Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 5/1/14
1. Bill Weele (Packington Vets) 22 – 0 Peg 56 F1’s on Pole & Maggot
2. Phil Hull (Lanes Bait) 17 – 8
3. Keith Wynn (Lanes Bait) 16 -14
4. Johnny Johnson (Youngs TBF) 13 – 8
1. Dave Howl (Lanes Bait) 40 – 0 Peg 47 F1’s on Feeder & Maggot
2. Jim Wyatt (Packington) 26 -10
3. John Batey (Packington) 26 – 2
4. Brian Overton (Packington) 25 – 2
1. John Adamson (Packington) 52 – 0 Peg 52 F1’s on Pellet Feeder & Pellet
2. Craig O’Brien (Fast Feeders/P’ton) 50 -14
3. Paul Hunter (Paulsfodder) 33 – 7
4. Dave Neale (Lanes Bait) 21 – 6
SHAKESPEARE WINTER LEAGUE – ROUND 5
(MOLANDS AND LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Mark Downes (Kamasan Starlets) 44 – 6 Peg 42 MOLANDS Carp on Pellet Feeder & Pellet
2. Paul Amoss (Packington) 43 – 8
3. Martin Wood (Solihull Ang. Centre) 36 – 3
4. John Newton (Smithys) 31 -14
1. Andy Findlay (Preston Innovations) 14 points
2. Phil Canning (Packington) 15 points
3. John Newton (Smithys) 19 points
MOLANDS Molands has fished well this week with match weights to over 50lb and some decent sized fish coming out. Ray Quiney of Birmingham caught two carp for 30lb on the Winter League using popped up bread fished tight to the island. The F1’s have been showing in numbers and plenty of fish between 1½lb – 2 ½lb have been coming out with pole and pellet or pellet feeder the best tactic for these. Roach and decent sized skimmers are coming to the pole fished caster over ground bait. The best areas have been pegs 2, 8, 13 – 17, 23 – 29, 42 – 48 and 52 – 60.
GEARYS A few carp are coming to the bread and bomb approach but it is the skimmers that have provided the best sport over the past week. The high bank area has seen nets to 30lb coming to pole and pellet or caster fished at 9 – 13 metres.
LITTLE GEARYS Sport picked up on Little Gearys over the last few days with the fish spreading further around the pool and provided decent sport on most pegs. Pole and pellet fished long or down the margins was the best tactic with pellet feeder tight to the island a good alternative.
WILLOW Fishing well with anglers having plenty of bites from skimmers, F1’s, small carp and a few chub to 2lb showing. Pellet feeder tight to the island is best for F1’s and carp with pole and pellet, maggot and caster for mixed nets.
GRATUITIES Pole and caster is catching decent mixed nets of roach, skimmers, crucians and the odd tench and carp. Best tactics for carp is the waggler with punched bread or corn fishing up to the island. Top pegs 1, 4, 8, 9, 11 and 15.
FIRST BAY/REEDY BAY These sheltered pools have been popular over the holiday with anglers catching plenty of F1’s and small carp on pole and maggot or pellet.
SATURDAY 11th JANUARY – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS – £20.00 Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 12th JANUARY – OPEN – MOLANDS – £20.00Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS – £15.00 ALL INDraw 9.15am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
Season tickets for 2014/2015 are now on sale at £160.00 for a full membership and £140.00 for a concessionary membership.
WINTER DAY TICKET PRICES
THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7.30am
FROM NOVEMBER 1st – FEBRUARY 28th 2014 –DAY TICKET PRICES WILL BE £6.00 AND £4.50 CONCESSION.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net