something had to be done.

      The Government refused to negotiate with the miners. It did not give the miners much choice. They where simply told what was going to happen and that was that. Plenty of lies told by the Government and Scargill (does not matter about if you love or hate his politics) was proved to be right. Other than hold the country/Government to ransom what else could the miners have done?

    • #166437

      it is a wonder the practice of charity survived queen maggie’s reign as she believed in paying for what you want, if you can not afford it …go without.

      also the notion of fair trade would not have found it’s way into this country should she be still ruling. the thought of paying more just to preserve a community was against her principles. well that’s what the miners asked for and even this week, one of her ministers defended her policies on t.v., saying that no one should pay more than it is worth.

      calling her names now that she is dead does not affect her, it is her friends and family who it upsets and at a time of grieving it is wrong for them to hear/read such things.

      if you wish to protest against her try giving to charities or buying fair trade products and stating that you are doing so as an active protest against a regime that only accepted the poor so the rich had some one to work for them and make the rich look rich and powerful. (or against a woman who stole from the poor and gave to the rich… silly bitch.)

      yes, this is personnel my dad was on strike for the full year, never to work again, and died of stress related illnesses shortly after the strike ended.

    • #166442

      Pity she wasn’t here to stop the football violence on the terraces again, but maybe you think it’s there human rights to cause havoc because they have lost. Have you ever thought that we were always going to lose mines after we went into Europe and were told we had to buy a percentage of our coal and steel

    • #166444

      TF_caster rob
      Participant

      @TB:

      “The Government refused to negotiate with the miners.”

      So what was Ian MacGregor doing?

      Despite having to engage with an organization openly boasting of having “brought down” (by force) a previously democratically elected administration and threatening to do the same to the current one.

      “However, in the case of the miners strikes. Thatcher prepared for that strike”

      Maybe you hoped she’d be stupid enough not to have learned from the previous one?
      Too bloody right she was prepared, only a fool wouldn’t have been.

    • #166447

      When Thatcher came to power the country was a mess fact, no one including the government had any money so why were unions going on strike every other week trying to get more money out of the purse?

    • #166448

      TF_caster rob
      Participant

      @lloydy1970 wrote:

      When Thatcher came to power the country was a mess fact, no one including the government had any money so why were unions going on strike every other week trying to get more money out of the purse?

      Because the marxist agitators who led them were Soviet funded cold-war activists hell-bent on destroying us.
      That’s why the supine labour governments of the 70s had meekly surrendered to the ridiculous annual wage demands leading to inflation averaging around 15% and peaking at 27% under Callaghan and Healey, pushing up costs and prices, and losing our export markets to more economic and efficient manufacturers.

    • #166450

      Anonymous

      “The Government refused to negotiate with the miners.”

      “So what was Ian MacGregor doing”?

      For those who dont know. Ian MacGregor was Thatchers hired gun.

      MacGregor did what he did best, Rob. He was butchering British industry!

      First he closed down much of British steel and put 90,000 workers on the dole. That paved the way for the Government to sell off the rest of British steel to the private sector.

      MacGregor then moved onto the British coal and the writing was on the wall for the miners. 155 out of 170 deep coal mines where closed and the remainder where sold off to the private sector! Scargill predicted this when MacGregor was appointed head of the National Coal Board. There were many meetings but nothing was ever agreed in one of the most bitter industrial disputes in British history. Nice guy, that Ian MacGregor, not!

    • #166451

      TF_caster rob
      Participant

      You mean he took a loss-making taxpayer dependent basket-case and made it viable.

      I guess you were happy to have people work all week to subsidise failures instead of being properly rewarded for their own effort.

      If he “butchered” British industry in the state it was in after two decades of union rule he wouldn’t have enough to feed his dog.

      NB

      Note appropriate use of where were we’re there, their, they’re non-dyslexic attributable – basic intelligence.

      British Steel, for whom you sympathise, was losing £1.8billion p/a.
      If it touched you so deeply you could have chipped in out of your own pocket.
      Did you?

    • #166452

      Anonymous

      lloydy1970 wrote:When Thatcher came to power the country was a mess fact, no one including the government had any money so why were unions going on strike every other week trying to get more money out of the purse?

      Because the marxist agitators who led them were Soviet funded cold-war activists hell-bent on destroying us.
      That’s why the supine labour governments of the 70s had meekly surrendered to the ridiculous annual wage demands leading to inflation averaging around 15% and peaking at 27% under Callaghan and Healey, pushing up costs and prices, and losing our export markets to more economic and efficient manufacturers.

      If your going to tell it, Rob. Then, tell it the way it was. All Governments in the 1970s including Heath,s Conservative Government struggled with high inflation. There was also a political consensus between all the major political parties with an aim of having full employment in Britain. In the case of the Conservative led Heath Government (1970-74). Unemployment figures where at the highest level in over 30 years at more than 1 million. Some suggested it was much higher. Unemployment and inflaton where the two main factors behind many of the industrial disputes and unrest thoughout the 1970s.

      Nothing to do with marxist agitators or Soviet funded cold-war activists hell-bent on destroying us. People wanted safe jobs and to be able to earn enough to live on. The Unions fought for better pay, working conditions and to safegaurd jobs. Although, it is excepted that in some cases unions went to fare and did not help with the problems within the economy or Governing the country.

      You mean he took a loss-making taxpayer dependent basket-case and made it viable.

      No, Rob. He just put even more hard working people on the dole and removed there hope. Then, the Government sold off what was profitable to the private sector.

      I guess you were happy to have people work all week to subsidise failures instead of being properly rewarded for their own effort.

      Was 3,5 million unemployed a better option? I dont think so. They where crule policies in the 1980s that divided the country. There needed to be change but there had to be a better way that included everyone!

      Many people did very well under Thatcher,s Governments. However, Thatcher,s true legacy is the many millions of people who where pushed on to the scrap heap by her unjust policies. These normal hard working people had to live though that real hardship that she created. Thats why many people hate her even now. Thats why many people believe that she was evil. For that, she should have been ashamed and should have apologised!

      British Steel, for whom you sympathise, was losing £1.8billion p/a.
      If it touched you so deeply you could have chipped in out of your own pocket.
      Did you?

      As i was working in 1980. I was paying tax. So, yes. I was chipping in out of my own pocket as was every tax payer in the country. Those working in the Nationalised industries such as the steel workers and miners ect where also paying there taxes!. North-sea oil was inceasingly able to chip in to help keep people in employment. Strange thing was that it was the high price of oil that was one of the main contributors to the high rates of inflation in the 1970s and early 1980s.

      £1.8 billion p/a was a small price to pay when you take into account the extra 2.5 million people pushed on to the dole by Thatcher,s policies. The £1.8 billion is a drop in the ocean when you take in to account the cost of unemployment benefits for all those effected by the redundancies. The long term damage to the communities connected with the steel workers cost many more jobs and businesses than those who worked in just the steel industry. In otherwords, it cost much more than the £1.8 billion p/a.to close the Nationalised steel industry down. Same situation with the Nationalsed coal industry ect!

      Similar arguments and criticism of policies today. Why not create jobs by building infrastructure and a new manufacturing industries which would take people off benefits and increases taxes and growth to pay for other needed services. This created growth would then pay down the debt and pay for further investment in our country and its people. Any UK Governments 1st aim should be to have full employment with at least a reasonable living wage. 2nd aim should be that everybody should be able to afford their own home. I could continue!

    • #166458

      Anonymous

      Angling Trust = Politics, Chris 😮

    • #166461

      As a country we are skint, you might as well ask why everyone doesn’t go out and borrow the money to buy a new pole.
      Most people know any money borrowed has to be repaid, unless you are in politics when its the next administration who has the problem!!
      Labour has had to be bailed out twice in my lifetime after gross mismanagement of the public finances, unforgivable IMO.

      My final words on these posts are that we should respect the dead, buying pointless records and marching in protest gets you no where.
      Protest at the ballot box next time you are asked.
      We should support Angling trust, my club is affiliated. Its all we have as a body to fight our corner.
      £6.50 TB was my starting wage for 40 hours as an apprentice back in 1971, thankfully I had day release to my local college provided.

    • #166463

      Anonymous

      £6.50 TB was my starting wage for 40 hours as an apprentice back in 1971, thankfully I had day release to my local college provided.

      Sounds about right in 1971, John. Same basic retainer wage as a docker in Liverpool before being hired to a ship. Just over 10 years later and there where 81 apprentaships between all the trades across the whole of Merseyside. I know because i wanted/attempted to become a joiner. Thatcher,s policies once again which limited the construction industry!

    • #166466

      Apprenticeships are the future, I have made a point of recruiting 2 every 6 months for 3 years now. No business should underestimate the value of having youngsters training.
      I think it was TB (read Tony Blair) who wanted them to go to university.
      University was great for me but is not for everyone.
      It never was.
      No politician was ever perfect, I don’t think anyone achieved 100% support. If Jesus Christ came back and stood some would argue he was evil. Nothing changes, sadly some people never learn.
      Your city in the news again TB for all the wrong reasons, a 14 year old locked up for murder after being goeded into kicking a guys head in. Two of those involved also locked up along with their mother (for providing them false alibis). They also had an older brother locked up for murder last year.
      I think this is another example of a broken society after the Derby tragedy recently with the fire. All MT’s fault surely??? We need to throw more benefits at the problem clearly.

    • #166473

      Well said johnh, couldn’t agree more

    • #166474

      Match angling today has the same future as the coal mining industry , Northern communities and the City of Liverpool did under Thatcher !

      I have lost the will to live …….

      Good night !

    • #166476

      Well northern communities are still going strong.

      Last time I looked, Liverpool was still there (although i’d love it if they were in the championship).

      …and Arthur Scargill doesn’t fish. He’s too busy takig the NUM to court over the use of an expensive apartment which he thinks he should be entitled to for life – at the expense of the blokes that have payed their subs over the years.

      On that basis, we should be alright

    • #166481

      @TrueBlue wrote:

      Kagger TNB, you seem to revel in your own ignorance. Keep up the good work!

      piperpilot, if the Jersey Government is allowing hoards of teenage kids to roam around aimlessly and mostly with no respect whatsoever for anyone or anything. Dont blame Blair. Have a word with the chief Minister on your Island. Im sure something can be done! lol. Different world, Jersey when compared to Liverpool in 1986 or dare i say it, 2013. Your on another plannet!

      Lloydy1970, before 1979 the UK had been Governed by both Conservative, Labour and Lib/Lab Governments. We had what is described as consensus poltics.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-war_consensus . This will help you understand what happened before Thatcher became PM in 1979.

      From 1979 until John Major became PM there was a rolling back of the State! The Thatchers Government attacked almost every part of the State including the likes of the NHS with ideas of privatisation of everything that was set up after the War years to hold this country together. For decades after 1945, Britain had repeatedly relapsed into recession, moving from boom to bust. Thatchers Governments also had to deal with several recessions. It was John Major who brought this country out of the last recession before Tony Blair became PM in 1997. Things can only get better. Remember the song? Labour was not taking over a thriving country in 1997. It was just coming out of yet another recession. So, it could only get better and it did!!!

      From 1997 until 2010 the UK had the longest period of sustained growth since the industrial revolution (fact). Then, we had the banking crisis and a world recession. If you remember. Even in difficult times before the last General Election. Unemployment was kept stable at just under 1.5 million and people kept there homes. We did have some rising growth after the one and only recession in more than 13 years. So,it did look as if the Labour Government where following the correct policies. The Conservatives gained power with the backing of the Liberals and we had a double dip recession (predicted) which we are still struggling to get fully out of with some form of sustained and substancial growth. We are still waiting???

      Almost 3 years in to this Con/Lib Government and we have had another rolling back of the State. Not quite at the Thatcher Governments levels as yet. Unemployment is at 2.5 million with many under-employed and a lock on wage rises for the forseeable future. The Government are borrowing even more than we did under the last Labour Government but its not being used to create growth or wealth for the country. There is no growth to speak of and no expectation of it getting any better before 2017 according to the Governments own predictions. Are thing better than 3 years ago? Simple answer is no and the last Budget statement states that we are a long way off from things getting any better! Part of the reason why some argue for even more right wing reforms and a return to the Thatcherite policies of the 1980s should be implemented. Those right wing policies are not going to happen at the moment because too many people remember Thatcher and her nasty party!

      Cameron and the Conservatives should have won the last General Election with a massive majority based on what was going on in the UK and around the world. Main reason why the Conservatives never won the last Election with a majority is because the people dont trust the Conservatives after the Thatcher years.

      Hope that helps you to understand the history behind the politics and answers your question, Lloydy1970.

      Just read this from that article Steve, sound familiar

      We used to think that you could spend your way out of a recession and increase employment by cutting taxes and boosting government spending. I tell you in all candour that that option no longer exists, and in so far as it ever did exist, it only worked on each occasion since the war by injecting a bigger dose of inflation into the economy, followed by a higher level of unemployment as the next step.

    • #166489

      Anonymous

      Apprenticeships where always the future. I salute you JohnH for giving others a chance to reach there potential.

      Your correct. No politician was ever perfect. In the case of Thatcher. She got it horribly wrong for a significant part of society. Blair and Brown could and probably should have done more to right more of those wrongs but it was a long road back after 13 very long years of damaging Thatcher policies.

      Thatcher, Blair and Brown are all at fault in there own different ways for creating the type of society where a man can be kicked to death by kids for the fun of it. It does also need to be pointed out that there has always been some evil people who do horrific crimes. Always has been and alway will be and they come from all levels of society. So, its not just a case of throwing money at those kids of their families.

      The so called benefit culture is not the real problem in this country. Its the lack of employment which distroys the hope of the long term unemployed. If policies where once again followed so that everybody in our society had the opportunity of a reasonable standard of living though policies to create full employment with a living wage and the chance to live in or better still, own an affordable home. We would then start to fix many of our societies major problems.

      Taking benefits off those who are already struggling and who feel worthless and marginalised from society will never push people back in to work if there is no real work for them to do. 1 job for every 9 unemployed people does not add up to fixing the problem of welfare dependancy or getting most unemployed people back in to work!!! What about the under employed? Create enough proper jobs with a living wage. Build affordable homes and you create hope for a better future for all. The unemployed will find there way back in to work if there are enough job opportunities and then the benefit bill will be slashed to become a thing of the past, believe me!

      Yes, Lloydy1970, i know that statement, very well.

      Very different times, mate. As has already been said (It is historical fact). Inflation was the big evil in our society along with the spiralling wage demands to keep up with the basic standard of living. There was only so much that could be borrowed before that money simply ran out.

      Today, inflation is under control (Thank Brown for solving that problem). The price of oil is stable. Wage demands are low. While we do have a big deficit. We are still able to borrow massive amounts of cash at very low interest rates if we wish. Building infrastructure is an excepted way to create higher growth within an economy. Less welfare payments if jobs are created. More taxes payed to the Government if jobs are created. The country gets better infrastructure and higher growth in the economy. We also get time for the world economy to turn and the banks to sort themselves out. Win win situation as fare as im concerned!

      The down side of borrowing more is that we will still have to pay back the debt in the future. However, you cannot pay back the debt without substantial long term growth in the economy. Cutting spending on public services to a minimum only slows down the rise in the nations debt.

      This Conservative Goverment is borrowing at even higher level than ever before. Reason being because they have killed any chance for growth in the economy. Yes, even higher levels of debt than the previous Laour Government. Even after all the cuts in our public services and the drop in your basic standard of living the debt is still growing. Can you believe it? Well believe it because its true!

    • #166492

      Get real, the biggest problem for unemployment in this country is we are over crowded, Blair has allowed every Tom, Dick and Harry to come over here, some are hard working people after a better way of life and some are just after the easy life on benefits. Although many felt like slaves Thatcher bought in the YTS scheme when work was hard to get, if you worked hard got your head down it lead to better things, Blair got rid of apprentiships and wanted everyone to have the opportunity to go to college or uni, the college and uni bit very commendable but in the real world is never going to work, ask how many went on worthless courses just for the lifestyle. At least Cameron has bought Apprentiships back and given school leavers a chance.

    • #166493

      A lady(lady used very loosely) on tele last week moaning about how hard done to she was and couldn’t but her kids this and that, would have felt sorry for her if she hadn’t been smoking and covered in at least £500 worth of tattoos. Next door to me has never worked in his life and doesn’t want to, has at least 2 flat screen tele’s and game consoles, smokes fags and weed like a chimney and they are supposed to be hard done to ffs, here’s the best, the welfare came round because the kids were not going to school and he said it was because he was depressed, so they were going to send a taxi every day to pick them up, you couldn’t make it up. People lead towards going on disability because it makes the unemployment figures look better. This thread is totally pointless, we all have our beliefs and no one is going to change them, I can understand why certain communities loath Thatcher, I probably would too of I was from a mining or shipping community(although she didn’t shut as many mines as another PM, and didn’t privatise as much as Major did) but I feel totally unbiased as I’m not from any of these communities or from down south, I’m from a rough Wolverhampton estate but have the values that if you want something in life that you shouldn’t expect it, you should work for it. I also think the unions did a fantastic job in getting pay and working conditions as they should be, but power went to their heads and not allowing industry to move with the times and trying to implement one man one job in a world that was moving on fast was the main reason for the demise of industry on this country. Look how cheap TV’s and cars and such are now in comparison, we could never have lived with that in overmanned industry.

    • #166494

      Dodge, I don’t share your pessimistic view on the future of match fishing. The situation today has changed somewhat from the past when we had large matches on the Thames, Trent, Witham, Severn and the broads rivers.
      Anglers travelled miles to fish these because they had no choice as the commercials had yet to be born. At best you had a local club water where you could catch a few stunted roach and perch, carp also had yet to make an appearance.
      We all read about Ivan and his compatriots catching nets of bream and we thought that one day we too could draw on them and win a packet so off we went.
      Read the piece in current match fishing, have your say, it reads like a midlands commercial owner has written it anon. Pretty much sums things up for me, go out and enjoy what you have, it was never this good.

    • #166495

      TB the simple reason the debt is increasing is interest. Anyone who had a credit card spiral out of control, or borrowed from a pay day loan company would understand that. I think the interest we are paying is higher than the cost of educating our kids and running the MOD!
      Yes you can reduce it if you can grow the economy by;

      Boosting manufacturing to sell more products, not sure to whom we can sell anything just now though.

      Growing more but sadly our farming industry is really struggling and is only 2% of GDP, The weather and supermarkets have hit them badly too.

      Digging more out the ground or higher oil/gas extraction.

      That’s it, we cant employ more soldiers or teachers as they only add to the debt, infrastructure projects have very long paybacks and would too add massively to the debt and hence interest.

      I think we are in for years of tough times and there is no easy alternative.
      How anyone can take Ed Balls seriously I just don’t know. He was the architect of much of the above.
      When in a hole stop digging.

    • #165680

      Yepp , too many holes in the ground JohnH born by Thatchers greed and more more more , i want i want i want selfish culture , big fat greedy ugly carp everywhere …….

      it is a fishing site afterall !

      Liverpool and Manchester and Leeds and Newcastle have done very well thanks to the Labour party ……. proper northern cities with proper people , Thatcher was an abhorent dictator who thankfully got her comeupance , the south and parts of the midlands are welcome to her and her legacy.

      Lloydy deffo has the hots for the ugly bitch …….. i think i need to pop on FB 😀 😉 x

    • #166432

      Dodge love you to bits but you think it’s great that Man city was bought by foreign billionaires who are paying extortionate wages when family clubs like Bury are going bankrupt, double standards me thinks. I ain’t got any love for any politicians but I do believe that you should work for a living and I think unions became too powerful. I think labours idealistic view that everyone should have the same is great but unrealistic, I think people expect everything for nothing and that’s the real problem, no one wants to save for anything now, they want it yesterday

    • #166496

      TF_caster rob
      Participant

      Apparently Thatcher, who was in office during the closure of 160 mines “destroyed” the industry and communities.

      That being the case what are we to make of Harold Wilson who oversaw the closure of 290 pits during his premiership?

      I saw the Beast of Combover on the news tonight moaning about the cost of the funeral because she was “divisive”!
      Nearly all politicians are divisive, or we’d just have the one party (like the Soviets that he so admires) but how divisive do you want to be?:

      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

      Immigration as a tactical weapon for social engineering must be more divisive than anything besides the final solution. Shows what they thought of their core support though.

      If Skinner wants to ask questions about the cost maybe he should start closer to home:

      http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4889936/tony-blair-gordon-brown-approved-margaret-thatcher-funeral-details.html:

      Prezza Attacks Tony and Gordon for Thatcher Funeral

    • #166497

      @lloydy1970 wrote:

      Dodge love you to bits but you think it’s great that Man city was bought by foreign billionaires who are paying extortionate wages when family clubs like Bury are going bankrupt, double standards me thinks. I ain’t got any love for any politicians but I do believe that you should work for a living and I think unions became too powerful. I think labours idealistic view that everyone should have the same is great but unrealistic, I think people expect everything for nothing and that’s the real problem, no one wants to save for anything now, they want it yesterday

      Wolverhampton Wanderers are shit and they have very wealthy owners mate ? 😮 😀

      There is no chance Bury FC will go under , i would imagine both Manchester,s big clubs will help them out in any way they can 😉

      and ive found your FB thanks to bendover 😀 😮 😀 😉

    • #166499
    • #166504

      Lol, you on Facebook Dodge? Wolves are shite and I’d rather us be in the conference than be like QPR, Chelsea or Man City mate, football is no longer a sport run for supporters or families and if it ain’t carefully it will go back to the 70s and 80s with violence. At least that’s one good thing we can agree on that Thatcher did, promised the football scum 5 years in jail if they started, stopped the violence on the terraces and streets over night, we all know they found some out the way places to fight but at least it was only there selves they were hurting

    • #166505

      Never liked her or her policies or the people she worked for
      thats as much as I’d like to say about her……

    • #166506

      Can’t find you on Facebook Dodger

    • #166510

      Up The Wolves!

    • #166511

      @Paddy wrote:

      Up The Wolves!

      They’re just teasing us lol

    • #166529

      TF_caster rob
      Participant

      Amazed that the lefties are still going on about the funeral costs, I thought they were keen on public spending.

      Still, for a movement that claims to embrace the virtues of tolerance and inclusivity they’ve proved once more that no-one does hatred, envy and vitriol like the left.

    • #166534

      Nice to see the BBC true to form went out of their way to find and interview the usual anti Maggie, left wing, rabble minority. Bet they were galled to see how many turned up to see her off and pay their respects.
      The sooner the TV tax is abolished and the BBC have to live in the real world with the rest of us the better.

    • #166552

      Anonymous

      Rob, you like to put yourself across as being intelligent. You also seem to suggest that you are well read on the subject of politics and political history. So, please do a little research in to the impact of Thatcher,s policies on the many millions of ordanary hard working people in this country who were dealt real harm and hardship by her policies. They dont show Thatcher in such a great light once you get past your own personal experiences or political stance. Look at the evidence from the other perspective. Those who seem to hate her even after more than 20 years out of Government. I know what happened in Liverpool because i lived though the effects of her policies and what they did to my great city and its people. A whole City cannot be wrong in its estimation of Thatcher, can they? Its strange that Miceal Hesltine is held in such high regard within Liverpool if we are all a rabble of lefties. We might not have wished to vote for him but we do respect him. The same cannot be said of Thatcher!

      I dont think history will show Thatcher in such a great light now that she has gone and the full story is told in its entirety!

      Personally, i dont mind the country paying £10 million for Thatcher,s funneral. Many people would have been happy for the country to have payed twice that price if we could have had the funneral a little sooner. She put a lot of ordanary hard working people in an early grave after a lot of suffering because of her unjust and ill conceived conviction politics!

    • #166551

      TB I think you talk Liverpool down too much. You still have two PL footy teams who have done and continue to do very well. You have given us many stars like the Beatles and many would view your city in a favourable light. Yes its got its poorer areas show me a major city that hasn’t
      I get this sense of bitterness and that many think the world owes them a living from your posts, I may be wrong but thats what I read.
      Many cities including my own have seen a massive influx of migrants over the last 20 years, but your area geographically has been at this cross roads of a100 years or more so culturaly I would guesss you are probably more cosmapolitan than most cities.
      Yes the local docks were radically changed but so was every dock similarly affected by containerisation.
      I feel really sorry that your city cannot shake off the aftershock of the changes made by a democratically elected politician who left goverment 23 years ago. If you cant move on you are doomed to a life of self inflicted misery.
      I think MT will be judged well by history, forget the domestic issues and look at the international stage. She helped to bring about the USA and Russia ending the cold war and the removal of the Iron Curtain effectively liberating millions of people from oppressive regimes, thats major in anyones estimation. We can all argue exactly how much influence but however small it cannot be ignored.
      This really is my last post on this topic we should be fishing now and enjoying ourselves lifes too short..

    • #166553

      TF_caster rob
      Participant

      @TB:

      I don’t “put myself across” or “try to suggest” anything.
      I don’t need to research because like you, I lived through “the effects of her policies”, I also witnessed and lived through the effects of unfettered trade union domination which preceded her. Wild-cat strikes, secondary picketing, worker intimidation, closed-shops, jobs-for-life, all of which put a noose around the neck of British manufacturing and tightened it year by year.
      I don’t know anyone in their right mind who thought that this fiasco was sustainable.

      I’m sure a whole city like Liverpool cannot be wrong in its estimation of Thatcher. Equally I’m sure they don’t all behave like this:

      http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kevin-bennett-murder-three-boys-1833684

      or batter children to death on rail tracks., or shoot them dead while cycling across pub car-parks.

      It’s not strange that Heseltine is held in high-regard at all, most look favourably on those that throw other people’s money at them.

      Personally I don’t mind the country paying £10 million for the funeral (if that’s what it was) better than wasting it on the Philpots of this country.


      @JohnH

      “I get this sense of bitterness and that many think the world owes them a living from your posts, I may be wrong but thats what I read.”

      You’re not alone there.

      Pity about the Beatles, I wish they’d have kept them.

    • #163688

      Anonymous

      John, i was not putting down how Liverpool is today. The City has grown and changed in many ways over the 20 years since Thatcher left power. It is not because of Thatcher that Liverpool is once again a reasonable place to live, work hard, bring up our kids and play. Liverpool has grown from the ashes in spit of Thatcher and not because of her. For so many to hate her so much in the 5th biggest City in our country. Shows just how deep the scars of Thatchers policies effected the people of Liverpool even to this day. Liverpool does still have its problems like every other City in our country. Many of those social problems are as a direct result of Thatcher and her policies. She created an underclass. She created the benefit culture. A whole section of the population are excluded from societies norms and values. She created a situation where a whole section of society is forgotton or ignored until a man is kicked to death by 3 kids or a child is led away from its mother and murdered on a railway line by another two kids. Its these extreem examples of what is wrong with our society that show that there is a much deeper problems that Thatche created and that have been ignored for the most part by all Governments since Thatcher,s time.

      I have not argued that Thatcher got it all wrong. I attempt to give balance in any argument involving politics. There is always two sides to any story. She made many lives better and i,ve said that all the way though this conversation. Large parts of the county did very well under her premiership and still do very well today. As a leading states person. She was held in high esteem. History will look at her in a good light in some of those regards.However, there where many issues and problems with our country in 1979. Thatcher did what she believed to be the right to solve many complex issues at that time. Its how she achieved her goals that history will judge her on. Its the people who where left behind and had their lives destroyed that she will be judged and remembered by. There is much still to be told of the hardship and missery that she created that is hidden even today. Many of the ills of our society are of her making. Thats what for many Thatcher will be remembered for and told in schools when the full history is written.

      Rob, i asked you to look at the bigger picture from an alternative point of view. Look at both sides of the argumet instead of just looking at your own personal experiences or though your own political point of view. Seems your not capable of doing that. Anyway, she has gone. So, we can now all move on.

    • #166585

      TF_caster rob
      Participant

      @TB:

      “She created a situation where a whole section of society is forgotton or ignored until a man is kicked to death by 3 kids or a child is led away from its mother and murdered on a railway line by another two kids.”

      So, if Thatcher hadn’t enabled them these scumbags couldn’t have done what they did?
      Thanks for clearing that up, I would never have known.

      “Thats what for many Thatcher will be remembered for and told in schools when the full history is written.”

      It will be if the leftie teaching unions continue with their brain-washing.

      Now, not content with an original demand for TREWWWTH being met, then a cry for JUSSTUS, they now seek to censure the free press too, headed by an inconsequential waste of licence-payers money of over £1million a year:

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2013/apr/18/kelvin-mackenzie-dailytelegraph

    • #166587

      Anonymous

      Thanks for proving my point, Rob.

    • #166588

      TF_caster rob
      Participant

      Thanks for ignoring mine.

    • #166597

      If harm is caused by intent then we could call her evil.But if harm is caused by good intent then evil is not present.Only history can decide if the blessed Margaret was right or wrong.If you and yours are better for her policies then you will think the best. If no good came to you and yours,then you will think little of her.

      For me its mixed emotions,I have done well in life.But on the other hand,the land of my birth is a wasteland.

      Dodge,Caster Rob….good arguments /points as always.

    • #166608

      @DAT wrote:

      If harm is caused by intent then we could call her evil.But if harm is caused by good intent then evil is not present.Only history can decide if the blessed Margaret was right or wrong.If you and yours are better for her policies then you will think the best. If no good came to you and yours,then you will think little of her.

      For me its mixed emotions,I have done well in life.But on the other hand,the land of my birth is a wasteland.

      Dodge,Caster Rob….good arguments /points as always.

      Nice post DAT , and thanks.

      One learns in life never to let politics cloud a friendship and Rob loves his roach fishing and horse racing just like i do .

      Wolverhampton Wanderers lost again ! 😀

    • #166600

      @Dodge wrote:

      @DAT wrote:

      If harm is caused by intent then we could call her evil.But if harm is caused by good intent then evil is not present.Only history can decide if the blessed Margaret was right or wrong.If you and yours are better for her policies then you will think the best. If no good came to you and yours,then you will think little of her.

      For me its mixed emotions,I have done well in life.But on the other hand,the land of my birth is a wasteland.

      Dodge,Caster Rob….good arguments /points as always.

      Nice post DAT , and thanks.

      One learns in life never to let politics cloud a friendship and Rob loves his roach fishing and horse racing just like i do .

      Wolverhampton Wanderers lost again ! 😀

      Horses coste my marriage and Wolves cost me my hair

Viewing 120 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.