FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 8/12/13
(MOLANDS & WILLOW)
1. Ray Quiney (Packington) 35 -11 Peg 2 MOLANDS F1’s on Pellet Feeder & Bread
2 Jim Wyatt (Packington) 29 – 4
3. Phil Hull (Lanes Bait) 25 -10
4. Steve Birch (B’ham Thursday Club) 23 – 5
1. John Adamson (Packington) 25 -10 Peg 29 F1’s on Pole & Pellet 2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 20 – 6
3. John Stockton (Barford AA) 16 -11
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 20 – 2
2. John Batey (Packington) 19 -14 3. Norman Davies (Packington) 17 -10 4. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 17 – 2
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 15 -10 Peg 43 Roach & F1’s on Pole & Caster 2. Joe Roberts (Kamasan Starlets) 10 -10
3. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 7 -12
SHAKESPEARE WINTER LEAGUE – ROUND 4
1. Phil Canning (Packington) 46 – 2 Peg 2 MOLANDS Carp on Bomb & Bread
2. Andy Findlay (Preston Innovations) 24 -12
3. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 23 – 6
4. John Adamson (Packington) 19 -13
1. Andy Findlay (Preston Innvovations) 8 Points
2. Phil Canning (Packington) 9 Points
3. John Burchell (Packington) 14 Points
4. John Adamson (Packington) 17 Points
MOLANDS The fishing has been very patchy this week with the water going clearer and the fish shoaling up. F1’s have made up the better catches although a few bigger carp are coming to the bomb and bread. A small pellet feeder or open end feeder with red maggot, small pieces of punched bread or an expander pellet has worked best for F1’s. Best areas have been 1 – 4, 8 – 15, 31 – 25, 43 – 45 and 54 – 60.
GEARYS It has been very quiet this week on Gearys with only a few pleasure anglers fishing the pool. The high bank was the most popular area and some good sized skimmers and roach are being caught along there. Pole fished maggot, caster or expander pellet fished over ground bait was the best tactic.
LITTLE GEARYS On Little Gearys, long pole with pellet or red maggot with micros have worked best mainly for F1’s but a few decent skimmers also coming to this. The middle pegs on either side of the lake have been best with 7 – 12 and 27 – 29 the top areas.
GRATUITIES This pool is fishing well especially the feature pegs in the corners, with carp, tench and skimmers showing to the pole and caster or small expanders.
WILLOW The best pegs have been 4 and 6 with carp and F1’s being caught on a pellet feeder fished tight to the island. Long pole with pellet has produced decent mixed nets of skimmers, F1’s and crucians.
SATURDAY 14th DECEMBER – OPEN – GEARYS Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 15th DECEMBER – CHRISTMAS MATCH Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYSDraw 9.15am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
THERE ARE STILL TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR SUNDAY’S CHRISTMAS MATCH, CURRENTLY OVER 60 TICKETS HAVE BEEN SOLD. THE MATCH WILL BE HELD ON MOLANDS, GEARYS, LITTLE GEARYS, GRATUITIES AND WILLOW. ALL ANGLERS TAKING PART WILL RECEIVE A PRIZE.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSES AT 5pm.
FROM NOVEMBER 1st – FEBRUARY 28th 2014 –DAY TICKET PRICES WILL BE £6.00 AND £4.50 CONCESSION.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net