Picking out bigger bream

Home Forums Fishing Fly Fishing Picking out bigger bream

• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by alfie.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Mono

My local stillwater which holds a good head of large bream and loads of skimmers, can anyone tell me how I can pick out the bigger bream, Ive tried pellet’s and large worm but no joy, is a boilee my only hope, you can guess whats happening with red maggot. ps, feeder fishing in 6 feet of water.

TF_Man of Kent

have you tried either lucheonmeat or corn? Maybe a lump of bread? Method feeder?

TF_baitchef
      Participant

There is an old saying,bigger baits for bigger fish…think along those lines & I recon you will sort it.

AndyT4
      Participant

if they are proper bream, 4lb upwards, 2 whole worms on a long hair is worth a go. Other than that boilies will catch you some good fish too, you will have to experiment with boilie sizes, till you find one that the skimmers wont have a go at

TF_baitchef
      Participant

Skimmers tend to stay away from trout pellets as well, prefering the coarse, so you could try an 11mm one.

TF_Cutnut

Cockles……….

TF_Cutnut

Big Cockles….

Mono

Thanks,Will give them ago

AaronH
      Participant

If you are using a groundbait feeder, i would use chop worm and caster inside the feeder. Put a few chopped worms in then casters then plug it up with groundbait at each end.

scoobs11

korda maggot clip on a hair and alternate maggots and half worms

alfie
      Participant

I would go with a good size piece of hair rigged meat

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.