Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 22/4/12
STARLETS VETS (GEARYS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ray Quiney (Packington) 41 – 4 Peg 21 LITTLE GEARYS
F1’s on Pole fished short with Pellet
2. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 40 – 7
3. John Smith (Packington Vets) 34 – 5
4. Andy Saunders (Packington Vets) 30 -13
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Craig O’Brien (Fast Feeders/
Packington) 57 – 0 Peg 45
F1’s & carp on Method & Meat
2. John Adamson (Packington) 51 – 8
3. Andy Findlay (Preston Innovations) 49 – 0
4. Derek Hartshorne (Swann Baits) 41 – 0
TONY’S OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Tony Musticone (Alvechurch) 34 – 8 Peg 7
Carp & F1’s on Pole & Pellet
2. John Stockton (Barford AA) 31 – 8
3. Dave Smith (Fishing Lodge) 29 – 4
PACKINGTON VETS (GEARYS, WILLOW & GRATUITIES)
1. Norman Davies (Packington) 55 – 5 Peg 9 GRATUITIES
Carp & Tench on Pole & Pellet
2. Jim Hinckley (Packington) 46 – 9
3. Ray Quiney (Packington) 43 -12
4. Dave Howl (Lanes Baits) 42 – 6
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Ian Crossman (Browning Central) 59 -10 Peg 11
Carp on Method/ Pellet/Meat
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 58 – 1
3. Dave Atkins (Ridgemere AC) 37 – 2
4. Ray Quiney (Packington) 34 – 7
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. John Adamson (Packington) 68 – 8 Peg 48
F1’s on Pellet/Feeder & Pellet
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 54 – 8
3. Paul Amos (Packington) 52 – 2
4. Max Higgot (Gone Fishing Hinckley) 48 -12
MOLANDS The cold wet weather over the past week has affected sport but was improving as the week went on. Various tactics are best for F1’s and carp or pole fished down the first shelf with pellet or meat for mixed nets of F1’s, tench, crucians and skimmers. The best areas have been from pegs 1 – 4, 10 – 23, 27 – 31, 41 – 48 and 52.
GEARYS Still a bit patchy with decent nets coming off a few pegs and quite hard on some areas. The cooler weather has kept the fish in the deeper water with pegs along the high bank from 1 – 13 the most consistent with 30 – 36 also worth a try. Method feeder to the middle stumps with meat or pellet on the hook is accounting for carp to 16lb and pole fished pellet, corn or meat is working for mixed nets of skimmers, tench, carp and brown goldfish.
LITTLE GEARYS Fish being caught all around the pool but catches are lower than expected for the time of year. Nets of F1’s and skimmers to 40lb caught this week with pole fished short down the near bank the most productive tactic. Method feeder to the island is also producing a few fish. Best pegs are 7 – 11, 21, 26 – 29.
GRATUITIES Pole and pellet is the top tactic on Gratuities fishing out to 6 – 9 metres with pellet and caster or corn as a change of bait for bigger fish. There have been lots of tench and carp in the 1 – 3lb bracket being caught along with skimmers and crucians. The end pegs have been best with 1, 8, 9, 15 and 16 the favoured pegs but all of the pool has fished well this week.
ANNIVERSARIES Lots of fish being caught with mixed catches to 40lb being caught on pole fished pellet or caster or maggot. A few bigger carp with fish to double figures coming to boilies or meat fished tight up to the far bank on the early pegs 1 – 5.
WILLOW The most consistent pool at the moment with all pegs producing plenty of fish. F1’s, carp, tench, skimmers and crucians are coming to pellet fished on the pole fishing down the margin and also with pellet, corn or meat producing the bigger fish with carp to 10lb falling to this tactic.
FIRST BAY This small pool has only got four pegs but has been fishing really well with mixed catches of carp, tench, crucians, rudd and skimmers. Fishing down the edges up to the lily pads has been the most productive.
CRESCENT Again this small pool has been very poplar this week with carp to 8lb coming to meat or pellet fished along the far bank reed beds on the pegs at the top end of the pool.
SATURDAY 28th APRIL – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 29th APRIL – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30 am to 3.30pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
Draw 1pm, fish 2pm to 7pm.
The Fishery will be open from at 6am from 1st May.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net